PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown: 3rd worst NFL owner

Chip R
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-ownersrankingspartone072208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

30. Cincinnati Bengals – Mike Brown: In addition to being among the chintziest owners in major professional sports (as evidenced by his insistence on retaining the league’s sparsest scouting department), Brown is a funny man. Alas, I have come to believe that he is an unintentional comic genius. Consider that last May, as Goodell opened discussions about further strengthening of the league’s personal conduct policy for all employees, Brown was the only person to speak against it. Recalls one owner: “Mike said, ‘We should each be able to manage our own organization without the league getting involved. If we can’t manage it ourselves, we shouldn’t be running our businesses.’ And we were all laughing to ourselves, because Mike is the one whose organization had more players getting in trouble than anyone else’s. He’s doing a helluva job.”

MWM
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Bunk. Brown is possibly the worst owner in all of professional sports, with only that Sterling guy from the Clippers as competition. But he's by far and away the worst in the NFL.

Danny Serafini
07-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Nah, Al Davis is worse. Brown may be incompetent, but Davis has flat lost his mind.

MWM
07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd trade Mike Brown for Al Davis without blinking an eye. I've always hated he "he wants to win" cliche because I've always believed that just about everyone involved in sports wants to win. Some just dont know how. I really believe MIke Brown couldn't care less about winning.

Highlifeman21
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Mark Cuban needs to buy the Bengals after he buys the Cubs.

redsfanmia
07-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Bunk. Brown is possibly the worst owner in all of professional sports, with only that Sterling guy from the Clippers as competition. But he's by far and away the worst in the NFL.

Bill Bidwell says hello.

improbus
07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
One question about Brown, does he have any other source of income other than the Bengals? Most owners made their money elsewhere.

MWM
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I'd drive personally to Arizona to pick Bidwell up if he would buy the Bengals from Mike Brown.

BuckeyeRedleg
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM
I think from the early 90's until just recently no other city could claim to having a worse combination of two sports franchises.

Thanks, Mikey for doing your part.

gonelong
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I'd drive personally to Arizona to pick Bidwell up if he would buy the Bengals from Mike Brown.

I think Bidwell and Brown are the same man. I bet you have never seen them in the same place at the same time, have you? :D

GL

Joseph
07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I think from the early 90's until just recently no other city could claim to having a worse combination of two sports franchises.

Thanks, Mikey for doing your part.

Has anything changed? I don't think so. Cast seems more competent than previous regimes, but he hasn't won a thing yet.

Until one of the teams starts winning, I'd say our Redlegs and Bungles are still Kings of the Ineptitude mountain.

BuckeyeRedleg
07-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Has anything changed? I don't think so. Cast seems more competent than previous regimes, but he hasn't won a thing yet.

Until one of the teams starts winning, I'd say our Redlegs and Bungles are still Kings of the Ineptitude mountain.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of the Bengals going 11-5 three years ago. But the more I think of it, it's been nothing but 8-8 since and it looks like it will be worse this year. So, I guess 11-5 was just the lucky exception for this city's pitiful franchises.

Oxilon
07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. I was thinking more along the lines of the Bengals going 11-5 three years ago. But the more I think of it, it's been nothing but 8-8 since and it looks like it will be worse this year. So, I guess 11-5 was just the lucky exception for this city's pitiful franchises.

And go figure when we finally have that 11-5 season, a starting QB goes down with an ACL tear on the first play. Bad ownership sure, but there's just as much bad luck to go around too.