08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Police Academy 8? Ghostbusters 3?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_development_hell_films

improbus
08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
When did they make Police Academy 7?

GoReds33
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
When did they make Police Academy 7?Mission to Moscow was made in 1994.

RedsIn07
08-08-2008, 04:58 PM
The Three.

*BaseClogger*
08-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I was really looking forward to a Peter Jackson Halo movie...

redsfanmia
08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Why on earth would you remake Revenge of the Nerds, you cant improve on perfection so why try?

Unassisted
08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Jim Carrey + 6 Million Dollar Man just might be worse than Charlie's Angels with Drew Barrymore. Hope it doesn't ever happen.

Unassisted
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Why on earth would you remake Revenge of the Nerds, you cant improve on perfection so why try?Once a film gets to be 20 years old, Hollywood assumes a new version is needed-preferably starring Ashton Kutcher. ;)

improbus
08-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Mission to Moscow was made in 1994.

I blocked that one out of my mind...

GAC
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I see where they are finally starting on a third Underworld movie, which will be a prequel, and meaning no Kate Beckinsale. Darn!

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/02/kate-beckinsale-finished-with-underworld

Caveat Emperor
08-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't think there's a single movie on that list that I'd pay a $1 to watch.

Highlifeman21
08-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I see where they are finally starting on a third Underworld movie, which will be a prequel, and meaning no Kate Beckinsale. Darn!

Explaining moreso indepth the back story of the lycans and the vampires might make for a decent movie.

I'm definitely a fan of the 2 Underworlds, so I would easily go see a prequel.

LoganBuck
08-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I have been waiting for Meg for almost a decade now. I read the first two books in the series on college road trips. Very fun.

GoReds33
08-09-2008, 12:47 AM
I blocked that one out of my mind...I think we all did. I used to love those movies, but even I had to look that up.

*BaseClogger*
08-09-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't think there's a single movie on that list that I'd pay a $1 to watch.

You wouldn't pay $1 to watch a Peter Jackson movie?

Caveat Emperor
08-09-2008, 02:19 AM
You wouldn't pay $1 to watch a Peter Jackson movie?

Hated King Kong -- a classic movie that just didn't need to be remade. Ever.

Strongly disliked The Lord of the Rings -- first of the three was pretty good, the other two went on forever and were dreadfully boring. Talking trees and two giant armies of computer generated men fighting one another do not a good film make.

So nope...Peter doesn't have the best track record as far as I'm concerned.

redsfanmia
08-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Hated King Kong -- a classic movie that just didn't need to be remade. Ever.

Strongly disliked The Lord of the Rings -- first of the three was pretty good, the other two went on forever and were dreadfully boring. Talking trees and two giant armies of computer generated men fighting one another do not a good film make.

So nope...Peter doesn't have the best track record as far as I'm concerned.

I am right there with you.

GAC
08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok. Just got back from the movies and the previews had clips from a remake on the 1951 classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still" starring....are you ready for this?......Keanu Reeves as Klaatu. With his acting ability I think Reeves should have been cast as Gort. ;)

Jennifer Connelly also co-stars. No relealse date is yet given.

I'm sure the remake will do a great disservice to the original. Like so many remakes that have come out recently.

BuckeyeRed27
08-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok. Just got back from the movies and the previews had clips from a remake on the 1951 classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still" starring....are you ready for this?......Keanu Reeves as Klaatu. With his acting ability I think Reeves should have been cast as Gort. ;)

Jennifer Connelly also co-stars. No relealse date is yet given.

I'm sure the remake will do a great disservice to the original. Like so many remakes that have come out recently.

It comes out in December...the 9th I think.
It looks like it will be a little above average.

The Baumer
08-10-2008, 03:22 AM
The Day the Earth... remake looks pretty bland but the few quick shots of the stadium and building dissolving looked amazing. I'll probably see it just to confirm my suspicions.

Eric in IL
08-10-2008, 03:40 AM
An "I Dream Of Jeannie" movie has been in the works for about three years now. Internet movie database now shows a release date of 2010 and another screenwriter was hired two months ago.

I just don't see how this film could work given the fact that "Bewitched" bombed so badly. TV remakes are almost a dead genre now. The "Dallas" movie is yet another example of a film stuck in development.

Like was mentioned earlier, it's now in vogue to restart movie franchises- especially those that teens don't recall.

gonelong
08-11-2008, 10:17 AM
When did they make Police Academy 7?

I don't think they have.

The first 5 were pretty good and then they just mailed in PA 6. Disappointing.

GL

improbus
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Keanu can be effective in movies, you just have to always make his character seem confused (his natural disposition). The Matrix was perfect. He didn't understand what was going on so his natural look worked very well. Somehow, they kept him confused in the next two movies. He would be great in any stoner movie.

RedsBaron
08-11-2008, 12:14 PM

I haven't liked that many prequels, and Underworld without Kate Beckinsale in tight leather for some reason just does not sound like quite as interesting a film.