PDA

View Full Version : WLW Classless aside from Marty...

uks2h
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
It's sad that Marty has to be around a lot of the people at WLW.

The sad commercial that WLW is running is a sign of today's society. I cannot believe they would stoop so low.

Very classless and disrespectful. I am ashamed to have to listen to this crap.

Root Down
07-31-2008, 06:34 PM
What commercial are you talking about in particular?

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 06:36 PM
It's sad that Marty has to be around a lot of the people at WLW.

The sad commercial that WLW is running is a sign of today's society. I cannot believe they would stoop so low.

The thing is, you dont have to listen to it. If you don't like it change stations.

Why is WLW expected to cowtow to a player that got traded and who had a, largly unsuccessful, career in Cincinnati. Every relationship is not going to be full of niceness and respect, even in this day of hatefullness and sodomy. :rolleyes:

dsmith421
07-31-2008, 06:36 PM
The sad commercial that WLW is running is a sign of today's society.

I have higher hopes for our society than a sewer like WLW.

I cannot believe they would stoop so low.

It's pretty much right in character for that group of clowns.

Fortunately, you don't have to listen to it.

AccordinglyReds
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
I didn't hear the commercial, but listening to the daytime radio jocks on WLW today was pretty bad.

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree with the sentiment that WLW has some bad radio guys. However I disagree with the idea that the media in general, or WLW in particular, needs to be respectful to whoever comes and goes out of the city.

uks2h
07-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Listen, I know I don't have to listen to it and I do have it off now. But I do respect WLW and Marty in particular so I tune in to the channel when big things happen.

I would be glad to go to another channel if you could tell me one that A. Marty is on and B. I can receive in Lexington, KY.

CentralKYRedfan
07-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Listen, I know I don't have to listen to it and I do have it off now. But I do respect WLW and Marty in particular so I tune in to the channel when big things happen.

I would be glad to go to another channel if you could tell me one that A. Marty is on and B. I can receive in Lexington, KY.

1530 Homer from Cincy.

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
1530 Homer from Cincy.

Yeah if you have a computer that would be a good station for you, although Jim Rome might be a little rough for you.

DoubleA_Ron
07-31-2008, 07:18 PM
For those of us currently out of town, can someone explain what is so classless about the commercial?

GoReds33
07-31-2008, 07:54 PM
For those of us currently out of town, can someone explain what is so classless about the commercial?They basically make fun of griffey for slacking off while running to first. They use other words, but I don't want to get in trouble.

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 07:57 PM
They basically make fun of griffey for slacking off while running to first. They use other words, but I don't want to get in trouble.

I'll get in trouble. (as I already have this week) They said "who will be the reds next half-asser" or something of the sort. Something only women would be offened by.

gilpdawg
07-31-2008, 08:18 PM
That's just classless. I wouldn't expect anything more from WLW/Clear Channel.

(sorry Matt, you're too good for those goobers)

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Please, explain to me, if thats classless what would be classy? Praising JR for his 9 losing seasons? His 245 batting average? His below 800 OPS? What would the classy move be?

BigRedSmokey
07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Please, explain to me, if thats classless what would be classy? Praising JR for his 9 losing seasons? His 245 batting average? His below 800 OPS? What would the classy move be?

Oh, I don't know, my mamma always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say nuthin'. And especially don't pander to the morons who have nothing better to do than hate on a baseball player. One of the greatest, at that.

It will be fun to see in a couple of years when Jr. comes back for his induction into the Reds Hall of Fame and everybody whine about why he doesn't properly kiss the ring of the Reds' great fans.

fadetoblack2880
07-31-2008, 08:41 PM

The team has had 9 losing seasons, faulting Griffey for that is stupid. I hate to see him go and I'm happy so see him get a chance to get a ring.

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh, I don't know, my mamma always told me if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say nuthin'. And especially don't pander to the morons who have nothing better to do than hate on a baseball player. One of the greatest, at that.

It will be fun to see in a couple of years when Jr. comes back for his induction into the Reds Hall of Fame and everybody whine about why he doesn't properly kiss the ring of the Reds' great fans.

The team has had 9 losing seasons, faulting Griffey for that is stupid. I hate to see him go and I'm happy so see him get a chance to get a ring.

He was one of the greatest in Seattle, not in Cincy. In Cincinnati he was nothing more than a barely above average player.

