PDA

View Full Version : For the love of God Blow this team up

Redus
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Im sick of it. This loss was the capper. Woulda been a great win instead its a devastating loss. Send Dunn and his big "oafish unatheletic Dave Kingman strikeout or cant beat the stupid shift" butt to LA with Weathers (whom I do appreciate but is on his last legs) to LA for Kemp if they even do it. If not let him walk after the year. Get Griffey to the AL. Hes toast. He cant hit 3rd.He cant play NL outfield. Hes a DH...so is Dunn basically. If Cordero will accept a trade get him out of here for whoever will take that contract.
Get younger/cheaper/and MORE ATHELETIC. Were in the NL. Lets get rid of the beer league softball team....good lord Jocketty make a friggin move.:rolleyes:

forfreelin04
07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Redus,

I echo your frustration, but you must understand that it is not that easy. To adequately build a consistent winner, you must have a dedicated plan of success. With this revolving door of manager, general managers, and poor contracts I only see an organization that does not know what it is doing.

You can't trade for a guy like Kemp when someone else is going to offer a more lucrative deal. The Reds have players they "NEED" to trade. They always wait until it is too late. This year will be no different. The key to trading is being able to cap a player at current production and predict future decline.

I hope Walt has the ability to do this.

wojo1025
07-17-2008, 11:40 PM
It simply amazes me when people makes these posts. So, let me get this straight...in order to make this team better all we need to do is send all of our "bad players" to other teams? That makes perfect sense, because obviously, if we think they are no good and they can't play for us...there should be a TON of people wanting to bring them to their team, right?

Who wants Dunn if he's as bad as this board thinks he is? If he can't play LF in Cincy, what makes you think he can in LA?

Who wants Griffey? If his bat speed is slow and he can't hit in the NL, why would a contending team want him in their lineup? Who makes a trade for a #7 hitter?

Who wants Weathers? Why would someone trade for a guy that "is on his last leg" and who's elbow is held together by a rubber band at this point? If you are a contending team...would you want to bring in this guy?

Look, losses like tonight are frustrating...but they happen. If it's not bad managing it's bad defense. If it's not bad defense it's a bad bullpen. This team is and has been a losing franchise for quite a while, we all know that. Every year fans get excited that this "may be the year". Then, as soon as the team blows a game it's "trade this guy, trade that guy". Easssssssy.

This team is what it is. It's a team that hits a lot of HRs, has some spectacular nights on the mound, and throws it around a lot on the field. I would like to see them blow this team up too, but it's simply not going to happen.

It's hard to blow a team up when noone wants your players!

Blue
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
What a joke. Yeah, Dunn had a terrible game. 1-4 with a HR and BB. If he did that every game he'd be league MVP. Stop blaming the team's best everyday player for its struggles.

Redus
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Redus,

I echo your frustration, but you must understand that it is not that easy. To adequately build a consistent winner, you must have a dedicated plan of success. With this revolving door of manager, general managers, and poor contracts I only see an organization that does not know what it is doing.

You can't trade for a guy like Kemp when someone else is going to offer a more lucrative deal. The Reds have players they "NEED" to trade. They always wait until it is too late. This year will be no different. The key to trading is being able to cap a player at current production and predict future decline.

I hope Walt has the ability to do this.

Youre totally correct. I'd love to have a good young guy like Kemp who all of LA is blaming for their off year even though his numbers are respectable. Fielding an outfield with Griffey and Dunn in the NL was a bad idea for a while now. Thank god after this year theyll be gone (I Hope). Three and Four hitters they are not anymore. Outfielders theyre not. Good baserunners? NO. Theyre killing us. I have no faith in Jocketty. I'd have kept Krivsky.:thumbup:

Blue
07-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Youre totally correct. I'd love to have a good young guy like Kemp who all of LA is blaming for their off year even though his numbers are respectable. Fielding an outfield with Griffey and Dunn in the NL was a bad idea for a while now. Thank god after this year theyll be gone (I Hope). Three and Four hitters they are not anymore. Outfielders theyre not. Good baserunners? NO. Theyre killing us. I have no faith in Jocketty. I'd have kept Krivsky.:thumbup:

This one is even worse.

improbus
07-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Considering that the Reds have over 10 free agents going into this offseason, I think the idea of "blowing it up" is going to take care of itself.

