PDA

View Full Version : Owned - Part III - Get ready for action at the Trading Deadline

ChatterRed
07-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, 3 days of futility against a mediocre team.

I think this has pretty much spelled doom for those fans and players thinking they could make a run.

Get ready for some trades to go down.

Fon Duc Tow
07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Maybe we'll get a few prospects. I hear prospects sometimes do well a few years down the road. So we've got that going for us...

Next year will be the year.

redsfanmia
07-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I bet the Reds will do nothing significant, this team is just underachieving and has a run in it.

Kingspoint
07-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, 3 days of futility against a mediocre team.

I think this has pretty much spelled doom for those fans and players thinking they could make a run.

Get ready for some trades to go down.

It's been 3 days facing the hottest team in baseball. No big deal.

Every player on that team is hittin .390 with an OPS of 1.100 in July....not just one player, but every one of them. It's a Murderer's Row times three.

The only team that has slowed down both the Mets and the Brewers over the last 3 weeks has been the REDS. The REDS finally faced a hot team that they couldn't do anything about.

They'll pick it right back up when they leave town and don't have to face the Rockies again.

steig
07-27-2008, 03:28 PM
The only Colorodo player hitting over .390 in that time frame is Ian Stewart according to the stats on the Rockies website.

I agree with Chatter Red on the Reds performance against the Rockies, this was a team we should have won two games against. I don't see the Reds making any moves this year. It seems like the buyers are already getting the pieces they need and they aren't coming from the Reds.

NeilHamburger
07-27-2008, 04:01 PM
As of now, 8th inning in game 3 the reds are losing this series against the Rockies 23-3. It's closer then the score indicates though. And really 23-3 isn't that bad.

redram
07-27-2008, 04:15 PM
I bet the Reds will do nothing significant, this team is just underachieving and has a run in it.

This team is underachieving because many players are playing with no heart or desire to win. This team needs a vet, or any player for that matter that will light a fire under some of these lackluster players and if that cannot happen I hope they clean house, with the exception of the young pitchers along with Votto, Bruce and maybe Phillips. I love Harrison but are we really sure he is gonna keep this up. Keppinger has faultered since coming back. The defense they have played this year is unacceptable for a major leauge team, and most of these errors are just plain mental, or just not being in the game 100 % when on the field. This series was lost on plain crap defense. It turned each game into a blowout. (along with some wonderfull baserunning :rolleyes:)

The other factor is Dusty Baker. Homer has given up about 14 hits yet still we are still in the game, but anyone could see Bailey did not have it. Yet what does Baker do ? Leave him in until the game is 5-1 and it just gets worse from there.

Defense is the key, and it is not due to position players that are just not that good on D, you can see that in some of the outstanding plays they all make. It is the Mental side of it that bugs me the most. I know as a fan I probl care more about us winning than the players do and to me that is sad, but that is just a fact in todays professional sports. The almighty dollar has killed the desire to win and give it all you have everyday to do so. They don't have to today, and they still get millions to play. :confused::confused::confused:

NeilHamburger
07-27-2008, 04:19 PM
How about we petition the league to start over as an expansion team? I'd probably take it, as long as we get a completely new front office, scouting department, managerial and coaching staff, owner, stadium, minor league system, medical staff, vendors, merchandise people, marketing people, groundskeepers and a completely new team along with new uniforms and name. Oh, and no Grande either.

redram
07-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Sure could not be much worse than the last three days :)

How about we petition the league to start over as an expansion team? I'd probably take it, as long as we get a completely new front office, scouting department, managerial and coaching staff, owner, stadium, minor league system, medical staff, vendors, merchandise people, marketing people, groundskeepers and a completely new team along with new uniforms and name. Oh, and no Grande either.

stfm965
07-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't really expect a flurry of moves. Maybe some minor ones but not anything monstrous.

Fullboat
07-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Whats really scary is......If this team does make any moves,I don't want this coaching staff anywhere near them.

