PDA

View Full Version : It better be Salty or Teagarden

Redus
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Theres no way we trade Homer for the very Ross like Laird is there? Salty or Teagarden and im all in.
per rotoworld today

According to the Dallas Morning News, the Reds have "expressed the most interest in" Gerald Laird.

The newspaper suggests that the Reds may have to part with Homer Bailey to get a deal done, which seems overly steep even given his decreased stock. Texas is also said to be shopping Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Taylor Teagarden, so clearly the Rangers are trying to cash in some of their impressive catching depth.

TheBigLebowski
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
I would be disgusted if we give up Homer for Gerald Laird. That's all I'll say.

ED44
07-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Wow...please NO.

ChatterRed
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Salty is only 23. I think Teagarden is 25. Laird is almost 30. Of the 3, I'd prefer Salty. I know he doesn't have the best arm, but I think all things being equal, he has the most upside.

levydl
07-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Salty is only 23. I think Teagarden is 25. Laird is almost 30. Of the 3, I'd prefer Salty. I know he doesn't have the best arm, but I think all things being equal, he has the most upside.

Plus the longest name in MLB history!

HeatherC1212
08-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Plus the longest name in MLB history!

Seriously! How do they make his last name fit on a jersey?! LOL :laugh:

I'd love to see the Reds get Teagarden or Salty because they both have great upside and getting one of them would give us a much needed (younger) catching option for the future. :)

pitcher7
08-01-2008, 12:23 AM
I'd rathr have Teagarden...guy has the tools to play catcher in the major, not sure Salty does. On the other hand, Laird still has a lot of tools despite his age but he has been injured his entire career. I trust Jocketty to make a good decision...which may be to be no deal. Apparently, the Reds are also interested in Nelson Cruz so if we had to settle for Laird to get Cruz as well for just Bailey, I'd take it!