PDA

View Full Version : Denver papers on a Fogg trade

Royals Fan
08-02-2008, 11:36 AM
I saw this on rotowire this am, not sure if this has been posted or not.

Faced it. When Cincinnati wants Ryan Spilborghs for Josh Fogg, the no thanks comes easy. Fogg may be a popular figure in the Rockies clubhouse, but good guys only go so far. Spilborghs is popular, too, and he's a consistent contributor, when he is healthy.

Walt asked for alot when comes to Josh Fogg- dont you agree.

ChatterRed
08-02-2008, 11:38 AM
It's better than not asking for much. Why get prospects that will never amount to anything? Why waste the time?

captainmorgan07
08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
It's good that Walt is asking for someone with some value in return for Fogg. If I am Wayne I sure as heck aren't' just gonna give them Fogg. If they want him bad enough they'll cave and will get a good player in Spilborghs.

FlightRick
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Methinks the Rockies doth protesteth too much anyways...

Getting all worked up because we asked for a 29-year old career .302 hitter who has never had more than 260 ABs in his three seasons as a 4th outfielder, appears to be a below-average defender, and whose sole plus-skill seems to be taking a walk and getting on base (although not possessing the speed to be anything other than a Baseclogger)?

It's not exactly the same, but it's in the ballpark of the Reds talking about bringing Kyle Loshe back, and getting really offended if we were asked to send back Keppinger, straight up. Classic case of the Rockies over-valuing a key bench/role player, possibly because they have misguided visions of him somehow magically becoming an everyday player once they run some overpaid guy out of town (aren't they still talking about trading Holliday this offseason? I mean, Spillborghs in for Holiday is still only HALF as retarded as the "Hopper can replace Dunn" talk around here)...

Then again: I guess I can see the Rockies side, too; this *is* Josh Fogg we're talking about...

Rick

Newman4
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Anything at all in a trade > keeping Josh Fogg on the Reds roster

walk-off
08-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Sell now!!!