PDA

View Full Version : Bailey tonight

ChatterRed
07-27-2008, 01:16 AM
15 hits allowed. Yikes. If not for Bruce and Griffey throwing runners out at home, it coulda/shoulda been worse.

NarrowStairs
07-27-2008, 01:35 AM
15 hits. He was lucky to allow 5 runs. Shoulda been 10+.

The hitters will tell you how good your stuff is.
Bailey had as good of stuff as he's had all year, and still got shelled.

Something is wrong with him.
In his first cup of coffee in the bigs he was throwing 95. Now he's throwing 90. He's not that kind of guy.
2 strikeouts? Piss poor

Blue
07-27-2008, 03:09 AM
15 hits. He was lucky to allow 5 runs. Shoulda been 10+.

The hitters will tell you how good your stuff is.
Bailey had as good of stuff as he's had all year, and still got shelled.

Something is wrong with him.
In his first cup of coffee in the bigs he was throwing 95. Now he's throwing 90. He's not that kind of guy.
2 strikeouts? Piss poor

Its strange how his velocity is inconsistent. Sometimes he throws 90 mph, and sometimes its 94 mph, and every now and then he gets it up to 95 mph. Its got to be mechanical.

ChatterRed
07-27-2008, 10:01 AM
I was behind home plate, and watched the pitch speeds listed out in left center field next to the "chiquita" sign. Bailey was throwing upwards of 92 mph at times consistently.

Fon Duc Tow
07-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Just goes to show what you usually get with the small market "someday" philosophy.

We deal today's talent away at the deadline, for a handful of beans, in hopes for "someday."

Someday Never Comes.

Some prospects pan out, most do not. If a team primarily depends on prospects for success, then lets the good ones go after they require more money, for them to compete with teams that are not handicapped in this fashion is VERY difficult.

If you have a GM that knows how to play the GM Game on the high difficulty setting, and if this GM gets a little luck to go his way on top of everything else, then the team MIGHT get lucky one year and be able to hang with the free spenders of the league.

Might.

Sidenote: Why do teams like the Yankees even have a farm system? Seems to me that the rest of MLB is the Yankees farm system.

Bailey might turn it around, and he might be a bust.

Might. :rolleyes:

ChatterRed
07-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah right. Tell the Marlins and Rays that.

Fon Duc Tow
07-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah right. Tell the Marlins and Rays that.

If you have a GM that knows how to play the GM Game on the high difficulty setting, and if this GM gets a little luck to go his way on top of everything else...

:beerme:

ChatterRed
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
When did the high payroll Yankees last win the World Series? Hmmmm.

REDblooded
07-27-2008, 03:13 PM
didn't the reds alter his throwing motion to help him hold baserunners? since then his velocity has dropped, and he has.... gasp. baserunners.

TC81190
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I have no idea how Bailey was so hittable last night. I was at the game so I got to see him pitch in person. He was getting the fastball into the mid 90's pretty regularly. His delivery looked good, alot closer to when I saw him debut when he first came up as opposed to his more recent outings. I guess that fastball was just catching alot of the plate. Either way, I am expecting him to bounce back in his next start.