PDA

View Full Version : Help on this trade

Griffey012
07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
The trade is

Giving up: Hamilton, Markakis

Getting: Jose Reyes, Jermaine Dye

This was a counter offer to an original trade, I am currently in first in a many stat rotisserie league by 1.5 points. My shortstop right now is Y.Escobar or Nomar. I have a gluttony of outfielders in hamilton, markakis, ellsbury, damon, drew, burrell, and conor jackson. My idea is to get a stud SS for an outfielder and get CJackson into the opened up outfield spot. And then I still have a combination of Ellsbury,Damon, and Drew to fill 2 spots, basically riding the hotter hands for the rest of the season. Thoughts?

Buckeye33
07-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Getting Reyes is nice, but I think you are giving up to much in the trade.

Hamilton and Markakis are studs. Dye has been great so far, but will he keep it up the rest of the season?

I think I'd want a better player then Dye to make this deal.

Griffey012
07-25-2008, 01:53 PM
My only fear is hamilton the rest of the season, at some point i would think he would have to come back to earth a bit, but who knows

Johnny Footstool
07-25-2008, 02:57 PM
The upgrade at SS should offset the downgrade in the OF. You can ride the hot hand in OF for the next two months, but you probably won't find another SS worth having.

I'd fish for a better OF than Dye, but the deal isn't too bad as-is.

Griffey012
07-25-2008, 04:36 PM
I guess the trade should be looked at this way:

Get:
Reyes
Dye
Conor Jackson

Give:
Hamilton
Markakis
Y. Escobar

I might try replacing Markakis with Burrell, or JD Drew.

He might take Burrell, but him and Markakis are acutually pretty similar stat wise this season. And I doubt he would take Drew especialy with Big Papi coming back.