PDA

View Full Version : so long

BenHayes
08-10-2008, 03:44 PM
After 48 years i can sadly say good bye. I will miss baseball but
i can no longer watch such a lost club work in this era.Nothing seems to stem the downward slide over the past ten years. My baseball savy friends have always told me what a sorry organization the Reds are but i have always looked the other way.They were right and i was wrong to hold on. Good bye.

schmidty622
08-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Don't let the door hit ya.

Driver62
08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
I've been a Reds fan since the late 1940's and I know this team is very, very bad but I still watch and follow them.

I love baseball and I will still follow my team. If you want to leave, that is your choice but I'm going to hang around.

Chi-Town Red
08-10-2008, 05:19 PM
rock bottom....that's what this team has just hit

standerson
08-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Went to the game today with our Little Leaguers. Sat through the entire game just so the boys cold run the bases ater the game.

I've been following the Reds for 50 years. I think today was the worst thumping I have ever seen a Reds team take while I was at the game.

Noosh
08-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Who'da thunk we'd be getting a downgrade when swapping in Harang for Bailey? It really doesn't seem to matter who goes to the mound recently, they're all bad. Then when a rare solid start comes around the offense makes sure to still score less than the opponent.

Maldez
08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I find it amusing that in game recaps ESPN has downgraded the Reds from its previous rating of "floundering" to the dreaded "moribund". Can you get any lower than moribund?

Not sure, but if it's at all possible I see our Reds getting there!

Chi-Town Red
08-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Sad time to be Reds fan....:thumbdown

studiodd
08-10-2008, 09:33 PM
It may be bad, but I'm still gonna wear my reds hat tomorrow, just like I do everyday.

Fan since 1976.

realreds1
08-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I've been following the Reds for 50 years. I think today was the worst thumping I have ever seen a Reds team take while I was at the game.

Bummer! I can say, somewhat proudly, that I watched, from the Sun Deck, one of Paul Wilson's final MLB regular season starts when he gave up half a bucket of baseballs to the Dodgers a few years back.

I'm not sure Jeff Kent's upper deck blast was even caught. The ball might have just disintegrated as it left the atmosphere. :cool:

I think it was, like, 11-0 by the end of the second inning. But my memory won't let me go there...

BamaRed
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
i can no longer watch such a lost club work in this era.Nothing seems to stem the downward slide over the past ten years. My baseball savy friends have always told me what a sorry organization the Reds are but i have always looked the other way.They were right and i was wrong to hold on. Good bye.

Hopefully you'll be gone for 48 years.Maybe by then you and your friends will learn how to spell savvy (doh!) correctly.

walk-off
08-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Eh, as ugly as it is, I can't give up, this ain't Cleveland. There is a strong enough young core to keep me around, especially if BCast wants to open up his man purse this off season.

TheOnlyRedsFan
08-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Been a fan since the day I was born, 85. Never giving up.

Ghosts of 1990
08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
I can't give up or go anywhere else. There's nowhere else to go. I'm here till the end.

If you want to 'leave' and say goodbye to baseball or the Reds, you never loved either in the first place.

mroby85
08-11-2008, 02:24 AM
I can't give up or go anywhere else. There's nowhere else to go. I'm here till the end.

If you want to 'leave' and say goodbye to baseball or the Reds, you never loved either in the first place.

I agree 100%, i'm as frustrated with this team as the next guy, but it's not a choice to care whether they win or not, it's just something inside of you that you can't control. I honestly wish i didn't care, it would make me a lot happier person, considering i'm 20 and missed out on all the good years, but hopefully the good days will come around again soon.

Manut Bol
08-11-2008, 03:12 AM
You just wish you were born a Yankees fan. As soon as the Reds are in contention you'll be driving the bandwagon and making comments about the fair weather.

Jr's Boy
08-11-2008, 03:38 AM
I respect where he's coming from,sometimes I wonder my self about following this team.I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.:D

Krawhitham
08-11-2008, 03:38 AM

You'll be back next season, we all feel that way at times about the Reds. Wonderful thing about Spring Training, every fan for every team still thinks their team has a chance to go all the way

Fon Duc Tow
08-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I'll never give up on the Reds. They are my home team, I grew up with them, and they will always be "my team."

That being said, I quit watching them a couple weeks ago, and I doubt I'll be going to any more games this season.

I'll support them in my heart, but as soon as it is clear that the Reds aren't trying anymore, then they don't get any more of my time or money.

I'll pick this team back up when it gets close to spring training 2009.

Bengals game tonight. Who Dey!

mroby85
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I'll never give up on the Reds. They are my home team, I grew up with them, and they will always be "my team."

That being said, I quit watching them a couple weeks ago, and I doubt I'll be going to any more games this season.

I'll support them in my heart, but as soon as it is clear that the Reds aren't trying anymore, then they don't get any more of my time or money.

I'll pick this team back up when it gets close to spring training 2009.

Bengals game tonight. Who Dey!

Who Dey!?!?!

bgwilly31
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM
I've been a Reds fan since the late 1940's and I know this team is very, very bad but I still watch and follow them.

I love baseball and I will still follow my team. If you want to leave, that is your choice but I'm going to hang around.

dont let him fool ya.

If we win in 2009 he will be back. They all come back.

bgwilly31
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Who Dey!?!?!

Thats right.

WHO DEY BABAYYYYY!:D

Z-Fly
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Went to the game today with our Little Leaguers. Sat through the entire game just so the boys cold run the bases ater the game.

I saw Jeff Austin pitch a few times.

BurgervilleBuck
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
As other said, don't let the door hit ya.

Oh, and when you're ready to get on the bandwagon again, you'll have to pay double price. :thumbup:

It's bleak, folks, yup. But only rats desert sinking ships.

bounty37h
08-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, I am certainly not giving up in the Reds, but I dont find myself anxiously waiting to read the box scores in the morning-hell, at this point of year I dont even look at all anymore. I find myself paying more attention to minor league and USA baseball, all options in close range to my home anyway. I start preparing myself for football. I will not switch my MLB alliance, but the team certainly doesn't mean to me this time of year what it does Nov-late May'ish (at least in most recent Reds years since they usually lose much chance after June)....