PDA

View Full Version : Hairston has been activated.

Kingspoint
08-01-2008, 05:16 PM

Kingspoint
08-01-2008, 05:17 PM
From John Fay:

Lineup for Reds at Nationals, 7:35 p.m.

Jerry Hairston Jr. cf

Jeff Keppinger ss

Jay Bruce rf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Adam Dunn lf

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Andy Phillips 1b

David Ross c

Homer Bailey p

Kingspoint
08-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Except for Andy Phillips, that's a lineup I could live with every day.

My lineup:

Hairston
Bruce
Votto
Phillips
Dunn
EE
Kepp
Ross

Kepp's at the bottom of the order because you don't need a guy who walks batting in front of a pitcher. Kepp doesn't walk. Votto at the bottom of the order would be a waste of his ability to draw a walk.

TheBigLebowski
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I really don't understand what value Andy Phillips brings to this team. Other than that one bases-loaded double against the Marlins back in May, he's done nothing.

(Cue AP to hit 3 home runs and play sparkling defense tonight now that I've posted this)

08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
MLB has Hairston activated on their transacition page, but doesn't have anyone coming off the 25 man roster. Fay hasn't heard who it is either.

Could be nothing, but it is curious why nothing has been announced, especially when there is an obvious choice in Todd Coffey. Maybe a trade is in the works?

Fullboat
08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Except for Andy Phillips, that's a lineup I could live with every day.

My lineup:

Hairston
Bruce
Votto
Phillips
Dunn
EE
Kepp
Ross

Kepp's at the bottom of the order because you don't need a guy who walks batting in front of a pitcher. Kepp doesn't walk. Votto at the bottom of the order would be a waste of his ability to draw a walk.

Actually you need a guy who gets on base(doesn't matter how)that way your pitcher is used that inning instead of leading off the next and he can do what pitchers to best with a
bat...move the runner over