PDA

View Full Version : Man Shoots Lawn Mower

GAC
07-26-2008, 08:12 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mower_madness

MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski said he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police quote, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She said he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20080726/0013729e42ea09f4c0b009.jpg

(looks like Nick Nolte's brother)

Screwball
07-26-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20080726/0013729e42ea09f4c0b009.jpg

That's pretty much exactly how I expected him to look.

Boston Red
07-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Didn't he play basketball at Dayton?

SunDeck
07-26-2008, 12:06 PM
But did the thing start after he shot it?

ochre
07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Didn't he play basketball at Dayton?
Walekowski:
http://www.udflyers.com/webcards/images/waleskowski1.jpg

Boston Red
07-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Damn he's aged badly.

eichstadtreds
07-26-2008, 12:55 PM
That's pretty much exactly how I expected him to look.

Right their is what is wrong with people today. Stereotyping and expecting a certain look means people look a certain way. It really is a shame thats how people choose to judge people by how they look.

Screwball
07-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Somebody needs to lighten up.

eichstadtreds
07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Somebody needs to lighten up.

I'm fine, it's not really you its just how everyone in general acts.

TeamSelig
07-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Sorry, but that is too perfect of a 'stereotype'

Before seeing the picture....

Guy shoots his lawn mower? Really? He has a fu manchu. No doubt about it.

No one acts that cool without one. Just sayin'

guttle11
07-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Terry Funk looks good these days...

eichstadtreds
07-26-2008, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=TeamSelig;1702957]Sorry, but that is too perfect of a 'stereotype'

No one acts that cool without one. Just sayin'[/QU

There is no perfect stereotype. Classifying someone by their look no matter how ridiculous is ludacris.

goreds2
07-26-2008, 04:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_on_fe_st/odd_mower_madness

MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.

I have to admit, I have felt this way before when I have had trouble getting my mower to start.

GAC
07-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I have to admit, I have felt this way before when I have had trouble getting my mower to start.

I spent almost 3 hours today repairing my Craftsman riding mower. Piece of crap. My kids left the key on so it drained (ruined) the battery, and one of the rear tires went flat.

So I went and got a battery and had to buy a new tire. But after I corrected those problems the mower still no go. So I thought.... "What the crap is wrong with this thing now!!!" Only I didn't use the word "crap". ;)

Was it the drive belt, maybe the transmission? It turns out that when they changed the tire the metal "key" that fits in the trans axle groove on the drive tire had fallen out and they didn't realize it.

So once I got that replaced I then had the privilege of getting the yard mowed. :lol:

Matt700wlw
07-26-2008, 09:07 PM

That's the important detail

TeamSelig
07-27-2008, 01:25 AM
[QUOTE=TeamSelig;1702957]
There is no perfect stereotype. Classifying someone by their look no matter how ridiculous is ludacris.

Not really. There are limits to everything.

GAC
07-27-2008, 11:08 AM

I try to live by the creed, when it involves power tools and such, get them before they get you. I believe in preemptive strikes! :p:

GAC
07-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey! This just came to me....

Maybe his lawn mower really isn't a lawn mower at all, but a Transformer!

The guy goes down to Junior Sample's Auto Sales and THINKS he's buying a prime 1974 Chevy C10 pickup, equipped with racoon tail on the antenna, and a gun rack. He gets home, goes in and grabs himself a PBR from the frig, comes back outside and there's an MTD sitting in his driveway.

It could happen because I saw the movie. ;)

dougdirt
07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
I still dislike the fact that he got arrested for shooting a gun at his own stuff. Thats ridiculous.

Falls City Beer
07-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I still dislike the fact that he got arrested for shooting a gun at his own stuff. Thats ridiculous.

I think it was the "shooting at stuff in a drunk and disorderly way with an illegal firearm" that got him in trouble.

I don't want a drunk guy shooting off any weapon in my neighborhood.

