PDA

View Full Version : Pudge to the Yanks?

markymark69
07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
The Sporting News and CBS Sportsline are both reporting that Pudge Rodriguez has been dealt to the Yankees. CBS Sportsline says Kyle Farnsworth heading to Detroit.

BLEEDS
07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
The Sporting News and CBS Sportsline are both reporting that Pudge Rodriguez has been dealt to the Yankees. CBS Sportsline says Kyle Farnsworth heading to Detroit.

The Rich get Richer.

If only it was that easy for us.

I just saw that the Rays are in pursuit of Bay, so there goes my theory all to heck.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

ED44
07-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Not sure what the Tigers were thinking...

Ohioballplayer
07-31-2008, 12:23 AM
They are thinking Pudge will not re-sign with them next year why not get rid of him, same thing the Braves were thinking about Tex, he was offered a substantial contract in spring training that would have made him one of the highest paid players in baseball, it was declined, thank you Mr. Wren!!!

Jack Burton
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Good trade for the Yankees here, while Pudge is on the decline I still think he brings a huge upgrade to that position. Plug him into that lineup and wow, they should make a huge push towards the playoffs again.

Manut Bol
08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Good trade for the Yankees here, while Pudge is on the decline I still think he brings a huge upgrade to that position. Plug him into that lineup and wow, they should make a huge push towards the playoffs again.

Not to mention they got rid of Farnsworth. He's garbage. Although I guess he's done a little better this year.

improbus
08-01-2008, 02:06 PM
uh..... this isn't the '96 version of Pudge. He is an upgrade from Jose Molina, but so are about 2/3's of the catchers in MLB.

BTW, the Yanks have 10 players over 34...wow...

PTI (pti)
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
The Yankees didn't get "Pudge Rodriguez," they got a late-30s, light-hitting catcher who makes > $12 million/year. Of course, that seems to be their mo, so he'll fit in just fine.