PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures

improbus
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
What are your guilty pleasures? You know, those things you have no business enjoying yet you still do. Put it this way, if you need an excuse to enjoy it, it is a guilty pleasure:

Here are some of mine:
1) Spongebob - My daughter is 10 months old, and I she and I watch WAY too much Spongebob. Funny show.
2) French Fries - I know that they are bad for me, but I love them so
3) Video Games - I'm too old, I should be doing more productive things, but they suck me in.
4) posting on Redszone - I spend WAY too much time worrying about Jay Bruce's OPS.
5) Shoes - I have an extensive collection of Puma's. It's embarassing.
6) Latte's - I know they are a yuppie drink, have more calories than most meals, and have enough caffeine to wake up a Rhino, but they taste sooo good.

durl
08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Chocolate Milk. I'm feel like I'm too old to enjoy it but I still do. I'll drink it as a "snack."

SunDeck
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
If enjoying Spongebob and other media for kids is a guilty pleasure, then count me in too. I especially enjoy reading picture books with my kids. Jon Scieszka? That guy's writing for me, too!

OldRightHander
08-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Movie theater popcorn with butter. I know it's not good, but...

Roy Tucker
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Mike-Sells Potato Chips.

They are like crack to me.

Strikes Out Looking
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Graeter's ice cream. Being outside Cincy, I only get it rarely (twice in the last year), and I make myself sick eating it.

Screwball
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Wearing socks with sandals.

westofyou
08-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Tommy James

http://www.entpresents.com/images/artist/bio/314.jpg

IowaRed
08-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Junie B Jones books, I enjoy them as much as my 7-year-old daughter

CrackerJack
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Paul Newman's cookies.

My closet habit of buying vintage shirts/clothing and classic vinyl records

My secret, unhealthy obsession with all things Victorian and ghosts (and yes I live in a remodeled, haunted Victorian era home as well, and love ornate, spooky victorian cemetaries).

1970's Cheap Trick

westofyou
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
1970's Cheap Trick

New stuff is good too.... but the first 4 albums rule.

Tom Servo
08-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Pro Wrestling, definatly. I was a huge fan who fell out of it, but now I'm getting sucked back in.

SunDeck
08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Mike-Sells Potato Chips.

They are like crack to me.

Gripppo's Loops. More sodium in a single bite then I should have in a whole day, but I could eat a whole bag in one sitting.

HotCorner
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Disney Pixar and DreamWorks animated movies. Not just for the kids.

The Biggest Loser. My wife loves the show so I watch it with her. The transformations these people go through is amazing.

Sweet tea. I love it!

Video games. Especially PC sports sims. I love to be a pretend GM. ;)

Roy Tucker
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Gripppo's Loops. More sodium in a single bite then I should have in a whole day, but I could eat a whole bag in one sitting.

I actually manage to stay away from the Mike-Sells, but I do sneak a bag of Snyder of Hanover sourdough hard pretzels into the shopping cart when my wife isn't looking.

The Baumer
08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
My OJ Simpson Back Massager

MrCinatit
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Almost any Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Especially Steven Colbert's Americone Dream and Chunky Monkey. Wow.
Will Ferrell. I know he's low-brow - but he cracks me up.
Old baseball cards. I know, George Carlin said when you get older and still collect cards, you are just collecting pictures of grown men. But, it's my little way of collecting history.
Chocolate - for me, the higher the percentage (and bitterer), the better. I found some 85 percent stuff and was in heaven.
PC games. SimCity 4, MVP 2005, the Half-Life series, Bioshock, Crysis, the Thief series - I have spent hours playing some of those.

oneupper
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Latin Food.
Peruvian, Venezuelan, Cubanm etc. Black Beans and Rice, baby.

Coke (as in Coca-Cola).
Shouldn't but...

Daily Show and Colber(t) Repor(t)
My kids (18 and 14) have turned watching this into a family ritual.
ditto with Jeopardy!

