PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Fans Beat Down Brewer Fan

Casey_21
08-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Hey guys.. Didnt see this posted anywhere. Classy eh?

"2 Cubs fans charged in beatdown of Brewers fan

Victim in Miller Park confrontation had to have jaw wired shut, police say

Two Downers Grove men accused of beating up a Milwaukee Brewers fan outside Miller Park in Milwaukee this week were charged Friday with felony battery, authorities said.

Adam Miechle, 25, and Jerry Emert, 26, both of the 1800 block of Newport Road in Downers Grove, were charged with substantial battery with intent to cause bodily harm, a felony punishable by up to 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, according to the complaint filed by the Milwaukee County district attorney's office.

The victim, Brandon Feezor, 24, was walking through the parking lot of Miller Park on Tuesday night after the Cubs victory over the Brewers when he said he traded insults with a group of Cubs fans on a charter bus, according to the complaint. Some of the fans on the bus threw items at Feezor, who responded by throwing an empty can of energy drink at the bus.

"Feezor stated that two of the Cubs fans immediately started hitting him, and caused him to fall to the ground, where they kept beating him," the complaint states.

The victim told authorities he was "somewhat stunned" after the beating. His jaw had been broken and it was surgically repaired and wired shut at West Allis Memorial Hospital, authorities said.

Police reviewed surveillance video of the incident and arrested the defendants Tuesday night.

The third man, a 34-year-old Joliet resident, was not charged with a felony because he did not reach the victim until after the initial beating had taken place. Milwaukee police cited him for disorderly conduct and misdemeanor assault after he allegedly punched his sister in the mouth as she tried to intervene in the fight, police said.

A bail of $500 each was set Friday afternoon for Miechle and Emert. Both defendants are scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing August 11 in Milwaukee County Court."

Jack Burton
08-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Not surprising, and that is sad commentary.

Chi-Town Red
08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Cubs fans....3 on 1...we have been talking alot about it at work

ChatterRed
08-03-2008, 08:55 AM
karma is a..... No wonder the Cubs haven't won anything.

Chi-Town Red
08-03-2008, 08:55 AM
OOPS this is a different incident...there was one last week where 3 Cubs fans beat up a White Sox fan...kicked in the face...lost sight of an eye...brutal...again typical of Cubs fans...haven't won in 100 yrs....but talk like they are the 27 Yankees!...or the 76 Reds for that matter!

Orodle
08-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Typical Cubs fans? I've seen Reds fan beat down a Mets fan after the '99 one game playoff......

schmidty622
08-03-2008, 11:19 AM
karma is a bi$%^. No wonder the Cubs haven't won anything.

Where’s the infraction and post edit on this bit of veiled profanity? I for one am quite offended.

DTCromer
08-03-2008, 11:53 AM
You stay classy Cubs fans.

Chi-Town Red
08-03-2008, 12:09 PM
You stay classy Cubs fans.Try having them as co-workers...unreal!:thumbdown

schmidty622
08-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Where’s the infraction and post edit on this bit of veiled profanity? I for one am quite offended.

Way to be consistant moderators.

Fon Duc Tow
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
You stay classy Cubs fans.

You stay holier than thou... :rolleyes:

Jr's Boy
08-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Typical Cubs fans? I've seen Reds fan beat down a Mets fan after the '99 one game playoff......

Sounds like from your description it was a one on one fight.Not some coward three on one attack.

OesterPoster
08-04-2008, 09:07 AM

You're offended by the use of a word to describe a female dog who has produced puppies?

Wow, this world really is going to...um....heck.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
people are offended by EVERYTHING now..

at least their fans are passionate enough to care..

at GABP it goes something like this..

"The REDS Suck........(a lot more obscenity that can't be said here)!"-Cubs Fan
"Yeah we know..." Reds fan..

I wonder how Griffey liked that his second game featured a fight? we haven't had a pitcher throw at, or a batter get thrown at in years.. notice the teams that do.. typically have plenty of energy and drive to win.. just plays to the apathy of this team even more..

dlittle58
08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
people are offended by EVERYTHING now..

at least their fans are passionate enough to care..

at GABP it goes something like this..

"The REDS Suck........(a lot more obscenity that can't be said here)!"-Cubs Fan
"Yeah we know..." Reds fan..

I wonder how Griffey liked that his second game featured a fight? we haven't had a pitcher throw at, or a batter get thrown at in years.. notice the teams that do.. typically have plenty of energy and drive to win.. just plays to the apathy of this team even more..

No its not that. We just keep our thugs on the Dragons

Ahhhorsepoo
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
they didn't start that brawl.. I mean how can a "pitcher" miss the dugout from 30 feet away?

BTW a lot of the reds over the years have played in dayton at one time..

dlittle58
08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Hahaha come on man, lighten up a bit. I'm kidding around.

Yeah, well regardless of who started it, every single player left the dugout. Both sides are to blame.

And why does it matter if they played in Dayton or not?

Ahhhorsepoo
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I was just saying.. i wish the reds had enough fire to throw at a player or get upset and maybe charge the mound more than once every 10 years..

they are soo apathetic, I am starting to wonder if they know that they get paid to play a game.......

Fon Duc Tow
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
they are soo apathetic, I am starting to wonder if they know that they get paid to play a game.......

You can bet on that. I suspect their apathy does not extend to the paychecks, just the job.