PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to take a deep breath.....

gilpdawg
07-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, the game last night sucked, but it's not the end of the season. I keep seeing nonsensical knee-jerk reaction posts wanting anybody and everybody traded. This team needs work and all, but not because of last night.

IowaRed
07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
you are correct but you shouldn't be surprised. When the Reds win 3 or 4 there is inevitably a post about them having "turned the corner" and being a playoff contender. It's the nature of fans and Redszone in particular to go overboard either way.

Kingspoint
07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
The end of the season began with the signing of Corey Patterson.

Every game should just be one of trying to get the best out of enjoying one game, win or lose.

How successful can one expect a season to be when Junior continues to bat 3rd or a career .300 OBP guy leads off most every game the first two months?

The only way you can sanely watch the REDS is to have no expectations of reaching the playoffs and see the season as playing out the string until Griffey is gone.

Enjoy the milestones, the great defensive plays of BP and EE (yes, the great plays of EE), and the growth of the youngsters, of which EE is one of them.

gilpdawg
07-18-2008, 04:59 PM
The end of the season began with the signing of Corey Patterson.

Every game should just be one of trying to get the best out of enjoying one game, win or lose.

How successful can one expect a season to be when Junior continues to bat 3rd or a career .300 OBP guy leads off most every game the first two months?

The only way you can sanely watch the REDS is to have no expectations of reaching the playoffs and see the season as playing out the string until Griffey is gone.

Enjoy the milestones, the great defensive plays of BP and EE (yes, the great plays of EE), and the growth of the youngsters, of which EE is one of them.

But does anyone actually have it in their head that this team as currently constructed can contend, even with a hot streak? This is an up and coming team though. I expect to contend in 2009-2010, and I've felt that way since last offseason. Anything else is just gravy. I want to see this team get to .500 and I will be happy. And I think they will get there, just not much over.

Jack Burton
07-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes, bad game last night. Do this stuff before next season starts.
* Get rid of the current coaching staff
* Make some trades, we only have a couple untouchables, if that
* Move the GABP fences back, a lot. Would be nice to have a pitchers park and build around speed

Moving the fences back would be gigantic, it would decrease our pitchers ERA which in turn would create more demand for them, increase their stock on the trade market. Good pitchers would actually want to come to Cincy to pitch for us. It would force us to go after skilled defensive outfielders who cover mucho ground. Seems like the only negative would be a decrease in the long ball.

AFalcon10
07-18-2008, 09:55 PM
What Reds team are you guys watching we have won 8 of 12!