Redus
07-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Wow time to get off your hands Walt and pick up the phone. This team needs major changes.

redsfanmia
07-27-2008, 06:10 PM
This team is underachieving because many players are playing with no heart or desire to win. This team needs a vet, or any player for that matter that will light a fire under some of these lackluster players and if that cannot happen I hope they clean house, with the exception of the young pitchers along with Votto, Bruce and maybe Phillips. I love Harrison but are we really sure he is gonna keep this up. Keppinger has faultered since coming back. The defense they have played this year is unacceptable for a major leauge team, and most of these errors are just plain mental, or just not being in the game 100 % when on the field. This series was lost on plain crap defense. It turned each game into a blowout. (along with some wonderfull baserunning :rolleyes:)

This team will not play with heart or desire until Dunn and Griffey are gone.

texasdave
07-27-2008, 06:15 PM
CNNSI boxscore must be wrong. It shows Encarnacion with another error. 18 on the year now. That can't possibly be right. I keep reading post after post telling me how much better Edwin is with the glove.

He got it!
07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
The Rockies are one of the streakiest teams in recent memory. See last year. This young team plays on raw emotion and confidence. When things are going their way they can't be beat. Again, see last year and this past series. When things are not going their way they look awful. As Chris W. stated in the broadcast today - the Reds could just as easily go into Colorado in a few weeks and sweep them in 3 games. Reds just got snake - bit by the schedule playing the ROX when they are red hot. Lets just hope they cool off before we see them again and don't go on a crazy run like win 21 out of 22 games or something proposterious like that. Remember even though we got it handed to us in 3 straight games and looked lifeless in every game - it is still only 3 losses no matter how you look at it.

redsfanmia
07-27-2008, 08:09 PM
The Rockies are one of the streakiest teams in recent memory. See last year. This young team plays on raw emotion and confidence. When things are going their way they can't be beat. Again, see last year and this past series. When things are not going their way they look awful. As Chris W. stated in the broadcast today - the Reds could just as easily go into Colorado in a few weeks and sweep them in 3 games. Reds just got snake - bit by the schedule playing the ROX when they are red hot. Lets just hope they cool off before we see them again and don't go on a crazy run like win 21 out of 22 games or something proposterious like that. Remember even though we got it handed to us in 3 straight games and looked lifeless in every game - it is still only 3 losses no matter how you look at it.

They scored 3 runs, made many mental and physical errors, and just looked lifeless and like they didnt want to be there. These 3 games are more than just 3 loses IMO, it cemented the fact that they need to move in a totally new direction even though I know they wont.

pitcher7
07-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree..they just gave up. Totally gave up. Quite possibly the worst Reds game I have seen in a long time. Maybe a trade or two will bring in some new players with fresh attitudes. They just looked like they did not want to be out there.

Hairston would have said something about it if he was healthy

improbus
07-27-2008, 08:44 PM
CNNSI boxscore must be wrong. It shows Encarnacion with another error. 18 on the year now. That can't possibly be right. I keep reading post after post telling me how much better Edwin is with the glove.

His fielding percentage is the worst among ALL everyday major league fielders. The only players with worse percentages are pitchers and benchies with less opportunities. He is currently ranked 1220th in MLB in fielding percentage (the list includes every position a player played, so Hairston shows up 2-3 times, also Dh's show up for some reason...).

Kingspoint
07-27-2008, 11:07 PM
The only Colorodo player hitting over .390 in that time frame is Ian Stewart according to the stats on the Rockies website.

I agree with Chatter Red on the Reds performance against the Rockies, this was a team we should have won two games against. I don't see the Reds making any moves this year. It seems like the buyers are already getting the pieces they need and they aren't coming from the Reds.

Rather than dispute what I said with lies, just post the OPS' and AVG's of every Rockies hitter for July, instead.

You'll see that what I was saying was perfect in all respects....they are pounding the heck out of the baseball, where the average person is OPS' way over 1.000....somer are at .1400, some are at 1.200, some are above 1.000, etc., etc., etc.

Your wasted your time writing what you had to say. What was your point? Were you trying to say that they aren't the hottest hitting club in July?

BLEEDS
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM
I think they "gave up" when someone penciled in Corey F Patterson to hit lead-off.

He's REALLY FAST running from Home Plate to First to the Dugout...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

ChatterRed
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I think they "gave up" when someone penciled in Corey F Patterson to hit lead-off.

He's REALLY FAST running from Home Plate to First to the Dugout...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

:beerme:

Ohioballplayer
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Guys I was there yesterday, it was really really sad, not on player except BP looked ready to play, it was ugly.

Fon Duc Tow
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Makes you wonder how many Reds players walked into the dugout that day, saw Patterson penciled in at leadoff, and immediately went on auto-pilot.

pitcher7
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Hopefully they can pull themselves together for Houston. At least we know 1 more player will be excited to play (Jay Bruce's homecoming)