Redszone.com
A source of infinite knowledge with a sense of community.

OldRightHander
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Coke is one of mine as well, especially when it's ice cold. I've been cutting back some, but there are just times when there's nothing better.

guttle11
08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Jolly Ranchers and Sweedish Fish.

Falls City Beer
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
808 drum beat Southern rap, like 69 Boyz and 95 South. The ghetto-er the better-er.

"Cotton candy, sweet and low
let me see that Tootsee Roll!"

Blimpie
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Tecmo Super Bowl

PedroBourbon
08-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Tecmo Super Bowl

Gotta agree with the blimpster, spent many a night with the Tecmo Bowl (with blimpie) in college. I will never forget back up TE Harper Le Bel catching a 70+ yard TD with time expiring to end in my defeat circa summer 1993. It pains me (mildly) to this day. I will even throw in the Atari 2600. Bought the atari "flashback" for $25 on atari.com. Play it a couple times a month.

letsgojunior
08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Eating chocolate frosting straight out of the container.

KittyDuran
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Chocolate - for me, the higher the percentage (and bitterer), the better. I found some 85 percent stuff and was in heaven.
Me, too! I'm pretty sure you've been to the Dorothy Lane Market in Kettering but they have an incredible selection right near the checkouts. Whenever I'm in the area I try to swing by to stock up.

Also Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies. I always buy at least 7 boxes total of cookies with 4 being the Thin Mints. Actually, next year I'll just buy all Thin Mints. Perfect frozen!

redsmetz
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Dairy Queen Pecan Mudslide.

BUTLER REDSFAN
08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok, here we go and if I am asked about this in court I will deny it. About once every 2 months or so I will make a run to the comic book store at Trader's World in Monroe/trying to get all the Batman team-up Brave and the Bolds or good 1970's cheapie comics that I can....I also love Andes mints and clementines but cant eat em too much anymore due to the diabetes. One thing I miss terribly is when they stopped making Pepsi in the bottle. The executive that thought that one up should be shot.

SunDeck
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Remember the Pepsi 32 oz. bottles? They weighed about nine pounds.
Nowadays, I like to get me Coke in an 8 oz. bottle every once in a while.

KittyDuran
08-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Getting off work to go to the Business Day Specials (like tomorrow). I feel I'm playing hookey. (I know that the team is playing awful, but it's still baseball)

KittyDuran
08-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Nowadays, I like to get me Coke in an 8 oz. bottle every once in a while.Had an IBC root beer at Chili's last week... you tend to forget how good pop taste in a bottle.

OldRightHander
08-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Getting off work to go to the Business Day Specials (like tomorrow). I feel I'm playing hookey. (I know that the team is playing awful, but it's still baseball)

A bad day at the ballpark is still better than a good day at work.

IslandRed
08-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Coke is one of mine as well, especially when it's ice cold. I've been cutting back some, but there are just times when there's nothing better.

It's Diet Coke for me... I drink it in frightening quantities. A couple of times a year I stop for awhile (and I'm about due) but it always creeps back up.

redsfan1966
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Kitty....I take off work for all of the business specials as well (tommorrow being the only exception, Boss' are on vacation)...never really thought of it as a guilty pleasure, but a use of my deserved time off....now for a guilty pleasure...."My Fair Brady" on VH1.

westofyou
08-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Nowadays, I like to get me Coke in an 8 oz. bottle every once in a while.

Sliced my finger on one... had to get 4 stitches... in the 80's that was.

RichRed
08-06-2008, 08:03 AM
This goes no farther than this room, understood?

Kathy Griffin's "Life on the D-List"

Also, Nerds (the candy).

improbus
08-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Is this thread turning into a therapy session? If so, I should have charged like $50 per post...

durl
08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
OK...I'll admit it. The Lawrence Welk Show.