No I am not faulting Griffey; I am merely saying his contributions did not put the Reds any closer to a playoff berth.

fadetoblack2880
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
He was one of the greatest in Seattle, not in Cincy. In Cincinnati he was nothing more than a barely above average player.

No I am not faulting Griffey; I am merely saying his contributions did not put the Reds any closer to a playoff berth.

i agree with you there, but the front office surrounding him with nobodies like jimmy haynes, anderson machado, corey patterson, etc. didn't help either. financially speaking, there was no way this team would've won with lindner at the helm regardless of what griffey was doing.

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
i agree with you there, but the front office surrounding him with nobodies like jimmy haynes, anderson machado, corey patterson, etc. didn't help either. financially speaking, there was no way this team would've won with lindner at the helm regardless of what griffey was doing.

OK so what about that makes Griffey praise worthy? He didn't rise above it. If anything he accepted the losing culture and got comfortable in it. I'm just saying, Reds fans don't owe him anything, not even a thank you.

fadetoblack2880
07-31-2008, 09:04 PM
how can he rise above anything? had he risen above it, he would've been dealt to a contender several seasons ago. the front office surrounded a hall of famer with a nothing and then fans complain that its griffeys fault they cant win.

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 09:08 PM
So you’re saying he didn't get comfortable here in Cincy? I never heard him complain or speak about how we needed to put a winner on the field. The only time he showed any contempt was when it was directly relevant to him (I.E. the Brantley comments). Cincinnati doesn't owe him anything.

NeilHamburger
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I guess the question is who do you stand with? I stand with WILLIE!!! He fights the battles for us, he takes on the politicians and speaks truth in a world wrought with decadence and debautchery. If god came down from heaven and touched the head of one man, crowning him a beacon of hope shining through the sludge of the evil, it would be Willie. Long past when you and I are gone Willie will be around, transforming the minds of the world, shaping a stronger future, a future of truth. Willie is forever etched into the sands of eternity, his being, his very image is a reminder of all that is good, and all that can be good again if you believe in Willie. Repent. He has come in this, your lifetime. Follow him, and he will part the sea of evil leading you into the bliss of happiness. Follow Willie into more than victories on the field, follow Willie into moral victories. So, who do you stand with?

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I guess the question is who do you stand with? I stand with WILLIE!!! He fights the battles for us, he takes on the politicians and speaks truth in a world wrought with decadence and debautchery. If god came down from heaven and touched the head of one man, crowning him a beacon of hope shining through the sludge of the evil, it would be Willie. Long past when you and I are gone Willie will be around, transforming the minds of the world, shaping a stronger future, a future of truth. Willie is forever etched into the sands of eternity, his being, his very image is a reminder of all that is good, and all that can be good again if you believe in Willie. Repent. He has come in this, your lifetime. Follow him, and he will part the sea of evil leading you into the bliss of happiness. Follow Willie into more than victories on the field, follow Willie into moral victories. So, who do you stand with?

Jesus, that might be the stupidest thing I have ever read.

superred
07-31-2008, 09:27 PM

i feel stupid just for reading that

jimbo
07-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Praising JR for his 9 losing seasons?

Wow, I missed the memo.....when did baseball become an individual sport?

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, I missed the memo.....when did baseball become an individual sport?

When players earned 1/4 or more of their teams overall salary.

jimbo
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM

So. you're saying when a player earns 1/4 or more of their team's salary, then winning and losing lies 100% on their shoulders?

NeilHamburger
07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
It's obvious you are a non-believer. I'll pray for you brother. Rejoice people, your saviour has come. Willie is here!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Willie, how they mock you out of ignorance. They know not what they do.

Aces Wild
07-31-2008, 09:41 PM
OK so what about that makes Griffey praise worthy? He didn't rise above it. If anything he accepted the losing culture and got comfortable in it. I'm just saying, Reds fans don't owe him anything, not even a thank you.

There is difference between praising a guy on the way out and being a childish buffoon as the folks at WLW where.

It was utterly classless, and what unfortunately most have come to expect from those people.

Aces Wild
07-31-2008, 09:43 PM
It's obvious you are a non-believer. I'll pray for you brother. Rejoice people, your saviour has come. Willie is here!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Willie, how they mock you out of ignorance. They know not what they do.

Either your mocking BCs huge ego, or your in need of a shrink........I hope for your sake it's the former.

jimbo
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
It was utterly classless, and what unfortunately most have come to expect from those people.

