PDA

View Full Version : Nats Outfielder Pena To Have Surgery On Left Shoulder

Hap
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3486810

WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals outfielder Wily Mo Pena will have surgery on his left shoulder.

Pena has a small tear in his left rotator cuff and fraying of the labrum in his left shoulder.

He was examined Monday by Nationals team doctor Ben Shaffer and is expected to have the operation within seven to 10 days.

Pena is hitting .205 with two homers and 10 RBIs in 195 at-bats this season for the Nationals, who enter the All-Star break at 36-60, the worst record in the majors.

OnBaseMachine
07-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I wonder what 5-tooler Jimbo will acquire to replace Pena?

westofyou
07-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I wonder what 5-tooler Jimbo will acquire to replace Pena?
http://dev.wavemaker.com/forums/files/462px-Bob_the_builder.jpg

KronoRed
07-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Comical he's gotten 195 at bats..keep at it Jimbo.

Highlifeman21
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
http://dev.wavemaker.com/forums/files/462px-Bob_the_builder.jpg

Bob The Builder?

RedsManRick
07-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I can think of an available LF Jimbo might be interested in...

camisadelgolf
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
This post is tongue in cheek, by the way, but maybe there's a little truth to it. I blame Dr. Tim Kremchek. He always seems really happy to be performing surgeries on professional athletes. I think he claims players need surgery just so he can get time on television to claim that he performed surgery an a celebrity.

Highlifeman21
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM

Or a RF who should play LF.....

cumberlandreds
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM

There's very,very little the Nats have I would be interested in. They are pretty baron,talentwise.

RedlegJake
07-14-2008, 08:48 PM
There's very,very little the Nats have I would be interested in. They are pretty baron,talentwise.

Not their minor league system. 9th ranked in MLB. Most of it is AA and lower talent but they have some very very interesting lefties like Detwiler, McGeary and Smoker. They aren't likely to be trading much of that, though, their owner has stated he is building through the farm and he's content to wait - the DRays method. Still with Jimbo it never hurts to enquire.

REDREAD
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
This post is tongue in cheek, by the way, but maybe there's a little truth to it. I blame Dr. Tim Kremchek. He always seems really happy to be performing surgeries on professional athletes. I think he claims players need surgery just so he can get time on television to claim that he performed surgery an a celebrity.

Not to mention, back when MLB let him talk on the radio, he loved building up the drama to set himself up as the savior of the player.

They had Doc Hollywood on a few weeks ago to talk about Thompson (right before Thompson's callup).. Doc had to let us know what a miracle he performed and of course talked the kid up as if he was the next Volquez..

What a glory seeking windbag.

OnBaseMachine
07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Kremchek must be doing something right if big name players continue coming to him for surgery.