Simpler times...freaky clothes. Watching it actually became a ritual for me and my oldest daughter for a few years. Just for kicks I turned it on one Saturday night (she was around 2) and she was mesmerized. I figured it was the bright colored clothes from the 70's era shows and the abbreviated songs. While we don't watch it as regularly as we once did, I still kinda enjoy watching it if we're home at that hour.

redhawkfish
08-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Antiques Roadshow!

Johnny Footstool
08-06-2008, 09:38 AM
X-men and Star Wars toys. "They're for our son," I keep telling my wife. (BTW - There is a new version Millennium Falcon that is teh awesome.)

Potato Skins with extra sour cream.

Fallout Boy's "Sugar We're Goin' Down" is just too catchy.

gonelong
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
HGTV - Anything to do with Patios, grilling/firepit areas, backyard waterfalls, or arbors/pergola.

I record a pile of them and them watch them while I am doing other things.

GL

HotCorner
08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
X-men and Star Wars toys. "They're for our son," I keep telling my wife. (BTW - There is a new version Millennium Falcon that is teh awesome.)

Yeah and it's $149! :eek: But it looks sweet!

SunDeck
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM

Just for kicks I turned it on one Saturday night (she was around 2) and she was mesmerized. I figured it was the bright colored clothes from the 70's era shows and the abbreviated songs.

It was not the clothes, durl. It was the telepathic signals those singers were sending out. I think it was a government sponsored program to put old people into a trance. Your kid will never be the same, I am afraid.

durl
08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
It was not the clothes, durl. It was the telepathic signals those singers were sending out. I think it was a government sponsored program to put old people into a trance. Your kid will never be the same, I am afraid.

I wondered why she loved Tom Netherton so much.

RichRed
08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
HGTV - Anything to do with Patios, grilling/firepit areas, backyard waterfalls, or arbors/pergola.

I record a pile of them and them watch them while I am doing other things.

GL

House Hunters International. I never knew I wanted to own a bungalow in Panama until I started watching that show.

Blimpie
08-06-2008, 01:07 PM
House Hunters International. I never knew I wanted to own a bungalow in Panama until I started watching that show.I'll see your House Hunters...and raise you Ghost Hunters.

Matt700wlw
08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I found myself getting into Dawson's Creek reruns at one point...

Hey, Katie Holmes was cute before she got Tom Cruised!! Now she's just odd...

RedsFan75
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Dr. Who

It's turned into a family ritual, I've managed to hook both the wife and daughter on it.

acredsfan
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I'll see your House Hunters...and raise you Ghost Hunters.
Ghost Hunters here too. Just not Ghost Hunters international, I don't know why, but I just can't get into that one. Well, Andy Andrews has a way of ruining the show I guess..

While I'm at it, I might as well admit to watching Top Chef with my GF.

Has anybody watched The First 48 on A&E? They follow around homicide detectives from the time the team gets the call. It's an awsome show, but kinda scary, especially when they are following around the Cincinnati Homicide unit. Although it does ease my fears of random killings, apparently you either have to deal drugs, steal drugs, or be on drugs to be killed. 99 percent of those homocides center around drugs.

Falls City Beer
08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
How can home improvement shows be guilty pleasures? That's all I ever see in houses with cable or satellite on. That and commercials.

Y'all can do more "guilty" than that. Now Matt700--*that's* a guilty pleasure.

Blimpie
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Ghost Hunters here too. Just not Ghost Hunters international, I don't know why, but I just can't get into that one. Well, Andy Andrews has a way of ruining the show I guess..

While I'm at it, I might as well admit to watching Top Chef with my GF.

Has anybody watched The First 48 on A&E? They follow around homicide detectives from the time the team gets the call. It's an awsome show, but kinda scary, especially when they are following around the Cincinnati Homicide unit. Although it does ease my fears of random killings, apparently you either have to deal drugs, steal drugs, or be on drugs to be killed. 99 percent of those homocides center around drugs.We have similar tastes in reality TV. I am a huge fan of that show, as well.

While we are on a roll, here...I also dig The Amazing Race.

