PDA

View Full Version : Nationals trade Rauch to Diamondbacks

Brutus
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
What on earth was Jim Bowden thinking?

Chad Cordero is down for the year and is a free agent at the end of the year. Meanwhile, the closer-in-waiting and current closer, Jon Rauch, had another year on his contract with a 2010 club option.

But today the Nationals traded Rauch for Emilio Bonifacio.

Not sure I understood this one. FWIW, Luis Ayala is also a free agent at the end of the year. I wonder if the Nationals will bring back Cordero or go another route?

LouisvilleCARDS
07-22-2008, 10:41 PM
What on earth was Jim Bowden thinking?

Chad Cordero is down for the year and is a free agent at the end of the year. Meanwhile, the closer-in-waiting and current closer, Jon Rauch, had another year on his contract with a 2010 club option.

But today the Nationals traded Rauch for Emilio Bonifacio.

Not sure I understood this one. FWIW, Luis Ayala is also a free agent at the end of the year. I wonder if the Nationals will bring back Cordero or go another route?

He's thinking, "wow, I hope those cortisone shots don't wear off and Jon doesn't rat us out."

07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
He's thinking, "wow, I hope those cortisone shots don't wear off and Jon doesn't rat us out."

LOL :laugh:

ChatterRed
07-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Bowden is thinking....."damn, I could have gotten a 5-tool hitter for him........."

AFalcon10
07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Good deal for Bowden. The NATS are way longer than 2010 from contending (I know i know but look at the rays!). Emilio Bonaficio will help stregthen an already strong farm system and help the Nats build for the future. Jon Rauch was never in the long term plan of things anyway. Good deal for both teams given the Dbacks major league middle infield talent.

DoubleA_Ron
07-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I've been to several Nationals games this season; and honestly Jon Rauch was having a good season but the Nats season is over and they need some SERIOUS long term help. After how bad they have been; DC fans are beginning to grumble and call for Bowden's head.