PDA

View Full Version : Edinson Volquezduring the 79th MLB All-Star Game at Yankee Stadium - July 15, 2008

robmadden1
07-16-2008, 02:05 AM
http://thep03.sytes.net/reds_gallery/?spgmGal=2008/Edinson%20Volquez%20during%20the%2079th%20MLB%20Al l-Star%20Game%20at%20Yankee%20Stadium%20-%20July%2015,%202008

improbus
07-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Glad to see Eddie there, not happy that he gave up a bomb to J. D. Drew. What can you do, it happens.

But, that was a great game. It was played with a lot of intensity. The guys really played like they cared. Outside of Uggla looking like a T-Ball second baseman and Corey Hart running around like he has no idea what he was doing, the defense was overwhelming (notice that there were no Reds playing Defense...)
-Tejada's throw on that slow chopper was one of the best quick plays in a pressure situation I've seen since Jeter's flip.
-Russell Martin was amazing at the plate
-McLouth's throw to Martin at home, perfect

As an aside, my 9 month old has been sick for the last week, and I have been averaging 2-3 hours of patchy sleep per night. So, last night she finally sleeps through the night and what do I do? I watch the game and get 2-3 hours of sleep again. I'm the same guy who sleeps through Super Bowls, I slept through the Bengals playoff game, etc... Yet I watched an exhibition game. Good stuff