Also, remember that the Mets do have some serious Mojo working right now. When you win 10 straight, someone is looking out for you. If only we played 25 more against the Nats.

Redus
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
What a joke. Yeah, Dunn had a terrible game. 1-4 with a HR and BB. If he did that every game he'd be league MVP. Stop blaming the team's best everyday player for its struggles.

Yeah if he did that he'd hit 250 instead of 220. Does the guy even ever work on beating that shift. Hes had it.Hes turned into a Steve Balboni or Kong Kingman.

Redus
07-17-2008, 11:49 PM
This one is even worse.

Care to explain?

Redus
07-17-2008, 11:51 PM

I'll agree if he hit a homerun every game hed be MVP....thatd be 162 HRs a phenomenal season by anyones standards:eek:

Redus
07-17-2008, 11:53 PM

I'll also take Brandon Phillips as the teams best everyday player for my money.

gitterdunn
07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I think we got beat tonight because the Mets are better than us, not because our team sucks. Seriously, we got 5 runs of a guy who went 40-4 with a 2.90 era in 4 years. Not exactly bad in my opinion. The Mets just knock the cover off the ball, thats why theyve won 10 straight. Do we need to fix things? Yea, I'd say so but tonight I walked away feeling better about our team because we hung with an above .500 team that usually beats the crap out of us...and I do agree completely with wojo...if dunn is so bad what makes us think another team is going to trade for him with someone better?

It was just a rough night at the yard I think...

superred
07-18-2008, 12:00 AM
It was just a rough night at the yard I think...

exactly

lidspinner
07-18-2008, 12:10 AM
It simply amazes me when people makes these posts. So, let me get this straight...in order to make this team better all we need to do is send all of our "bad players" to other teams? That makes perfect sense, because obviously, if we think they are no good and they can't play for us...there should be a TON of people wanting to bring them to their team, right?

Who wants Dunn if he's as bad as this board thinks he is? If he can't play LF in Cincy, what makes you think he can in LA?

Who wants Griffey? If his bat speed is slow and he can't hit in the NL, why would a contending team want him in their lineup? Who makes a trade for a #7 hitter?

Who wants Weathers? Why would someone trade for a guy that "is on his last leg" and who's elbow is held together by a rubber band at this point? If you are a contending team...would you want to bring in this guy?

Look, losses like tonight are frustrating...but they happen. If it's not bad managing it's bad defense. If it's not bad defense it's a bad bullpen. This team is and has been a losing franchise for quite a while, we all know that. Every year fans get excited that this "may be the year". Then, as soon as the team blows a game it's "trade this guy, trade that guy". Easssssssy.

This team is what it is. It's a team that hits a lot of HRs, has some spectacular nights on the mound, and throws it around a lot on the field. I would like to see them blow this team up too, but it's simply not going to happen.

it dont get any better than this post right here. this fella hit the nail on the head. Who is gonna want our scraps? If it were that easy we would do it every year. If the reds are gonna trade anyone, its gonna be one of our studs becasue noone wants our turds

Redus
07-18-2008, 12:14 AM

Im hopin a contender would take a chance on these three. Weathers could work a 7th or 8th for some team short on pitchers..the Dodgers lost their closer moving Broxton up to close..could Stormy setup?
Maybe someone gambles the Griffey back in the AL and in a playoff race rejuvenates him?
Dunns 27 hrs HAS to interest someone.
Come on its not like Im asking them to trade Corey Patterson. These guys have a little value..get something for them and move on.

Blue
07-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Sure.

Youre totally correct.

I don't have a quibble with this, as forfreelin04 was being pretty vague.

I'd love to have a good young guy like Kemp who all of LA is blaming for their off year even though his numbers are respectable.

The irony here is almost too much. Kemp's numbers are respectable, but that's about all they are. Meanwhile, Dunn's numbers are excellent, and yet you blame him for the Reds' problems while your heart bleeds for poor little Matt Kemp getting blamed for LA's mediocre season.

Fielding an outfield with Griffey and Dunn in the NL was a bad idea for a while now.