Reds4Life
07-27-2008, 02:58 PM

He could end up with more problems than just being charged with discharging a weapon. Aricle said it was a sawed off shotty, if it's under 14", it qualifies as a short barrell, which means you have to pay the ATF a $200 tax stamp and register it. Having an unregistered class III weapon is a big no no, and will land you in federal court.

TheBigLebowski
07-28-2008, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=TeamSelig;1702957]Sorry, but that is too perfect of a 'stereotype'

No one acts that cool without one. Just sayin'[/QU

http://www.rapsearch.com/news/images/ludacris.jpg

Ludacris says "Hey yo - stereotyping is wack."

dougdirt
07-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I think it was the "shooting at stuff in a drunk and disorderly way with an illegal firearm" that got him in trouble.

I don't want a drunk guy shooting off any weapon in my neighborhood.

Well what are the odds that his neighbor knew he was drunk? He couldn't have been too drunk, he hit the lawnmower.

Ltlabner
07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
He could end up with more problems than just being charged with discharging a weapon. Aricle said it was a sawed off shotty, if it's under 14", it qualifies as a short barrell, which means you have to pay the ATF a $200 tax stamp and register it. Having an unregistered class III weapon is a big no no, and will land you in federal court.

Bingo.

Firing a weapon in town/city limits while drunk is bad.

Screwing around with a unregistered NFA weapon is *really* bad.

For those who don't know, Short Barreled Rifles and Supressors (aka silencers) are legal to own, however, there is a very specific process to having them registered for legal ownership along with the $200 tax stamp. BATF frowns on trying to circumvent the process and the govm'nt really frowns on not collecting the tax money.

Roy Tucker
07-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Some thoughts...

* I don't think anyone's mug shot ever looks good.

* There have been times in my life when I've wanted to shoot my lawn mower. However, I would think shotgun shot would just splatter off the engine. Need something with some oomph to pierce an engine block. I mean, you want to kill the thing, not just make it mad.

* However, I don't think I've ever mowed my lawn while drunk. I've been known to have a few beers after mowing. If I drink before mowing, I think I'd just say "awww, I'll just do it tomorrow". Besides, mowing while drunk may be against the law.

OldRightHander
07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Some thoughts...

Need something with some oomph to pierce an engine block. I mean, you want to kill the thing, not just make it mad.

This might do the trick.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/1364132/SAS-makes-deadly-debut-with-new-sniper-rifle.html

registerthis
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Right their is what is wrong with people today. Stereotyping and expecting a certain look means people look a certain way. It really is a shame thats how people choose to judge people by how they look.

And now he's generating some ideas about how *you* look. See how this works?

flyer85
07-29-2008, 12:17 PM
don't you just want to see a picture of the "babe" that turned him in?

Spring~Fields
07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Well what are the odds that his neighbor knew he was drunk? He couldn't have been too drunk, he hit the lawnmower.

:lol:

He ought to be able to hit it with a shotgun, hard to miss. :)

RFS62
07-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Sounds to me like the mower had it coming.

GAC
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Sounds to me like the mower had it coming.

Exactly. Everyone seems to want to take the side of this "innocent" lawn mower. I've never met an innocent lawn mower!

SunDeck
08-04-2008, 07:25 PM

It doesn't take the greatest aim in the world to hit your lawnmower with a sawed off shotgun. I mean, we've already established that it was probably stationary, and not serpentining across the yard.

Anyway, if a guy wants to take his lawnmower out in the middle of his back 40 and rake it with gunfire, then I'm all for it. However, if he's discharging his gun back there in the man cave on his postage stamp lot in my neighborhood, I'm calling Johnny.

And how did he know he was drunk? Well, my guess is it was the screaming and the obscenities that preceeded the gunfire. But I wasn't there.

gm
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Exactly. Everyone seems to want to take the side of this "innocent" lawn mower. I've never met an innocent lawn mower!

Life got so much simpler when I switched to a B&D Electric mower. Even my son can't make it not start (of course, reducing the lawn area through creative landscaping is also a plus...)

Now if they only had electric dirt bikes...lock and load