And from a very significant portion of the Reds fanbase. WLW only continues to act in that manner because their type of fans eat it up.

Aces Wild
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah I know. It's pretty sad that a station like WLW continues to be the flagship station of the Reds despite this kind of junk. However, your right the legions of fans that have decided to be "willie" and the gangs minions would absolutely throw a fit.:confused:

Fon Duc Tow
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Kind of classless on WLWs part.

As usual.

Still glad Griffey is finally gone though, for the betterment of the team. But to put the blame on Griffey's shoulders for the past 9 years is silly. He certainly got used to coasting though. Not sure if I can blame him for that either but with the youth movement we have going on here, Bubblebutt the Uber-Slacker had to go. Bad influence.

Kick him on the way out though, WLW? Lame.

NeilHamburger
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM

Either your mocking BCs huge ego, or your in need of a shrink........I hope for your sake it's the former.

I thank god for two things: Juggtown and Willie Cunningham.

Every evening before I lay my head to rest I bow down before my shrine. A simple hairpiece, an old microphone, some chicken wing bones and an 8x10 glossy signed with grace. Sure, these may not sound like a church, but for the true believers they see the beauty, the innocence and the grace of these simple things. Gifts from god, gifts of my god.

Aces Wild
07-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Kind of classless on WLWs part.

As usual.

Still glad Griffey is finally gone though, for the betterment of the team. But to put the blame on Griffey's shoulders for the past 9 years is silly. He certainly got used to coasting though. Not sure if I can blame him for that either but with the youth movement we have going on here, Griffey had to go.

Kick him on the way out WLW? Lame.

Exactly. Love Jr. or hate him ( I personally always liked him), it's your right, but to pile on a player like that is just utterly classless and inexcusable for the flagship station of the reds.

superred
07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
I thank god for two things: Juggtown and Willie Cunningham.

Every evening before I lay my head to rest I bow down before my shrine. A simple hairpiece, an old microphone, some chicken wing bones and an 8x10 glossy signed with grace. Sure, these may not sound like a church, but for the true believers they see the beauty, the innocence and the grace of these simple things. Gifts from god, gifts of my god.

thats just weird

dthomas24
07-31-2008, 10:00 PM
WLW... as classless as a professional athlete using a throat-slash gesture;)

schmidty622
07-31-2008, 10:02 PM

Or blowing the first 4 years of his major leauge career doing hardcore drugs.

NeilHamburger
07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
thats just weird

Jugtown is not weird. It's my new hit single, here I am singing in front of a huge sold out audience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyeKt586DTw

Ghosts of 1990
07-31-2008, 10:47 PM

Jr. brought some of it on himself for sure

uks2h
07-31-2008, 10:49 PM
I was ready for Griffey to go and as a big Griffey fan, I am glad he's not on a loser anymore.

I am unfortunately not surprised at all the people who take WLW's side on this as the attitude of the people who listen to the media without using their own brain to think about stuff is usually along the same lines as the propaganda the media sends out.

I was blessed with common sense and a slight bit of class and I am sad that 700's management is so low to bash a guy on his way out the door. I didn't hear anything like this flurry of bashing when Milton left. I don't think Griffey deserves half the crap he gets from people in Cincy and I am glad he is outta there.

I am still a Reds fan but, boy, over the last few years I have gone from having a desire to someday living in Cincy to now only wanting to stay away from there specifically based on the way they have treated Griffey there. It's kind of funny where he ended up, because Chicago is actually where I had planned on moving next. I'm sure he won't still be there by the time I'm a resident, but it will be nice going to the postseason games this Fall in Chicago when I visit and see my hero on the field.

I will say I am very sorry if I offended anyone by anything I've posted, but I just don't care anymore. I have no respect for WLW and anyone who agrees with their propaganda.

TStuck
07-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Jr. brought some of it on himself for sure

True....but I also can't help but wonder how many of us would be able to just stand by year after year after year in the public eye and have the media (or anyone with a public podium) make broad negative judgements and assumptions of our effort, heart, motivations, etc. Not to mention blame every negative thing except global warming on him due to his injuries, declining skills, etc. 1/2 of the posts on this site today are evidence of that kind of idiotic thinking.