Griffey is awful, a shell of his former self. Dunn is one of the top hitters in the league. They should never be lumped into the same argument.

Thank god after this year theyll be gone (I Hope).

Some day we'll look back on this and just laaaugh! It will come after a long period of crying.

Its not that Dunn is irreplacable, its just that they're not very likely to replace him any time soon. There is Milton Bradley, and there is Pat Burrell.

Three and Four hitters they are not anymore.

Griffey is a three hitter according to the manager, but is not worthy. Dunn is not a four hitter according to the manager, but his numbers make him the best person on the team to hit fourth. Its not even close. He has a low batting average. Get over it.

Outfielders theyre not.

Griffey is terrible. Dunn is about average in left field. For crying out loud its left field.

Good baserunners? NO.

Griffey, slow? Yes. Bad baserunner? I don't know, he isn't on base enough to figure it out.

Dunn, slow? Not really. Bad baserunner? Well, the first part of being a good baserunner is getting on base. He does that very well. He's not burning up the base paths, quite obviously, but he always gets good reads on the ball, rarely makes mental errors on the base paths, and like everyone else, rarely makes physical errors on the base paths.

Theyre killing us.

Griffey, yes. Dunn, NO! He's the best everyday player the Reds have, by far!

I have no faith in Jocketty.

That's understandable. He's been here all of three months, why hasn't he turned this aircraft carrier around?!?!

I'd have kept Krivsky.

He built this monstrosity.

Redus
07-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Sure.

I don't have a quibble with this, as forfreelin04 was being pretty vague.

The irony here is almost too much. Kemp's numbers are respectable, but that's about all they are. Meanwhile, Dunn's numbers are excellent, and yet you blame him for the Reds' problems while your heart bleeds for poor little Matt Kemp getting blamed for LA's mediocre season.

Griffey is awful, a shell of his former self. Dunn is one of the top hitters in the league. They should never be lumped into the same argument.

Some day we'll look back on this and just laaaugh! It will come after a long period of crying.

Its not that Dunn is irreplacable, its just that they're not very likely to replace him any time soon. There is Milton Bradley, and there is Pat Burrell.

Griffey is a three hitter according to the manager, but is not worthy. Dunn is not a four hitter according to the manager, but his numbers make him the best person on the team to hit fourth. Its not even close. He has a low batting average. Get over it.

Griffey is terrible. Dunn is about average in left field. For crying out loud its left field.

Griffey, slow? Yes. Bad baserunner? I don't know, he isn't on base enough to figure it out.

Dunn, slow? Not really. Bad baserunner? Well, the first part of being a good baserunner is getting on base. He does that very well. He's not burning up the base paths, quite obviously, but he always gets good reads on the ball, rarely makes mental errors on the base paths, and like everyone else, rarely makes physical errors on the base paths.

Griffey, yes. Dunn, NO! He's the best everyday player the Reds have, by far!

That's understandable. He's been here all of three months, why hasn't he turned this aircraft carrier around?!?!

He built this monstrosity.

My hear bleeds for Kemp? Please. All im saying is the kid plays good defense,is hitting 280 with 20 plus steals and they think hes killing them. Dunns defense is softball league at best, he cant steal a base and will never hit 280 again. Dunn is one of the top hitters in the league? hahahahaha. Yep 220 makes him the next Tony Gwynn. Phillips is the best everyday player we have. As for Jocketty hes fiddling while Rome burns...does he have a plan? Finaaly we agree Griffey is done.

Blue
07-18-2008, 12:23 AM
NM

BlastFurnace
07-18-2008, 12:25 AM

:beerme:

I agree with you 100%. Dunn is not the reason this team hasn't been over .500 in nearly a decade. He is our top RBI man this season by a long shot.

Why there are people who want to trade Dunn so bad is beyond me.

Blue
07-18-2008, 12:46 AM
My hear bleeds for Kemp? Please. All im saying is the kid plays good defense,is hitting 280 with 20 plus steals and they think hes killing them. Dunns defense is softball league at best, he cant steal a base and will never hit 280 again. Dunn is one of the top hitters in the league? hahahahaha. Yep 220 makes him the next Tony Gwynn. Phillips is the best everyday player we have. As for Jocketty hes fiddling while Rome burns...does he have a plan? Finaaly we agree Griffey is done.

