PDA

View Full Version : Declaration of Not Watching/Listening Until .500

forfreelin04
07-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Redszone,

I hereby resolve that I will not watch/listen to the Reds until they get back to .500 for the 2008 season. By stating this, I know this means I will not watch them the rest of the year,

As an avid Reds fan all my life (since my first reds uni at the age of 1), I can no longer tolerate poorly played baseball in the Queen City.

To you the Reds, I offer my list of grievances:

-Ken Griffey signing: You promised me a new day, we got a tattered and torn eight years of injuries and a depreciation of epic proportions.

- Adam Dunn: We love him, no we hate him, trade him. Sign him long term! Enough already!

-Managers: Bring them in, take them out. Who wants to come coach here now?

-Bob C: Go back to the fruit industry, at least you can promise the oranges won't rot.

-Bengals: We'll talk in October when your 1-5.

Sincerely,

Forfreelin04

(Sorry folks, this needed to be in writing if I was going to stick to it) :cool:

mroby85
07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
you aren't a true fan.

ChatterRed
07-18-2008, 02:52 AM
Definitely a tough loss to swallow tonight.

will5979
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Welcome back to the misery that is better known as Reds baseball. I'm boycotting baseball as well until we start winning. I learned this by being a Bengals fan. And don't say that I'm not a true fan, I'm just fed up.

Fon Duc Tow
07-18-2008, 10:43 AM
If you only watch this team when they are .500 or better, then you will only be watching this team in early April...if that.

Up to you though.

TheBigLebowski
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
It's not out of the realm of possibilities that this team can reach .500 but this is not a contending team. I hope people understand that.

Honestly, if you're at all serious about this, you probably need to root for a different team. The Reds have not played .500 ball for a long, long time.

Jack Burton
07-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Fans should boycott by not going to the ballpark.

bgwilly31
07-18-2008, 01:26 PM
It seems many this morning have crossed over into the dark side.

Really this was a bad loss. But i dont blame the team. I blame cordero. I can forgive a bad game by one player. He let his team down and the fans.

But the rest of the team had a pretty good game imo.

Ohioballplayer
07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
You know it's bad when a guy like me says almost every year, I will give the Reds one more chance to have a winning season, my best friend and I have talked about even changing allegiances, but we stay faithful, WHEN does it end for the TRUE REDS FAN?????

Ghosts of 1990
07-18-2008, 02:29 PM
See ya next year bro

Griffey012
07-18-2008, 06:54 PM
You know it's bad when a guy like me says almost every year, I will give the Reds one more chance to have a winning season, my best friend and I have talked about even changing allegiances, but we stay faithful, WHEN does it end for the TRUE REDS FAN?????

Well there are plenty of faithful Cubs fans out there, we really dont have much to complain about.

will5979
07-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Every damn time I try to boycott and give up on a year I see some clips from the glory days and I get the itch. This morning after I made a post about not watching anymore this season a Pete Rose Sportscentury is on and guess what...here I am watching this game.

forfreelin04
07-18-2008, 11:18 PM
All,

I appreciate the kind words and the snide remarks too! There are those who will go on with the bleeding heart watching the Reds bring them up only to crush them, for those dedicated souls I salute you. I have done so since I could read a boxscore (5 years old) However, I am grown up now at 24 and need to realize their are other ways to have a delightful evening or a Saturday afternoon.

I, for one, and am not tired of watching Adam Dunn strike out, Griffey botch a play in right, or even Corey Patterson's luxurious eyebrows. What I am tired of is the hope of a winning season each year only to see decay come May through September.

I want Bob C and company to put their heads together and tell me for once that this team is a year or two away. I want them to tell me to expect some losing but to know their is a plan of long term success. I want Walt J to tell me Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the New Big Red Machine.

This is all I ask.

AFalcon10
07-19-2008, 01:12 AM
I hereby resolve that I will not watch/listen to the Reds until they get back to .500 for the 2008 season.