Yup, even as a Christian man I think I'd probably eventually lose my cool too. Doesn't make it right, but I can't exactly say he wasn't provoked.

levydl
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM

Since when did we have a $40 mil. salary? And why is it Jr's fault the Reds lied to him and failed to spend money? Griffey got a 9 year, $116 mil. contract. With $57 mil. of it deferred, it's only worth a little over $9 mil. a year. Junior took so much less money than he was worth to come here. When it was announced, Scott Boras said something to the effect of every player has the right to sell a rolls royce at volkswagon prices. You're outrage is entirely misplaced.

goreds2
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM
I recorded a lot of WLW today via XM radio (173). It should be an interesting listen.

George Foster
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM
So you’re saying he didn't get comfortable here in Cincy? I never heard him complain or speak about how we needed to put a winner on the field. The only time he showed any contempt was when it was directly relevant to him (I.E. the Brantley comments). Cincinnati doesn't owe him anything.

Amen...it's all about Griffey. My main problem with Griffey was he never got tired of losing. Sure it would be great to be on a winning team but I honesty feel he did not lose any sleep over it. People who are tired and frustrated will in time "pop." They will either speak out in frustration or lash out either in the dug-out or locker room. For 8 1/2 years Griffey did neither.

Being 20 pounds over-weight does not leave a very good impression about wanting to win.

Manut Bol
08-01-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't usually listen to 700 WLW but I was listening to 1530 today. They had Mo Egger on for six hours or something because of this trade. He said Ken Griffey Jr. is the greatest player to ever wear a Reds uniform.

Therefore, I turned it on to the Fox.

Redeye fly
08-01-2008, 06:53 AM
True....but I also can't help but wonder how many of us would be able to just stand by year after year after year in the public eye and have the media (or anyone with a public podium) make broad negative judgements and assumptions of our effort, heart, motivations, etc. Not to mention blame every negative thing except global warming on him due to his injuries, declining skills, etc. 1/2 of the posts on this site today are evidence of that kind of idiotic thinking.

Yup, even as a Christian man I think I'd probably eventually lose my cool too. Doesn't make it right, but I can't exactly say he wasn't provoked.

I'm a christian as well, and it's not from the bible, but what's that old saying about not judging a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes?

WLW, and Reds fans (some, unfortunately probably many) should have heeded that advice when it comes to Junior.

You think Junior loafed and didn't run stuff out? Try running down to first base with Junior's legs and let's see how you do. If he did ease up and not run stuff out, I'm sure he did so with his health in mind and didn't want to risk injury. And sorry to all the haters, but during his time as a Red a healthy Junior was still one of the biggest threats and top producers in the lineup.

If you want to consider all that and say "Well then he should have retired", fine. But let's play a little game. Let's take your favorite activity or hobby, something that you have an absolute passion for, perhaps and can't imagine giving it up or not doing it. Ok, now we're going to take it away from you. You can't do it anymore.... EVER.... AGAIN. But really, Junior should have just simply retired, right? As if it's that easy.

I wish Junior luck, and nothing but the best. Yes, I hope somehow the White Sox can win the World Series this year. I also hope White Sox fans are realistic about what Junior is today as a player, but also respectful and appreciative for what he's done in his career as a player. Because quite honestly, he's too good for a lot of Reds fans.

schmidty622
08-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm a christian as well, and it's not from the bible, but what's that old saying about not judging a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes?

WLW, and Reds fans (some, unfortunately probably many) should have heeded that advice when it comes to Junior.

You think Junior loafed and didn't run stuff out? Try running down to first base with Junior's legs and let's see how you do. If he did ease up and not run stuff out, I'm sure he did so with his health in mind and didn't want to risk injury. And sorry to all the haters, but during his time as a Red a healthy Junior was still one of the biggest threats and top producers in the lineup.

If you want to consider all that and say "Well then he should have retired", fine. But let's play a little game. Let's take your favorite activity or hobby, something that you have an absolute passion for, perhaps and can't imagine giving it up or not doing it. Ok, now we're going to take it away from you. You can't do it anymore.... EVER.... AGAIN. But really, Junior should have just simply retired, right? As if it's that easy.

I wish Junior luck, and nothing but the best. Yes, I hope somehow the White Sox can win the World Series this year. I also hope White Sox fans are realistic about what Junior is today as a player, but also respectful and appreciative for what he's done in his career as a player. Because quite honestly, he's too good for a lot of Reds fans.