Kemp is a corner outfielder. He might be average in CF right now, but his body has corner OF written all over it. That OPS won't cut it there. Oh, but his batting average is good enough... and we all know that is a very meaningful statistic. :laugh:

Dunn's defense is about average whether you like it or not. Above average this year, according to Baseball Prospectus. They know a thing or two about the game. He can't steal a base. Well, he gets to first a lot. That's more important than SBs. He will never hit .280 again. Probably true. Cry me a river. In spite of this supposed deficiency he leads the team in RBIs. I think he's more than getting by with that low AVG.

I must have missed your post about Phillips getting thrown out trying to take an extra base for the billionth time this season.

Does Jocketty have a plan? I don't know! He's only been here three months!

ChatterRed
07-18-2008, 01:47 AM
It's pretty simple. If Dunn and Griffey were any good, they would have been traded years ago. NOBODY WANTS THEM. NOBODY.

Yes, nobody wants our turds and our turds are bringing this team down. Pretty simple.

From Corey Patterson batting leadoff the first two months of the season, to Griffey batting third all season, to Dunn batting .220 all season. What a joke of a team we have, in terms of who we are paying the most money.

I will be glad when this season is over and some of the dead weight is gone. We won't truly be rebuilding until Dunn and Griffey are gone.

But the real problem is that management has no clue what they are doing. This team has been going in the same direction for the last 8 or so years, garnering the same results.......losing.

kpresidente
07-18-2008, 02:21 AM
But the real problem is that management has no clue what they are doing. This team has been going in the same direction for the last 8 or so years, garnering the same results.......losing.

It's not the same management for 8 years.

Redus
07-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Well losing sucks..I'll leave it at that. My opinion of Dunn is my opinion and everybodys entitled to their own..im good with that. I'll finalize my thread by saying this.... "Hurry up Football season"!

Redus
07-18-2008, 02:38 AM
I must have missed your post about Phillips getting thrown out trying to take an extra base for the billionth time this season.

I didnt see the Phillips thing im sorry. I did see Dunn trip over that invisble dog when he was heading for third and had to go back to second..damn hes graceful:beerme:

Blue
07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
It's pretty simple. If Dunn and Griffey were any good, they would have been traded years ago. NOBODY WANTS THEM. NOBODY.

I guess Barry Larkin was a bum, too. Think of all the bad teams he was on, yet never traded. Of course, the only logical conclusion is that nobody wanted him. Its pretty simple.

Blue
07-18-2008, 02:43 AM
Well losing sucks..I'll leave it at that. My opinion of Dunn is my opinion and everybodys entitled to their own..im good with that. I'll finalize my thread by saying this.... "Hurry up Football season"!

I predict that this year's Bengals will be better than last year's.

Nuxhall41
07-18-2008, 05:13 AM
NOBODY WANTS THEM. NOBODY.

What is it with all these GMs and upper management types? Don't these people know they should join a proper fantasy league to learn what winning baseball is truly all about?

Lockdwn11
07-18-2008, 06:51 AM

I didn't see anyone blaming Brandon Phillips.

Redus
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM

Ill go you one further. I bet my dolphins triple their win total (Im going out on a limb there):beerme:

BlastFurnace
07-18-2008, 12:00 PM

They still can't stop the run. Until they do, they will never go anywhere. Hiring Mike Zimmer was good, but he doesn't have the personnel yet. Right now, the Bengals are the 3rd best team in the division.

bgwilly31
07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
This team is starting to get beyond frustrating to watch.

I cant imagine anybody would not agree with that.

ChatterRed
07-18-2008, 12:50 PM
I guess Barry Larkin was a bum, too. Think of all the bad teams he was on, yet never traded. Of course, the only logical conclusion is that nobody wanted him. Its pretty simple.

I've learned alot about Barry Larkin in this past year. Things I never knew. And they aren't very nice, so I will keep it to myself. Things that made me say "say it ain't so", to the one's telling me.

There is alot to say for chemistry. There is alot to be said for veteran leadership, in teaching young guys how to prepare and play the game.

