PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers sneaking up

Brutus
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't know if anyone has realized this, but the Rangers are really hot lately. They're now 54-50 after their win today against the A's and have taken over second place in the AL West by a couple of games.

In fact, Texas is now just 5.5 games out of the AL Wildcard as of right now.

With Vicente Padilla pitching so well and the offense as good as it is, the Rangers might not be irresponsible to try and make a trade or two this week to improve their club.

bw87a
07-27-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah, i'm kind of jealous at what the rangers have done. they've turned around that program and have gotten some solid young talent in there. hamilton is amazing. they are efficient and seem to want to win. i wish i could say the same about my reds.

Kingspoint
07-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh, yeah. I realized it. I've been associating the REDS and Rangers as being in similar situations for the past month, where both teams had about 8 teams that they had to climb over. The REDS and Rangers both made it 5 teams and got to within about 8 games behind in the Wildcard until about 5-6 games ago. The REDS faded when Cordero continued his abysmal season by blowing 2 games, and then the REDS faced the hottest team in the Majors this weekend in the Rockies, where every player on the team in July has been hitting .390 with an OPS of 1.100.

BlastFurnace
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
The Rangers have a solid core group of players in Young, Kinsler, and Josh. Kinsler and Josh are both having MVP type years this season. Like the Reds, they have a real up-and-comer in Davis at 1B as well. They pretty much play 3rd Base by committee, but that committee has been putting up solid numbers. Their outfield is much better than the Reds OF this season, with another kid David Murphy putting up some solid numbers.

The difference between the Rangers and Reds this season has been that they have starting pitching that has been good beyond just one starter, some good middle relief, and another. C.J. Wilson is about the equal of Cordero, but makes a whole lot less.

Lockdwn11
07-27-2008, 04:14 PM
The Rangers have a solid core group of players in Young, Kinsler, and Josh. Kinsler and Josh are both having MVP type years this season. Like the Reds, they have a real up-and-comer in Davis at 1B as well. They pretty much play 3rd Base by committee, but that committee has been putting up solid numbers. Their outfield is much better than the Reds OF this season, with another kid David Murphy putting up some solid numbers.

The difference between the Rangers and Reds this season has been that they have starting pitching that has been good beyond just one starter, some good middle relief, and another. C.J. Wilson is about the equal of Cordero, but makes a whole lot less.

I like our pitching staff better going forward.

BlastFurnace
07-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I like our pitching staff better going forward.

I agree with you. Harang will bounce back next year and Cueto and Volquez will be better in their 2nd year.

I was just talking about how they are doing this season.

He got it!
07-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Texas Rangers are the best offensive team in baseball 1-9 in my opinion. If you ever watch them play they never give away at - bats and are locked in every time up. If they had any pitching they would challenge LAA in the West in my opinion.