So who cares then.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't usually listen to 700 WLW but I was listening to 1530 today. They had Mo Egger on for six hours or something because of this trade. He said Ken Griffey Jr. is the greatest player to ever wear a Reds uniform.

Therefore, I turned it on to the Fox.

Griffey is the BEST player to wear a reds uniform.. not that his time here was the greatest time he had.. but unless you are ranking by position there is not one argument about the top 5 to 7 players of all time, that includes any other red besides ken griffey junior.. no if's and's or but's about it.. he was..

but lets actually look into stats for people who tell us.. what he did here was just be an average player...

his line here was right around..

.270, .370, .520
In 945 games for the reds he had...
210 homers..
598 RBI's..
513 runs..

945 games is less than 6 seasons worth.. soo to be conservative(and to account that even if healthy he would only play 155 games or so..) we will divide his totals by 6...

that gives you 35 homers..
right at 100 RBI's...
and 86 runs..

take out this year, being by far his biggest declining year and those numbers all GO UP..

up until the middle of last year he became as bad if not worse than dunn in the field.. but the 7.5 years before that.... HE WAS FAR SUPERIOR TO DUNN..

that would mean.. at least to people who watch games.. he has meant more to this team for the last 9 years than dunn has(when HEALTHY).. and if you look at those stats and try to say differently, you don't know what you are talking about..

his career here.. while marred with injury, still is a mediocre HOF career... He played Gold Glove Caliber D til the last 2 or 3 years and still was a force at the plate..

sorry for you griffey bashers but you have got to realize he was more important to this teams success than adam dunn.. Because when griffey got hurt and wasn't there.. we not only lost a power bat.. we also lost a great defensive player...

BTW if WLW thinks Griffey didn't hustle at all, I sure hope they realize everything Griff did lazily, Dunn does as well...

Ahhhorsepoo
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I will miss watching a HOF player play everyday.. truly the greatest of my era.. except maybe his old teammate in seattle that plays 3b now.. that guys pretty good too..

dsmith421
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
And from a very significant portion of the Reds fanbase. WLW only continues to act in that manner because their type of fans eat it up.

Absolutely spot on.

levydl
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Griffey is the BEST player to wear a reds uniform.. not that his time here was the greatest time he had.. but unless you are ranking by position there is not one argument about the top 5 to 7 players of all time, that includes any other red besides ken griffey junior.. no if's and's or but's about it.. he was..

but lets actually look into stats for people who tell us.. what he did here was just be an average player...

his line here was right around..

.270, .370, .520
In 945 games for the reds he had...
210 homers..
598 RBI's..
513 runs..

945 games is less than 6 seasons worth.. soo to be conservative(and to account that even if healthy he would only play 155 games or so..) we will divide his totals by 6...

that gives you 35 homers..
right at 100 RBI's...
and 86 runs..

take out this year, being by far his biggest declining year and those numbers all GO UP..

up until the middle of last year he became as bad if not worse than dunn in the field.. but the 7.5 years before that.... HE WAS FAR SUPERIOR TO DUNN..

that would mean.. at least to people who watch games.. he has meant more to this team for the last 9 years than dunn has(when HEALTHY).. and if you look at those stats and try to say differently, you don't know what you are talking about..

his career here.. while marred with injury, still is a mediocre HOF career... He played Gold Glove Caliber D til the last 2 or 3 years and still was a force at the plate..

sorry for you griffey bashers but you have got to realize he was more important to this teams success than adam dunn.. Because when griffey got hurt and wasn't there.. we not only lost a power bat.. we also lost a great defensive player...

BTW if WLW thinks Griffey didn't hustle at all, I sure hope they realize everything Griff did lazily, Dunn does as well...

I agree that Griff is the best player to put on a Reds uniform (though I'm too young to have seen Frank Robinson). And I love Griffey. But you're argument is beside the point.

Perhaps Griffey meant more to the Reds WHEN HEALTHY over the last 9 years. But he only played in 2/3 of the Reds games during his tenure here. Dunn played in 50 more games than Griffey, despite playing 1.5 FEWER seasons with the Reds than Griffey. In that time, he has 60 more HRs than Griffey, 44 more RBI, and 145 more runs.

