PDA

View Full Version : ..Cordero...

TheBigLebowski
08-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I am too lazy to find the other thread I started about the guy.

1 IP. 4 ER. Blew open a 5-5 game.

What a freaking waste of 40-some odd million dollars.

I am so depressed right now. This franchise is a shambles.

demas863
08-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Hang in there. Without pain one cannot experience joy......that is if you live long enough.

LouisvilleCARDS
08-08-2008, 11:21 PM
He's the one who blew the game? I was watching the Olympics and being drunk. In the bottom of the 10th, I swore it was still 5-5, then turned it back, game over 9-5. Cordero, you're a bum.

ChatterRed
08-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I've been wanting to put him on the waiver wire and see if we could unload him. Fat chance.

Another fine contract this team has gotten us into. He's 33 years old. I guess we'll have him 'til he's 38.

Enjoy.

TheBigLebowski
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Ugh. Makes my current state of mind even more depressing.

George Foster
08-09-2008, 12:17 AM
The Brewers offered him about the same contract as the Reds. They are breathing a 40 million dollar sigh of relief...

08-09-2008, 01:03 AM
The Brewers offered him about the same contract as the Reds. They are breathing a 40 million dollar sigh of relief...

They would be glad to have him and his record this year. They would be in first by 5 games if they had a Cordero, warts and all.

Cordero has a history of big slumps. If you look at when he is bad, it is mostly is when the Reds are slumping, which means he doesn't get enough work in.

The Reds paid a premium price for an average closer because they had to. But an average closer is still good. His overall numbers at the end of the year will be good.

ChatterRed
08-09-2008, 01:17 AM
They would be glad to have him and his record this year. They would be in first by 5 games if they had a Cordero, warts and all.

Cordero has a history of big slumps. If you look at when he is bad, it is mostly is when the Reds are slumping, which means he doesn't get enough work in.

The Reds paid a premium price for an average closer because they had to. But an average closer is still good. His overall numbers at the end of the year will be good.

Call the Brewers and make that pitch and see if they take him. :D

Kingspoint
08-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Cordero has been a bust.

Anybody could have done what he's done this year, for $1M or less.

UK Reds Fan
08-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I've been wanting to put him on the waiver wire and see if we could unload him. Fat chance.

Another fine contract this team has gotten us into. He's 33 years old. I guess we'll have him 'til he's 38.

Enjoy.

True...very deflating. Seems like the Reds get out of a bad contract and walk right back into another.

Griffey (not bad at signing...just turned out that way), Graves, Milton, etc...now Cordero. This crap will hold us down and prevent us from upgrading the pitching staff.

Did Krivsky ever sign one good relief pitcher in his time? (Weathers was here originally with OBrien and Krivs just kept him around) I can't think of one decent BP signing under Krivs.

big boy
08-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Did Krivsky ever sign one good relief pitcher in his time? (Weathers was here originally with OBrien and Krivs just kept him around) I can't think of one decent BP signing under Krivs.

What about Burton, Affeldt, and Lincoln?

TheBigLebowski
08-09-2008, 10:17 AM

There is not a planet in this solar system nor a parallel universe in which this statement is true. Not even CLOSE.

DTCromer
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
We're 1 closer away from winning this division. :rolleyes:

schmidty622
08-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I am too lazy to find the other thread I started about the guy.

1 IP. 4 ER. Blew open a 5-5 game.

What a freaking waste of 40-some odd million dollars.

I am so depressed right now. This franchise is a shambles.

If you let sports affect your mood in general then you have a lot to learn about Cincinnati my friend.