PDA

View Full Version : Harang throws 69 pitches for Louisville tonight.

Kingspoint
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
In an 11-0 win,

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2008_08_04_tolaaa_louaaa_1&t=g_box&did=milb

Harang went 6 innings, 0 runs, 0 walks, 6 K's.

There is no timetable for when he returns, nor does there need to be.

He had a nice outing. It's all about getting his arm the rest it needs for the 2009 season. Tim Hudson has already been shut down for the 2008 season. Atlanta sees no need to use him any more this year, and he didn't have the tired arm that Harang had.

I think he'll probably have two or three more starts in Louisville before they bring him up, and even after that they'll probably keep him under 100 pitches per game the rest of the year.

RedsManRick
08-04-2008, 11:56 PM
In an 11-0 win,

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2008_08_04_tolaaa_louaaa_1&t=g_box&did=milb

Harang went 6 innings, 0 runs, 0 walks, 6 K's.

There is no timetable for when he returns, nor does there need to be.

He had a nice outing. It's all about getting his arm the rest it needs for the 2009 season. Tim Hudson has already been shut down for the 2008 season. Atlanta sees no need to use him any more this year, and he didn't have the tired arm that Harang had.

I think he'll probably have two or three more starts in Louisville before they bring him up, and even after that they'll probably keep him under 100 pitches per game the rest of the year.

To be fair, Hudson has a partially torn tendon in his elbow to the degree that it's probably he'll need Tommy John. Harang isn't quite that bad. That said, I agree that Harang should be given as much time as he needs.

ChatterRed
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Whatever happened to the six man rotation idea?

Kingspoint
08-08-2008, 03:09 AM
I hadn't realized that Harang's return pushed Jukich back to Chattanooga. Jukich's last effort (his 3rd start for Louisville) was very good. It showed he learned something as tonight for Chattanooga he threw 7 shutout innings with no walks and 7 K's. Jukich's last 9 starts at Louisville had all yielded at least a run and his last 3 starts there yielded 5, 6, and 4, respectively with a total of 10 Walks to 12 K's. Jukich just took a step forward.