PDA

View Full Version : The Reds rotation is now set

Reds Fanatic
07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
This is from Trent:

Thu vs NYM: RHP Johnny Cueto (7-9, 4.67) vs LHP Johan Santana (8-7, 2.84) wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Fri vs NYM: RHP Bronson Arroyo (7-7, 5.97) vs RHP John Maine (8-6, 3.99) wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Sat vs NYM:RHP Josh Fogg (1-2, 7.94) vs LHP Oliver Perez (6-5, 4.44) wlw/fsn ohio, 7:40

Sun vs NYM: RHP Edinson Volquez (12-3, 2.29) vs RHP Pedro Martinez (3-2, 6.25) wlw/fsn ohio, 1:15

Mon vs SD:RHP Homer Bailey (0-3, 7.00) vs TBA wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Tue vs SD:RHP Johnny Cueto vs TBA wlw/fsn ohio, 7:10

Wed vs SD: TBA vs TBA wlw radio, 12:35

* The one that jumps out at me is Sunday. That, to Edinson Volquez may be bigger than even starting the All-Star Game. He will face his idol, Pedro Martinez. I'll talk to him about that tomorrow. Should be interesting.

VR
07-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Any updates on Harang?

OnBaseMachine
07-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Awesome that Volquez gets to face Pedro. I was hoping Dusty would set it up like that. I remember reading a couple weeks ago where Volquez said one of his dreams was to face Pedro one day and now that dream comes true for him. Kudos to Dusty.

Degenerate39
07-17-2008, 01:25 AM
We'll need a healthy Harang back ASAP. I hope he returns back to form this month.

WVRedsFan
07-17-2008, 01:55 AM
I predict 2-2 in this series. More than respectable. If we can score some runs.

Homer Bailey
07-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Awesome that Volquez gets to face Pedro. I was hoping Dusty would set it up like that. I remember reading a couple weeks ago where Volquez said one of his dreams was to face Pedro one day and now that dream comes true for him. Kudos to Dusty.

I'm excited too, but let's not get carried away.

Cyclone792
07-17-2008, 06:16 AM
I must say I'm extremely disappointed the Reds are sending Fogg out there on Saturday. The game has been sold out for weeks due to it being Hall of Fame induction night, and it's likely that big crowd will just see Fogg getting lit up.

I am glad that Volquez will get four days off from his ASB appearance on Tuesday, but Fogg on Saturday stinks.

Jpup
07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
I must say I'm extremely disappointed the Reds are sending Fogg out there on Saturday. The game has been sold out for weeks due to it being Hall of Fame induction night, and it's likely that big crowd will just see Fogg getting lit up.

I am glad that Volquez will get four days off from his ASB appearance on Tuesday, but Fogg on Saturday stinks.

I know it's unlikely, but he could have another start like his last.

paulrichjr
07-17-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm going to next Friday's game. I was hoping for Volquez. I guess it will be Fogg...Great. I'm so excited.

Homer Bailey
07-17-2008, 12:21 PM
As much as I dislike Fogg, he's been pretty solid since his return. Maybe he really was hurt in the early season. His numbers are trending towards his career norms, and if he can get back to his norms by the end of the season, that will mean he's had a very solid second half. I know it's only been two starts, but I don't dread him going out there this weekend at all.

WebScorpion
07-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Fogg is usually pretty good in every other start; He was exceptional in his last start, so what does that mean for his next start? Uuuuuuuuh.... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/merv/outfield.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

_Sir_Charles_
07-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Why so down on Fogg going? Since he's come back up he's had 2 outstanding starts in a row.

11.1 ip / 7 hits / 4 er / 1 hr / 3 bb / 7 k's / 3.18 era

And it should've been even better, had Bray & Majewski thrown even remotely decent in relief in the Milwaukee game. He shouldn't have gotten tagged with those extra 2 er's. But regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch. Homer too.

CTA513
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
This was posted on metsblog.com:

News: Pedro To Miss Start
By Mike Nichols - Jul 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Speaking on WFAN a few moments ago, Jerry Manuel stated Pedro Martinez
received an injection today and will miss his scheduled start on Sunday versus the Reds.

Manuel said Mike Pelfrey will start in Martinez’s place on Sunday.

Cyclone792
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Why so down on Fogg going?

Because I don't like spending money to watch bad Reds pitchers pitch. Josh Fogg falls in that category, same as Eric Milton in recent years.

Chip R
07-17-2008, 04:49 PM

Not to pick nits but the game isn't sold out yet. Matter of fact I got a ticket for the game this afternoon. I agree about Fogg, though.

Cyclone792
07-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Not to pick nits but the game isn't sold out yet. Matter of fact I got a ticket for the game this afternoon. I agree about Fogg, though.

I think the online system is screwy, or the Reds hold back tickets. I checked two weeks ago for a couple buddies who wanted to go and the only tickets available were family section (or Diamond seats, but we're talking common folk here). I checked yesterday and it was SRO. I've got seats anyway from my package.

What type of seats were you able to grab?

OnBaseMachine
07-17-2008, 05:34 PM
* Reds manager Dusty Baker said starter Aaron Harang's return is "still a little ways off."

"Harang's a little off still, but fortunately for him and us, it's in the muscle, not the joint," Baker said.

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog

Chip R
07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I think the online system is screwy, or the Reds hold back tickets. I checked two weeks ago for a couple buddies who wanted to go and the only tickets available were family section (or Diamond seats, but we're talking common folk here). I checked yesterday and it was SRO. I've got seats anyway from my package.

I got one in the Sun Deck. Course it was only one so pairs may be tougher to come by.

Jpup
07-17-2008, 11:39 PM

They hold back tickets. The best way to buy them online is to wait about a week before the game. I usually get Club home seats for every game I go to that way. I have not been able to go this year though.

membengal
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
* Reds manager Dusty Baker said starter Aaron Harang's return is "still a little ways off."

"Harang's a little off still, but fortunately for him and us, it's in the muscle, not the joint," Baker said.

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog

I am hoping that means spring 2009.

Degenerate39
07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
It says Pelfry is pitching Sunday for the Mets on Yahoo Sports. So I guess we won't see Volquez vs Pedro

Ron Madden
07-19-2008, 03:43 PM

I'm going to the game and would rather see anybody else on the staff.

I'll still be rooting for Fogg to pitch well though.

:)

RedlegJake
07-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm going to the game and would rather see anybody else on the staff.

I'll still be rooting for Fogg to pitch well though.

:)

Got your wish ;)