Put two and two together and you can see that this team has lacked QUALITY veteran leadership and chemistry for years.

Time for a change.

texasdave
07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Are Dan O'Brien and Walt Jocketty twins separated at birth? Geez, do something already. Hey, Walt, that flushing sound you hear is the 2008 season.

AFalcon10
07-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I like Walt not doing anything at this point. If anything we would be sellars and im not ready to throw away the season quite yet.. maybe after a poor week but we've been playing too well recently.. 8 of 12 in case you haven't noticed. We definately should not be buyers though which it sounds like you guys want them to be. Definately a wait and see team as the deadline approaches. That being said.. unload Griffey if someone will take him - better to get prospects instead of just losing him and he deserves better.

forfreelin04
07-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Redus and Blue,

I think you've have both hit on the main problem with fans have with the Reds and it is the main theme on this board and has been since, well 04 I guess.

There are those out there who blame Dunn and Griffey for the losing and there are those out there who realize they are probably the least of our worries.

To answer this question here's a question for everyone of you; if Manny and Big Papi had played in Cincy instead of Boston, do you think we'd have two WS rings by now?

mound_patrol
07-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Dunn is the least of our problems. One of the few bright spots. I wish we could split this sight up into two groups. One that believes batting average means everything, and those that realize that OBP and OPS are the more telling stats. This would save me a lot of time. Get so tired of the same old arguement that Dunn sucks because he only hits 200 even though he's top 20 in all of baseball at avoiding outs.

Redus
07-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Redus and Blue,

I think you've have both hit on the main problem with fans have with the Reds and it is the main theme on this board and has been since, well 04 I guess.

There are those out there who blame Dunn and Griffey for the losing and there are those out there who realize they are probably the least of our worries.

To answer this question here's a question for everyone of you; if Manny and Big Papi had played in Cincy instead of Boston, do you think we'd have two WS rings by now?

No Rings...more wins HELL YES

Blue
07-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Redus and Blue,

I agree we'd have more wins if we replaced our current players with better players, especially Griffey. I'll point out that Dunn has a higher OPS than Manny this year... and last year. Griffey and Dunn shouldn't be lumped together in this conversation.

What's the point of this? I also KNOW we'd be a worse team if we replaced Dunn with just an average player in left field, and a better team if we replaced Griffey with just an average player in right field.

ChatterRed
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I agree.

BLOW IT UP!

Ghosts of 1990
07-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Im sick of it. This loss was the capper. Woulda been a great win instead its a devastating loss. Send Dunn and his big "oafish unatheletic Dave Kingman strikeout or cant beat the stupid shift" butt to LA with Weathers (whom I do appreciate but is on his last legs) to LA for Kemp if they even do it. If not let him walk after the year. Get Griffey to the AL. Hes toast. He cant hit 3rd.He cant play NL outfield. Hes a DH...so is Dunn basically. If Cordero will accept a trade get him out of here for whoever will take that contract.
Get younger/cheaper/and MORE ATHELETIC. Were in the NL. Lets get rid of the beer league softball team....good lord Jocketty make a friggin move.:rolleyes:

Just wanted to point out that comparing Adam Dunn to Dave Kingman is like comparing Gary Sheffield to Gary Redus (I wanted to put it in terms you'd understand).

Dave Kingman never sniffed adam dunn type numbers. never. Let alone for 4 or 5 straight years. You have much to learn, son.

Fon Duc Tow
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I suspect we would have more wins at this point with ANY other RFer in baseball batting 3rd for us.

Sadly, the stats support this too.

"The important thing is that Griffey's ego is protected. Everything else is secondary." -Dusty Baker

CWRed
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah if he did that he'd hit 250 instead of 220. Does the guy even ever work on beating that shift. Hes had it.Hes turned into a Steve Balboni or Kong Kingman.

No he hasn't.

Jack Burton
07-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Let's start by blowing up the coaching staff, they should be ashamed to collect a paycheck for this dreck they call baseball.

Aces Wild
07-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Considering we have such a huge number of FAs at years end, I am pretty sure the " blow up" will take care of itself. I am also pretty confident that hanging on to Type A and B FAs instead of giving them away at the deadline is what we intend to do as well........very smart by the way. If you want to trade CP for peanuts fine (of course no one will give you peanuts for him), but you don't trade Type A and B FAs for garbage, because you lose the draft picks you get for them that can be truly valuable.

