PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fans beatdown a Sox fan...

Matt700wlw
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Stay classy, Cubs fans...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/29/national/printable4302183.shtml

Man Loses Eye In Beatdown Over Baseball

HUNTLEY, Ill., July 29, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(AP) Three Chicago Cubs fans face felony charges after allegedly beating a Chicago White Sox fan so badly at a child's birthday party that he lost his eye, McHenry County authorities said Monday.

Robert Steele, 32, of Gurnee told The (Crystal Lake) Northwest Herald that he went to the Sesame Street-themed party for his fiancee's 2-year-old niece on July 19, where the three men allegedly started teasing Steele that White Sox fans had missing teeth.

"We were going to leave, but they convinced us that they were just joking around," said Steele's fiancee, April Bieze.

The taunting got worse and more personal as the men drank vodka and beer and it escalated into a physical fight that involved all four men, Bieze said.

Steele's nose and orbital bone were broken and he lost his right eye after getting kicked in the face with a steel-toed boot, authorities said. He has been released after spending several days at an Elgin hospital.

Boguslaw "Bob" Czapla, 37, of Elmwood Park was charged with mob action and aggravated battery. His brother, Jaroslaw "Jerry" Czapla, 31, of Huntley and Maciej "Mike" Trojnar, 33, of Elmwood Park were charged with mob action and battery, said Huntley Deputy Police Chief Todd Fulton.

Trojnar was at large with a warrant issued for his arrest, Fulton said. The Czapla brothers were free on bond.

Jaroslaw Czapla's number was unlisted. There were no listings for Boguslaw Czapla or Trojnar.

Steele said he will be fitted for a glass eye and need more surgeries.

"Any mirrors I go by, I don't look in the mirror," Steele said. "I don't want that to affect me, to see myself like that."

Johnny Footstool
07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Best part of the story right here...

Three Chicago Cubs fans face felony charges after allegedly beating a Chicago White Sox fan so badly at a child's birthday party that he lost his eye, McHenry County authorities said Monday.

Robert Steele, 32, of Gurnee told The (Crystal Lake) Northwest Herald that he went to the Sesame Street-themed party for his fiancee's 2-year-old niece on July 19, where the three men allegedly started teasing Steele that White Sox fans had missing teeth.

Highlifeman21
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Sunny days, pushin' the clouds away.....

Chip R
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Note that it took 3 Cubs fans to beat down 1 guy.

Highlifeman21
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Note that it took 3 Cubs fans to beat down 1 guy.

It's possible that it could have only taken 1, but they had 3.

It's that age old question of how many would it take, vs how many were they gonna use?

Had there been 4 Cubs fans, it would have been 4.

Team Clark
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Note to self: "Do not wear a White Sox jersey over my Big Bird costume".

corkedbat
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
All Cubs fans should be drowned at birth

Hap
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey Cubs fans....

The White Sox won a World Series not too long ago.......

Mark Grace and Greg Maddux won rings with other teams........

Ron Santo is a horrible broadcaster......

Harry Caray's best broadcasting years were broadcasting for the Cardinals.....

LincolnparkRed
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Huntley is way out in corn country, or at least it used to be. With all the people moving out there, I guess the crime is coming with it.

Highlifeman21
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Just imagine what would happen if Cubs fans ever found Bartman

SunDeck
07-30-2008, 05:46 PM
The taunting got worse and more personal as the men drank vodka and beer and it escalated into a physical fight that involved all four men...

My question is, where was Super Grover when all this was going down?

http://oneneatthingaday.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/supergrover1.jpg