PDA

View Full Version : Pattterson to save the day!

gobucks106
07-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Dusty must be conceding the sweep. Patterson starts today in center and leads off. Can we still bring back Pete Mackanin?

Ghosts of 1990
07-27-2008, 12:03 PM
yeah I figured.

Where is the lineup

Blue
07-27-2008, 01:00 PM
I really cannot believe that he is back in the leadoff spot.

Jack Burton
07-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Are you freaking kidding me? It's just inexcusable, the bum needs to be fired and that should be obvious to anyone that roots for this team. Sad sad times for Reds fans.

DannyB
07-27-2008, 01:34 PM
yeah I figured.

Where is the lineup

Here it is
REDS

Corey Patterson CF

Jeff Keppinger SS

Ken Griffey Jr. RF

Brandon Phillips 2B

Adam Dunn LF

Edwin Encarnacion 3B

Joey Votto 1B

David Ross C

Josh Fogg RHP (2-2, 7.09)

ROCKIES

Scott Podsednik CF

Jeff Baker 2B

Matt Holliday LF

Brad Hawpe RF

Garrett Atkins 1B

Ian Stewart 3B

Troy Tulowitzki SS

Chris Iannetta C

Ubaldo Jimenez RHP (6-9, 3.98)

The previous 2 gems have produces 10 hits and 3 runs......

Orodle
07-27-2008, 01:36 PM
WTF

BLEEDS
07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
This would ALMOST be acceptable, if he would switch Patterson and Votto in the lineup...

However, since it's 1 - CF and 2 - SS for Dusty, come heck or high water, we'd have to put Votto in CF.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

DannyB
07-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Of that lineup I think Dunn would be the best leadoff hitter:confused:

Fon Duc Tow
07-27-2008, 01:50 PM
What's not to like about Corey Patterson?

Ghosts of 1990
07-27-2008, 02:03 PM
WHy not sit griffey? NIce throw just now patterson. beautiful

Jones1
07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
This would ALMOST be acceptable, if he would switch Patterson and Votto in the lineup...

However, since it's 1 - CF and 2 - SS for Dusty, come heck or high water, we'd have to put Votto in CF.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I totally agree, as we're watching the Rockies on there way to sweeping the Reds 7 to 0 pathetic!

Jones1
07-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Of that lineup I think Dunn would be the best leadoff hitter:confused:

At this point the batboy would be a better lead off..

redram
07-27-2008, 04:21 PM
This is why Baker deserves no respect as a manager. I would love to see Pete Mackanin back. We played pretty good under him with less talent.
Manager with NO HEART = Players with NO HEART and we can see it with all the mental mistakes the players have made this year.

FlyerFanatic
07-27-2008, 05:26 PM
This is why Baker deserves no respect as a manager. I would love to see Pete Mackanin back. We played pretty good under him with less talent.
Manager with NO HEART = Players with NO HEART and we can see it with all the mental mistakes the players have made this year.

i dont think baker doesnt have heart...he gets fired up at points, he just doesnt know when to give up on patterson, and sometimes makes terrible decisions with the pen. he did leave bailey in to long yesterday..but for the most part has done okay with the cueto/volquez pitch count wise.

if he could quit his man love with CP and not screw with the pen...thats all he can do. i think a majority of baseball is the players..but the manager does matter. if you dont think so look at the cards, everyone thought they were doing nothing this year...started out hot...everyone thought they'll fall off...still playing well. thats larussa.

He got it!
07-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Everybody in that lineup the past 3 days looked like Cory Patterson. I think Dusty saw what Taveras and Podsednik did in the leadoff spot in this series and got visions of CP running all over the bases. Only problem is Cory has to get on base first. Bruce wasn't exactly tearing it up - I don't blame Dusty for trying to mix it up after how pitiful this offense looked Friday and Saturday.