Redus
07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Just wanted to point out that comparing Adam Dunn to Dave Kingman is like comparing Gary Sheffield to Gary Redus (I wanted to put it in terms you'd understand).

Dave Kingman never sniffed adam dunn type numbers. never. Let alone for 4 or 5 straight years. You have much to learn, son.

First off im not your son. I have been watching the Reds for 36 years..how about you? You were -8 when I was watching the 75 World Series.Secondly I wasnt really comparing his numbers to Kingman. Lord knows Dunns a better player than Kingman ever was. He gets referred to Kong alot around here due to his all or nothing type ABS. He homers or Ks alot like Kong but Dunn has the ability to take a walk and produce runs that Kingman ever did. Its more a reference to being a big awkard galoot who homers and ks quite a bit. Dunns also a way better defender than Kingman which isnt saying much as Kingman didnt even need a glove..he sucked defensively. Anyone can google their numbers and figure it out. Dunn has turned it on as of late and is up to 240 with 30 hrs which is great..now that were out of it. At the time of my original post he was hitting 220 so I was pretty frustrated as we all are.So sit back and relax their Francis. I may have things to learn but not from you.

Redus
07-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Let's start by blowing up the coaching staff, they should be ashamed to collect a paycheck for this dreck they call baseball.

You are correct.

Redus
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
The irony here is almost too much. Kemp's numbers are respectable, but that's about all they are.

He's the main target right now in talks with the Dodgers for Manny. I guess im not the only one who thinks hes a pretty damn good player.

Blue
07-30-2008, 01:38 AM
He's the main target right now in talks with the Dodgers for Manny. I guess im not the only one who thinks hes a pretty damn good player.

He could be, but he's not right now, and definitely wasn't at the time this discussion started, which was kinda the point:

What you said:

I'd love to have a good young guy like Kemp who all of LA is blaming for their off year even though his numbers are respectable.

What I said:

He's hot as fire right now. Lets see if he can keep it up.

Redus
07-30-2008, 02:30 AM
He could be, but he's not right now, and definitely wasn't at the time this discussion started, which was kinda the point:

What you said:

What I said:

He's hot as fire right now. Lets see if he can keep it up.

Thats where we differ. I think Kemps numbers were good (and yes he's on fire for now) but he's also younger and cheaper which I guess I factored in to our Dunn conversation without stating it so my bad. Dunn batting cleanup and hitting 220 with 20 or so homers was my problem... and he's obviously caught fire since we posted also..240 with 30 hrs. I find it hard to believe he cant work on beating that shift they put on him either. As many walks as he takes he obviously has a good eye...isnt there a way he could poke a few the other way and make defenses play him more honest? I dont know apples and oranges. My thought was if we could get Kemp for Dunn he'd put up decent numbers and with the savings we could get a decent pitcher or something. No big deal. Im tired of the suckitude that is Reds baseball for 10 years..its pathetic

Redus
09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Blue I dont know if youre still here but I thought after the seasons Dunn (lowest BA in history) and Kemp (MVP) had Id rehash our argument LOL Gotcha!!!!

nux fan
09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
I think in Billings Redus almost batted .500

Vottomatic
09-30-2011, 08:54 AM
I was a big Gary Redus fan. Mario Soto was my favorite Reds pitcher, and the Reds had zero offense when he was there. Redus always seemed to come up with some big hits to support Soto, which made me like him even more.

DocRed
10-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I was a big Gary Redus fan. Mario Soto was my favorite Reds pitcher, and the Reds had zero offense when he was there. Redus always seemed to come up with some big hits to support Soto, which made me like him even more.

Leading the team with 17 home runs!!! Now those were the adays...ahhhh

Redus
10-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Loved me some Gary "Red Hot" Redus...thus my username. He never panned out like I though he would but he was decent. Soto by the way was robbed by being on bad teams...great pitcher and a great guy. Sat on a picnic table with him in spring training once and had some laughs when he was like the best pitcher in The NL...down to earth good guy.