PDA

View Full Version : Site Review?

LvJ
07-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Not sure if this is allowed, but I have been on RedsZone since forever, and I was hoping to get some feedback from my fellow Zoners. I know a few of you out there have blogs of there own, so if you are interested in linking eachother, PM me.

The site: http://www.onbaseplusslugging.com/

Critique?

camisadelgolf
07-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I really like what I've read so far. Only time will tell if you truly have a great site, but nonetheless, it's an excellent start.

LvJ
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
I really like what I've read so far. Only time will tell if you truly have a great site, but nonetheless, it's an excellent start. Appreciate that. I'm quite the procrastinator, so the challenge for me is to keep it regularly updated. My new job allows so much free time. I am attempting to get my freelance design portfolio off the ground and maintain this blog. Key is keeping it fresh, too. Thanks!

gilpdawg
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Looks good.

LvJ
07-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Thank-ah.

jmcclain19
08-01-2008, 05:15 AM
LvJ - I like the simplicity of the blog, although I can't say I'm a fan of the tan. I know what you were going for with the green and dirt colors but the tan is just a little much. Especially since I have a widescreen monitor, it's like a dirt soup on the screen.

The green links on the left column to me seem a little too close to the green background.

That's all that jumps out at me. Like the site - and I've added your feed to my google reader. Look forward to keeping up with the posts.

LvJ
08-02-2008, 09:39 AM
LvJ - I like the simplicity of the blog, although I can't say I'm a fan of the tan. I know what you were going for with the green and dirt colors but the tan is just a little much. Especially since I have a widescreen monitor, it's like a dirt soup on the screen.

The green links on the left column to me seem a little too close to the green background.

That's all that jumps out at me. Like the site - and I've added your feed to my google reader. Look forward to keeping up with the posts. Thanks for the comments and add.

One question... do you see a green background? The links on the left should be on a tanish color background. :confused: I wonder if people are seeing something different than what I am getting. Hmm..

I am, however in the process of a new design. I liked it because it was simple, but it is quite ugly looking, I must agree. :D

jmcclain19
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
LvJ - I attached a screenshot of what I see

LvJ
08-02-2008, 07:07 PM
LvJ - I attached a screenshot of what I seeOkay, looks right.

What green background are speaking of?

Chip R
08-02-2008, 08:10 PM
O.K., let's not start any threads here to plug your website. Keep it in your sig, if you like, but RedsZone is not the place for this.