Johnny Footstool
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah and it's $149! :eek: But it looks sweet!

Yeah, it's priced to sell to dudes in their 30's.

gonelong
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
How can home improvement shows be guilty pleasures? That's all I ever see in houses with cable or satellite on. That and commercials.

Y'all can do more "guilty" than that. Now Matt700--*that's* a guilty pleasure.

If you asked 100 people who knew me if they thought I'd watch HGTV with any frequency whatsoever you'd get 100 laughs and "no ways".

Plus I generally watch riding around the living room on a fudge-covered goat , wearing my grandmothers wedding dress and playing the triangle.

GL

Highlifeman21
08-06-2008, 04:52 PM
The movie "Stick It"

Enrique Iglesias

KFC Buffet

Beef Jerky

Pink golf shirts

My white belt

the rapper TI

singing in the shower or the car

*BaseClogger*
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
the Food Network...

GoReds33
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
A giant chocolate milkshake. I just love that stuff.

GoReds33
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
The movie "Stick It"
I'm not the only one.:)

15fan
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Beer.

The cold kind.

Raisor
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Gilmore Girls.

There, I said it.

OldRightHander
08-06-2008, 11:38 PM

What's so guilty about that? I do that all the time. Of course, singing in the truck stop shower can get you some looks when you come out of there and realize that the shower rooms aren't soundproof. I'm not trying to brag, but I have a pretty decent voice and the other day I was singing in the shower and when I came out this other trucker was heading down the hallway to his shower room and he looked at me and said, "Why in the hell are you driving?" I'll take it as a compliment.

Gainesville Red
08-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Gilmore Girls.

There, I said it.

I'm with you. They're just so witty.

Highlifeman21
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
What's so guilty about that? I do that all the time. Of course, singing in the truck stop shower can get you some looks when you come out of there and realize that the shower rooms aren't soundproof. I'm not trying to brag, but I have a pretty decent voice and the other day I was singing in the shower and when I came out this other trucker was heading down the hallway to his shower room and he looked at me and said, "Why in the hell are you driving?" I'll take it as a compliment.

Ok, you got me.

I just enjoy it, and I shouldn't enjoy it as much as I do. In that respect, I consider it a guilty pleasure.

KittyDuran
08-07-2008, 06:07 AM
A giant chocolate milkshake. I just love that stuff.Make it a chocolate malt! :thumbup:

LoganBuck
08-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Monsterquest

Movies with cheerleading in them, for some god forsaken reason I get sucked into watching them. I won't go out of my way to find them, but I have seen Bring it on, and the one where the cheerleaders rob a bank about 20 times.

When my wife isn't around Liver and Onions. I know that there can't possibly be anything worse to ingest, but I love me some Liver and Onions.

oneupper
08-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Wii Golf

12 under is my best. 9 holes in one and counting.

No one in the family will play with me. :(

Roy Tucker
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Sometimes, my daughter will be watching "Full House". I'll sit down and watch it with her. Even if she leaves the room, I'll keep watching.

I watch "Bonanza" re-runs.

Cyclone792
08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Enrique Iglesias

And I know your ultimate guilty pleasure is combining those two: singing Enrique Iglesias in the shower or the car.

:cool:

HotCorner
08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Miss Congeniality

Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date.

Cheryl "Rhode Island": That's a tough one. I would have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

Raisor
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Sometimes, my daughter will be watching "Full House". I'll sit down and watch it with her. Even if she leaves the room, I'll keep watching.

I never knew you were such an Olsen Twin fan.

Chip R
08-07-2008, 11:27 AM

Strong words coming from a Gilmore Girls fanboy.

Roy Tucker
08-07-2008, 11:56 AM

A lot of the time, I marvel at the apparent wholesomeness while knowing Bob Saget would become a potty-mouthed comic, Dave Coulier become the target of Alanis Morrisette bile, and the trainwreck lives of Mary Kate and Ashley.

