PDA

View Full Version : Does Griffey start tonight?

gobucks106
07-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Does he bat third and play center tonight for the White Sox? They play the Twins at 8:00.

Chi-Town Red
07-31-2008, 07:21 PM
no.. read my last post in the Griffey thread

Ghosts of 1990
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Ozzie Guillen has a backbone. He won't hit junior 3rd. He knows better.

asboog
08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
There is no way Griffey hits before Quentin, Dye, and probably Thome. I do see him in CF though. Which is a scary proposition.

Root Down
08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
I assume he will start, I don't know where he will bat though. Why is there no thread about the two new guys we just got? Will Masset eventually be on the rotation? Will Phillips move to SS while Richar goes to 2B? I'm shocked we haven't looked at these possibilities!

asboog
08-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Will Masset eventually be on the rotation? Will Phillips move to SS while Richar goes to 2B? I'm shocked we haven't looked at these possibilities!

Masset has been good when he is given a spot start. He was head to head with Zambrano a couple of time in the Crosstown Series and shut the Cubs down. He will definitely be in the rotation. He won't be an ace but will be a good 3-5 starter.

Richar has a lot of potential. Good line drive swing.

Btrester151
08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I have thought about Phillips to SS and either Kepp or Richar to 2B for the rest of the year. Why not? You have nothing to lose at this point in the season.

I really would have taken a chance on Nelson Cruz from the Texas Organization. Batting .345 with 37 homers in AAA is pretty impressive even for a 28 year old. I know he hasnt shown the ability to do that at the major league level, but he also hasnt been given the chance. I would have swaped

Bailey
Weathers/or Affelt
and a b/c level prospect (valaika?)

for
Jarrod Salty(not even gonna try to spell it)
Nelson Cruz

Traded David Ross to the marlins for a double A releiver

New Line up

Kepp-2B
Votto- 1B
Phil-SS
Dunn-LF
Salty- C
Bruce- CF
Encarnacion- 3B
Cruz -RF

guess thats why Im not a manager

ChatterRed
08-01-2008, 11:45 AM
There is no way Griffey hits before Quentin, Dye, and probably Thome. I do see him in CF though. Which is a scary proposition.

What I find really stupid with the White Sox is the fact that their first baseman, Konerko is only hitting .214 with 9 homers, and clearly has become a shell of his former self, even worse than Griffey. Jim Thome can play 1B. Why not stick Thome on 1B, leave the outfield the way it is, and let Junior DH???

It's so obvious, that's why they won't do it.

What is the scarier proposition - Thome at 1B or Junior in CF?:eek:

asboog
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
What I find really stupid with the White Sox is the fact that their first baseman, Konerko is only hitting .214 with 9 homers, and clearly has become a shell of his former self, even worse than Griffey. Jim Thome can play 1B. Why not stick Thome on 1B, leave the outfield the way it is, and let Junior DH???

It's so obvious, that's why they won't do it.

What is the scarier proposition - Thome at 1B or Junior in CF?:eek:

Both are equally scary. Thome has a history of back problems so it is by no means obvious. He is just as injury prone as Junior. It is going to be a balancing game the rest of the season with Swisher floating between positions to get the each rest. Yes Konerko is going to be the odd man out given his poor performance this year.