PDA

View Full Version : Dan Uggla

gobucks106
07-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Nice game Uggla! That was ugly. How many errors did he make last night. Wonder if Phillips watched and thought to himself I could have made those plays. How about in the tenth with runners on first and third he grounds into the DP to end the inning with a chance to drive in the go ahead run. Not only can Phillips field he can hit, he should have been their not Uggla. Also the play that Utley couldn't make in the first against Jeter, Phillips could have made that one.

Phillips Head
07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Uggla is a right handed Adam Dunn who's having a career year, hitting .280

He'll slump right back down to the .240-.250 range come september...

Phillips didn't have the offensive numbers to top Uggla for a spot, but I would definately take him over Uggla any day thanks to him being an overall better player...

Note: Uggla made 3 errors, one of which was due to a really bad hop, but good mechanics would have allowed him to knock that ball down and make the play...

TheBigLebowski
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Uggla's a good player who happened to have a nightmarish game last night.

Not even sure how to reply to the Dunn comment so I'll leave it alone.

Anyways, Uggla's a fine player. I would love to have him at 2nd and move BP to short.

justincredible
07-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Nice game Uggla! That was ugly. How many errors did he make last night. Wonder if Phillips watched and thought to himself I could have made those plays. How about in the tenth with runners on first and third he grounds into the DP to end the inning with a chance to drive in the go ahead run. Not only can Phillips field he can hit, he should have been their not Uggla. Also the play that Utley couldn't make in the first against Jeter, Phillips could have made that one.

Phillips would have been just as likely to GIDP in that situation.

He would have been 1000x better in the field, though.

Jack Burton
07-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Wow, rough night. Errors and strikeouts in big situations. They said his dad's dream was to watch him play at yankee stadium. Ouch.

reds2221
07-16-2008, 12:45 PM
he had 3 errors and 3 strikeouts. Definatly a nightmare of a game. I wonder how many other players have accomplished this feat in an all-star game.

Brutus
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
he had 3 errors and 3 strikeouts. Definatly a nightmare of a game. I wonder how many other players have accomplished this feat in an all-star game.

He had three errors and booted a fourth ball that very nearly cost him another error.

He's lucky Aaron Cook escaped the ninth and tenth innings or Uggla would have been the goat.

AFalcon10
07-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Uggla is a great player, but I would take BP anyday. Both should have been on the NL roster. My guess is Uggla will be moved before its all said and done, maybe to third first or a corner outfield. Hanley Ramirez is, in my opinion, a far greater specimen as far as the Marlins middle infield goes.

Rob387
07-17-2008, 07:49 PM
i heard them say during the game that the marlins got him for 50,000 in the rule 5 draft so i'm sure they aren't too upset about is ASG performance

walk-off
07-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Hanley Ramirez's bat is special, but I don't see his defense sticking at ss for long. The combo of he and Uggla up the middle is fantastic from an offensive standpoint, but is just average from a defensive perspective. Especially when you consider their fans are used to seeing the double play combo of Alex Gonzales and Luis Castillo they had back when they won the series. Oh, well, I don't feel too sorry for them. It must be nice to be a fan of a team that wins the word series flips everybody for young talent, then wins it all again.