Highlifeman21
08-07-2008, 12:10 PM
And I know your ultimate guilty pleasure is combining those two: singing Enrique Iglesias in the shower or the car.

:cool:

Like you haven't sang some Enrique Iglesias in your day....

SunDeck
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
My wife and I like to watch terrible network television. Our all time favorite might have been "The Profiler". Right now, we like "Numbers", a truly awful and completely unbelievable show about a genius professor and an FBI that somehow cannot solve crimes without using his algorithms.
"Criminal Minds" is a close second right now. Am I to understand that there is an FBI team that actually gets a chartered jet all to themselves, and that the skinny, effete brainiac guy is actually cleared to carry a weapon?
And don't get me started on "Crossing Jordan" or "CSI: Miami".

PedroBourbon
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Monsterquest

Movies with cheerleading in them, for some god forsaken reason I get sucked into watching them. I won't go out of my way to find them, but I have seen Bring it on, and the one where the cheerleaders rob a bank about 20 times.

When my wife isn't around Liver and Onions. I know that there can't possibly be anything worse to ingest, but I love me some Liver and Onions.

You sure you don't mean cheerleader movies when your wife is not around?

Jack Burton
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Fun Yuns
Dr. Pepper

Johnny Footstool
08-07-2008, 01:02 PM
A lot of the time, I marvel at the apparent wholesomeness while knowing Bob Saget would become a potty-mouthed comic, Dave Coulier become the target of Alanis Morrisette bile, and the trainwreck lives of Mary Kate and Ashley.

Saget was a fairly blue comic for several years before he landed his gig on "Full House." His stand-up was pretty good, with an interesting, rapid-fire style.

acredsfan
08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
We have similar tastes in reality TV. I am a huge fan of that show, as well.

While we are on a roll, here...I also dig The Amazing Race.
While I don't particularly set out to watch shows like the Amazing Race or Survivor, I find myself watching them because if you watch on show, you have to watch the rest of the season. Its definitely a love hate thing with me.

Blimpie
08-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Monsterquest

When my wife isn't around Liver and Onions. I know that there can't possibly be anything worse to ingest, but I love me some Liver and Onions.Last night's featured monster episodes were Chupacabra and Vampires.

Good times.

LoganBuck
08-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Last night's featured monster episodes were Chupacabra and Vampires.

Good times.

Last week we had Hairy Man and Chupacabra, Hairy Man is not to be confused with Grassman, Swamp Ape, or Orang Pendek.

Grassman is from Ohio, he may be a Reds fan. He is also into Sabermetrics.

Deepred05
08-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Spent last weekend in Tijuana Mexico. There is little doubt that I am going to hell.:D

HotCorner
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
TLC's What Not to Wear

TRF
11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm a guy.

I watch Grey's Anatomy.

RichRed
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
The Biggest Loser. My wife loves the show so I watch it with her. The transformations these people go through is amazing.

Same here. I don't end each episode in tears like my wife but I have to admit, I do enjoy it.

thatcoolguy_22
09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought this was worth bringing back up...

1) Music by Black Eye Peas (its so catchy)
2) going to bed for the night before 5pm from time to time
3) Detroit Lions football
4) Classic RPG's
5) Supernatural (i refuse to watch anything in its slotted time, but I will take the time to DL episodes)
6) Anime- too many shows to list

Dom Heffner
09-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Taylor Swift. ;)

Actually, my true guilty pleasure is playing Tekken. I am unstoppable as Christy or Nina.

Also love the cereals I ate as a kid. There isn't a bad one, except Cap N Crunch still has a tendency to tear the roof of my mouth up.

RANDY IN INDY
09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Baseball caps- I have way too many

Baseball gloves- ditto (I love the way a new glove smells)

westofyou
09-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Baseball Books, periodicals, paper with baseball stuff on them, have a room filled with it.

Roy Tucker
09-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I watch the Rachel Zoe Project and that Kardashians show with my daughters.

Completely trash TV. Mindless and stupid and everything wrong with modern day society and I make fun of it. But I'll sit down and watch it.

moewan
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
as much as i hate to admit it, but i love gene simmons family jewles

Dom Heffner
09-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Also love the old game shows:Richard Dawson is a personal hero...

RichRed
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Simpler times...freaky clothes. Watching it actually became a ritual for me and my oldest daughter for a few years. Just for kicks I turned it on one Saturday night (she was around 2) and she was mesmerized. I figured it was the bright colored clothes from the 70's era shows and the abbreviated songs. While we don't watch it as regularly as we once did, I still kinda enjoy watching it if we're home at that hour.

I can't access Youtube at work but do yourself a favor and find the Welk singers performing the Brewer & Shipley song "One Toke Over the Line," which is introduced as a "gospel song." Absolutely fantastic.

Joseph
09-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Also love the old game shows:Richard Dawson is a personal hero...

And here I thought after that Taylor Swift thread we'd never have anything in common. Great one there. I love lots of old game shows, GSN is awesome for watching them. Dawson, Woolery, Martindale....the game show guys from childhood make me smile.

Among the others....

B grade horror movies, love em, have a theater in the basement full of em.

foxfire123
09-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Disney Pixar and DreamWorks animated movies. Not just for the kids.

Yeah, that. :D Hubby and I both love good animation. I just wish movie theatres would have "adults only" viewings so we could watch them with out some little one going "I have to potty" every 18 seconds. :D

Facebook games. I admit to playing way, way too much Farmville, Treasure Isle and Treasure Madness... and the occasional Poker game.

foxfire123
09-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Antiques Roadshow!

OOOh, this, and Pawn Stars and American Pickers!

Other guilty pleasures:

Eating Honeycomb cereal like popcorn.
Movies like Bring It On, Princess Diaries (one and two), Down Periscope and there is NO WAY I can turn off Revenge Of The Nerds, Porkys or Grease. If they're on, I'm watching.
Project Runway. I have a thing for catty gay guys. :)
Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Sea Ray
09-11-2010, 09:02 AM
I can't access Youtube at work but do yourself a favor and find the Welk singers performing the Brewer & Shipley song "One Toke Over the Line," which is introduced as a "gospel song." Absolutely fantastic.

A song about pot is introduced as a Gospel song?

SunDeck
09-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Kids cereal- King Vitamin, but if my wife weren't a sugar fascist I'd buy the kids Cap'n Crunch and eat half the box.

Bike riding- lots of guys in our neighborhood are serious riders, putting in a century a week. I just like to ride my bike because it feels exactly the same as it did when I was ten. I can't think of anything else like that.

westofyou
09-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Kids cereal- King Vitamin, but if my wife weren't a sugar fascist I'd buy the kids Cap'n Crunch and eat half the box.

Bike riding- lots of guys in our neighborhood are serious riders, putting in a century a week. I just like to ride my bike because it feels exactly the same as it did when I was ten. I can't think of anything else like that.

+ one on both

RichRed
09-11-2010, 01:45 PM
A song about pot is introduced as a Gospel song?

I had it slightly wrong; Welk recaps it as a "modern spiritual."

YouTube - "Toking" with Lawrence Welk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3ecDYxOkg)

redsfanmia
09-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I had it slightly wrong; Welk recaps it as a "modern spiritual."

YouTube - "Toking" with Lawrence Welk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3ecDYxOkg)

This is awesome.

KittyDuran
09-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Antiques Roadshow!

OOOh, this, and Pawn Stars and American Pickers!
My mom might adopt you! Those some of the shows she likes to watch. She does have a habit of calling Pawn Stars... "Porn" Stars from time to time... ;)

SunDeck
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
This is something of a guilty pleasure, getting enjoyment out of the misery of someone else- the Marimba Lady from the Miss America Pageant. Sit back and watch a train wreck that occurred on national television.

YouTube - MARIMBA LADY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtcTj3WR7nw)

Eric_the_Red
09-12-2010, 08:12 AM
This is something of a guilty pleasure, getting enjoyment out of the misery of someone else- the Marimba Lady from the Miss America Pageant. Sit back and watch a train wreck that occurred on national television.

YouTube - MARIMBA LADY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtcTj3WR7nw)

I don't get it. How is this a train wreck?

redsfanmia
09-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I don't get it. How is this a train wreck?

I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did.

SunDeck
09-12-2010, 08:50 PM
If you can't see it and hear it, I'm glad for you. It's an awful, awful performance with perhaps more missed than correct notes. She's stiff as a board, with practically no rhythm whatsoever and as the song progresses she sinks deeper into a hole until the end as she just bangs out notes to get through the piece and get out of there. Trust me- it's bad, a train wreck that happened on live TV in front of millions.

foxfire123
09-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Marimba Lady sounded flat and out of sync in spots to me, that what you mean SunDeck? And gawd help us but what's with the 80's Linda Evans padded shoulders and beehive-ish hair?????

TeamCasey
09-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Flaming Hot Fries
Real Housewives of Whereever
Sci Fi Movies
Lazy Sundays

Captain13
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Any sit-com on the Disney Channel. I watch Sunny Wizards of Montana Place. I love the bright colors and the cheese. Also, So You Think You Can Dance (that one is about cool hip-hop dancing, and hot chicks in tight clothes).

Roy Tucker
09-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I sometimes watch the Hallmark Channel.

OldRightHander
09-13-2010, 05:39 PM
New England seafood, especially whole fried clams, in large quantities. I look for loads up there as often as I can.

Sweetstop
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM
reading fcb's peanut gallery thread
watching late night syndicated sitcom's "that 70's show" and "according to jim". yikes!

SunDeck
09-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I sometimes watch the Hallmark Channel.

You know how weird it is to see a person who you've only heard on radio, and the mental image you have of them turns out to be completely wrong? This Hallmark Channel fess up is producing the same kind of moment for me.

SunDeck
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Taylor Swift. ;)

Also love the cereals I ate as a kid. There isn't a bad one, except Cap N Crunch still has a tendency to tear the roof of my mouth up.

So true, and it was murder to eat with braces, but did I stop? No.

HeatherC1212
09-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Homemade Brand Cookies & Cream ice cream
Toddlers & Tiaras
Glee

I may have just beaten all of you, LOL :p:

Eric_the_Red
09-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Homemade Brand Cookies & Cream ice cream
Toddlers & Tiaras
Glee

I may have just beaten all of you, LOL :p:

Nothing to feel guilty about with that ice cream....deeelish! (The other two, however...) :p:

Johnny Footstool
09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Videos with funny cats. I'm a sucker.

marcshoe
09-15-2010, 10:55 PM
life in general.

yab1112
09-16-2010, 05:13 PM
World of Warcraft
Party in the USA
Unfaithful
Cherry 7-Up

:help:

cacollinsmba
09-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Listening to Madonna's Confessions On A Dance Floor while playing NHL on Playstation. It's one of those things that sounds awful until you try it, kind of like Fritos and Cream Cheese.

marcshoe
09-16-2010, 11:47 PM
I know I shouldn't, but I like Taio Cruz's "Dynomite". Sorry; it's just catchy and fun. Can I get back to my Avett Brothers' now?

09-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I actually do like Taylor Swift, and I am not going to make any apologies about it. But then again, I also like Glee, and nearly all Broadway musicals.

I once thought that I might be gay, and to be honest, I didn't have a problem with it, but I really didn't want to have to give up dating women if I was. I just love women too much to be a homosexual. That, and I don't think I could get myself in good enough shape.

Blimpie
09-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Videos with funny cats. I'm a sucker.I recently spent 30 minutes watching YouTube videos of squirrel catapults effectively launching them across neighborhood yards.

Tommyjohn25
09-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Oreo cookies.

TeamSelig
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I actually do like Taylor Swift, and I am not going to make any apologies about it. But then again, I also like Glee, and nearly all Broadway musicals.

I once thought that I might be gay, and to be honest, I didn't have a problem with it, but I really didn't want to have to give up dating women if I was. I just love women too much to be a homosexual. That, and I don't think I could get myself in good enough shape.

:lol: wow

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I found this video on youtube sometime back and find myself watching more than a few times. It's a German singer, Helene Fischer, singing Ave Maria. She is gorgeous to look at and has the voice of an angel.

YouTube - Helene Fischer - Ave Maria (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djmvux5Toao)

will5979
09-23-2010, 08:34 AM
1. Old School WWF Wrestling, still watch old VHS tapes even though I know every move of every match, especially the 1990 Royal Rumble.

2. Benny Mardones-"If I could Fly"

3. Paula Abdul-"Promise of a New Day", man she looked good in that video.

4. 80s Hair Metal Power Ballads, they get me every time, I love them and I really don't care if anyone says I'm gay cause I like them.

5. I'm a Cincinnati Bengals fan, nuff said.

RichRed
09-23-2010, 10:00 AM
I just watched the season premiere of "Biggest Loser" last night, which immediately reminded me of this thread.

medford
09-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I just watched the season premiere of "Biggest Loser" last night, which immediately reminded me of this thread.

I hope you watched it on DVR or at least on demand. My wife & I watch it, but I couldn't imagine sitting thru a live episode. There are so many commercials and flashbacks when coming back from commercial that the 2 hour show can be watched in about 45 minutes, which makes it tolerable.

Captain13
09-23-2010, 01:23 PM
There are so many commercials and flashbacks when coming back from commercial that the 2 hour show can be watched in about 45 minutes, which makes it tolerable.

When did that start? It seems like every show has 15 seconds of "coming up" and 15 seconds of "you may have missed" around each commercial break. That is 30 seconds of garbage around, say, six commercial breaks on an hour show. They added three minutes of complete garbage to the episode, what a waste.

medford
09-23-2010, 01:58 PM
When did that start? It seems like every show has 15 seconds of "coming up" and 15 seconds of "you may have missed" around each commercial break. That is 30 seconds of garbage around, say, six commercial breaks on an hour show. They added three minutes of complete garbage to the episode, what a waste.

I don't watch a ton of "reality" tv, so perhaps its a reality TV thing. My wife & I get a kick out of being able to predict when the commercial is about to happen. Its usually pretty obvious. Whats even worse is the "in show commercial" they have every week where they try to pretend its not a commercial, but just some helpful advice from the trainer to a contestant how a particular product can really help with their weight loss. Its shameless, but there was 1 spot last year, for what I don't remember, that totally caught us off gaurd.

RichRed
09-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I hope you watched it on DVR or at least on demand. My wife & I watch it, but I couldn't imagine sitting thru a live episode. There are so many commercials and flashbacks when coming back from commercial that the 2 hour show can be watched in about 45 minutes, which makes it tolerable.

Oh, DVR - absolutely. Watching that mess live is out of the question.

RichRed
09-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Whats even worse is the "in show commercial" they have every week where they try to pretend its not a commercial, but just some helpful advice from the trainer to a contestant how a particular product can really help with their weight loss. Its shameless, but there was 1 spot last year, for what I don't remember, that totally caught us off gaurd.

Could I interest you in some Jenny-O turkey and a stick of Extra Sugarfree gum?

reds44
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wow!

1990REDS
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I read my wifes In-Touch and other celeb gossip magazines when shes not looking. I cant help it thier just so entertaining!!

Kingspoint
09-26-2010, 03:57 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy7yGNj06Di6WFNuaekMKOXWjhjPH0c Y3K9PJnYX75r0kYBSo&t=1&usg=__ephiYiYEnU3d3siUpNjeL_L8czM=