Call me an optimist but winning 8 out of 12 does that to you. See you at the ballpark forfreelin04....

Griffey012
07-19-2008, 01:39 AM
All,

I appreciate the kind words and the snide remarks too! There are those who will go on with the bleeding heart watching the Reds bring them up only to crush them, for those dedicated souls I salute you. I have done so since I could read a boxscore (5 years old) However, I am grown up now at 24 and need to realize their are other ways to have a delightful evening or a Saturday afternoon.

I, for one, and am not tired of watching Adam Dunn strike out, Griffey botch a play in right, or even Corey Patterson's luxurious eyebrows. What I am tired of is the hope of a winning season each year only to see decay come May through September.

I want Bob C and company to put their heads together and tell me for once that this team is a year or two away. I want them to tell me to expect some losing but to know their is a plan of long term success. I want Walt J to tell me Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the New Big Red Machine.

This is all I ask.

Well if our owners are economically dumb in marketing our team, i don't trust them to handle the signing, drafting, and trading, etc. So if they are really a year or two away and you are convinced this year is the year, then they are doing sometihing in the right direction.

FlyerFanatic
07-19-2008, 02:09 PM

This is all I ask.

any management can tell you exactly what you want, in fact most do. except in the reds case...its not gonna happen. we're gonna have to go the rays way and just draft top picks and hope those players pan out.

LexingtonLegend
07-20-2008, 12:41 PM
looks like you may be watching/listening by midweek.... yeah i said it, now let the losing streak begin :doh:

forfreelin04
07-20-2008, 03:58 PM
looks like you may be watching/listening by midweek.... yeah i said it, now let the losing streak begin :doh:

I'm so tempted, but I cannot jinx it. It was tough today with Volquez starting. I love to see him throw.

I'll stay true to my word to keep the dream alive.

Old NDN
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Redszone,

I hereby resolve that I will not watch/listen to the Reds until they get back to .500 for the 2008 season. By stating this, I know this means I will not watch them the rest of the year,

As an avid Reds fan all my life (since my first reds uni at the age of 1), I can no longer tolerate poorly played baseball in the Queen City.

To you the Reds, I offer my list of grievances:

-Ken Griffey signing: You promised me a new day, we got a tattered and torn eight years of injuries and a depreciation of epic proportions.

- Adam Dunn: We love him, no we hate him, trade him. Sign him long term! Enough already!

-Managers: Bring them in, take them out. Who wants to come coach here now?

-Bob C: Go back to the fruit industry, at least you can promise the oranges won't rot.

-Bengals: We'll talk in October when your 1-5.

Sincerely,

Forfreelin04

(Sorry folks, this needed to be in writing if I was going to stick to it) :cool:

I understand and share your frustration. I have been a die-hard Reds fan for as long as I can remember. I've been involved with baseball, playing or coaching, most of my life. As a kid, evenings were planned around Reds' radio games, and all-night fishing trips were scheduled when the Reds were on the West coast so we could stay up and listen. Wins and losses seemed to control my mood on a daily basis. The last several years of futility have finally taken their toll. I still follow at a distance. I will watch a few innings on Fox, read game reports, and follow what you all have to say. But until they put a more consistent product on the field, I just can't get too excited about the Reds anymore. Hope? Every year. Faith? None.

will5979
07-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm officially boycotting the Reds/MLB until this organization ACTUALLY STARTS winning. They say they want to win, PROVE IT!

I just can't take this madness any longer. I'm sick of being depressed over a freakin so called Major League Baseball organization. I hate everything about this organization as of tonight with the exception of the gloried past, that is all there is to love about this organization anymore, the past.

We are a has been organization with no light at the end of the tunnel. I'll always stay loyal to the Reds, but I just can't take it any longer.

Can't wait till football season, at least I can bet on those games.

Jack Burton
07-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Those who boycotted tonight's game are quite lucky.