Griff's 2000 and 2005 were great. He was robbed by injuries for basically the rest of the time. I'm fortunate to get to see him and to see that swing with my own eyes. But to simply discount his injuries and say he produced more when healthy totally misses the point. So 2/3 of the time he was perhaps slightly better than Dunn, and the other 25 percent (Dunn played has played about 90% of the games in his career) of the time he wasn't playing at all and Dunn continued to produce. Maybe you are technically correct, but it's a dumb argument.

dsmith421
08-01-2008, 10:53 AM
My main problem with Griffey was he never got tired of losing.

If he complained and demanded a trade, you'd bash him too.

And you have no freaking clue about Griffey's desire to win.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I agree that Griff is the best player to put on a Reds uniform (though I'm too young to have seen Frank Robinson). And I love Griffey. But you're argument is beside the point.

Perhaps Griffey meant more to the Reds WHEN HEALTHY over the last 9 years. But he only played in 2/3 of the Reds games during his tenure here. Dunn played in 50 more games than Griffey, despite playing 1.5 FEWER seasons with the Reds than Griffey. In that time, he has 60 more HRs than Griffey, 44 more RBI, and 145 more runs.

Griff's 2000 and 2005 were great. He was robbed by injuries for basically the rest of the time. I'm fortunate to get to see him and to see that swing with my own eyes. But to simply discount his injuries and say he produced more when healthy totally misses the point. So 2/3 of the time he was perhaps slightly better than Dunn, and the other 25 percent (Dunn played has played about 90% of the games in his career) of the time he wasn't playing at all and Dunn continued to produce. Maybe you are technically correct, but it's a dumb argument.

I was saying that everyone says he has been an average player at best.. i was just saying when healthy he was still the best player they had.. and for 2/3 of his time here.. i will not say that being injured didn't hamper his overall production.. but to say even when he was healthy he was average.. that means you are saying everyone.. including Adam Dunn and Brandon Phillips, are all below average.. is just stupid..

scounts22
08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I'll get in trouble. (as I already have this week) They said "who will be the reds next half-asser" or something of the sort. Something only women would be offened by.

This is what offends me the most.

bounty37h
08-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with the sentiment that WLW has some bad radio guys. However I disagree with the idea that the media in general, or WLW in particular, needs to be respectful to whoever comes and goes out of the city.

For once, I agree with you Shmidty, but I think the moral or point to the story is "why do they have to say anything negative or disrespectful"? If they had sucha problem with him, just be glad he's gone and STFU and move along is the only response needed.

bounty37h
08-01-2008, 12:10 PM

Why is it (not pickin on you shmidty in this one, just a general question) that with Griff "he" never won in his nine years", but with Dunn, its because "they havent given him a team to win with", so its not on him?

bounty37h
08-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Shmity, now I fully agree with you on something, 100 % :)

44Magnum
08-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Welcome aboard!
Dunn and Jr. have done more harm to the Reds than any players in history!

44Magnum
08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty622 http://www.redszone.com/forums/skins/RedsZone/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1707367#post1707367)

This is what offends me the most.

If that honestly offends you... then take the skirt off!

JR+Rose=G.O.A.T
08-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Griffey is tied for 1ST for the greatest to were a reds uniform [ROSE ] depends on what you like in a ballplayer!

Willie is a fool !

Dont blame the players for anything blame the managment they put teams together

Griffey got hurt playing hard! " most" people that say they are reds fans are not! they read the papers and listen to radio just bash the reds/bengals win or lose .Cincinnati fans just like to complain !

ChaseReds
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I can’t some of these pathetic posts blaming everything (including Global Warming) on JR. You have got to be kidding me. JR. didn’t “half-ass” anything; he was (essentially) rebuilt from the waste down and gave all of 80% he had to give. I could care less if he would sprint out a pop fly to 1B- he was playing hurt and not going to risk anymore injuries. Yes you can debate weather or not he ever hustled to 1B in Seattle as well. You know what JR didn’t do? He didn’t give up after being rebuilt; he worked hard at getting back in shape. FYI- the majority of his injuries started in Seattle and manifested in Cincinnati.

Now I will not debate that the JR era in Cincinnati was disappointing, neither will I “wish he never came to the Reds.” I am overjoyed that I got to see him in a Reds Uniform and reach HOF landmarks. He respects and loves the game. I hope him all the best.

Fon Duc Tow
08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Griffey is tied for 1ST for the greatest to were a reds uniform

:eek:

:confused:

Big Klu?
Bench?
Perez?
etc?

...put down the crack pipe.

Chip R
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM