PDA

View Full Version : Guess tomorrow's lineup.

TC81190
08-11-2008, 03:29 PM
SS Keppinger
CF Patterson
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
3B Encarnacion
LF Cabrera
1B Rosales
C Hanigan

Redlegs23
08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
SS Patterson
CF Patterson
RF Patterson
2B Patterson
3B Patterson
LF Patterson
1B Patterson
C Patterson

bgwilly31
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
SS Keppinger
CF Patterson
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
3B Encarnacion
LF Cabrera
1B Rosales
C Hanigan

I feel sorry for Phillips.

Think about how that guy feels. Hes right in the middle of his prime. And the team your anchored to just gaurunteed you ZERO chance of making the playoffs for at least the next 2-3 yrs.

walk-off
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
1b Hairiston
cf Patterson (Should be Dickerson if they are going to commit to a youth movement)
rf Bruce
2b B. Phillips
lf Rosales till Votto is back
ss Keppinger
3b Encarnacion
c Hannigan

OUCH!!!

RiSK
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM

Think about how that guy feels. Hes right in the middle of his prime. And the team your anchored to just gaurunteed you ZERO chance of making the playoffs for at least the next 2-3 yrs.

Are you kidding? Do you know anything about the guy? You're talking about the same Brandon Phillips that grew up loving Barry Larkin and dreaming of playing for the Reds. The same Brandon Phillips who wants to play his entire career with the Reds and has publicly stated that he'd like to be the captain. The same Brandon Phillips who said all of this while the Reds were losing.

While I'm sure he'd like to get to the playoffs, something tells me he's not griping about the situation he's in.

Nasty_Boy
08-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Are you kidding? Do you know anything about the guy? You're talking about the same Brandon Phillips that grew up loving Barry Larkin and dreaming of playing for the Reds. The same Brandon Phillips who wants to play his entire career with the Reds and has publicly stated that he'd like to be the captain. The same Brandon Phillips who said all of this while the Reds were losing.

While I'm sure he'd like to get to the playoffs, something tells me he's not griping about the situation he's in.

You mean the Brandon Phillips who was jealous of Josh Hamilton? You mean the Brandon Phillips that didn't like the attention over JR's chase for 600? You the BP that wants to be the "captain" and teammates shoot down that notion every time its mentioned?

08-12-2008, 10:08 AM

What are you so certain he will be a Red next year? I see Jocketty completely rebuilding this team with new players with new attitudes. When he talked about untouchables, he did not mention Phillips.

I love what Phillips can do, but he really is a great glove 2B who should be batting 6th. He is not player you build your team around. He also has the most trade value of any Reds that is not untouchable.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-12-2008, 10:46 AM
phillips should be tagged the captain.. sorry but the people who had a problem with him being captain are the same people who cared more about their individual stats more than team wins.. griffey was special about this though.. he did alot of things, and people around him made his accomplishments great.. but every time i am around him, or around the team.. everyone else put him on a pedestal first..

I am telling you the presence of Adam dunn was alot more about individual stuff than team, and phillips as the captain.. and bruce, volquez, cueto, and votto all as future stars are pretty nice as an outlook..

i also had a conversation with B-Phill after he had hit the 30/30 club.. and his response was.. "Its just stats, you still have to play the game, I do it because I love playing, not for the stats"

which when told to ME as a non-player or media member, was pretty telling about how he didnt like the stuff going on with the team..

I mean he might like the light.. but usually people run when the light gets brightest.. Brandon is almost always the only one signing autographs before and after the game, and he continues to have a positive attitude about playing for a team and staying positive..

you run him off and you run off anything good we had going..

bgwilly31
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM

No im not kidding. R u?

So you think Brandon Phillips feels great about the management tearing the walls down around him. BP Is a great Player. My favorite on the team. So yeah i follow the guy pretty closely. Ive listened to both interviews after both trades on wlw. He sounded just fine when after we traded griffey. He actually sounded a bit held back on some negative comments he wanted to make about griffey and what he brought to the team.

But this past interview when after the DUNN trade. BP seemed shock. BP loved DUNN. Him and DUNN were great friends. He called DUNN the "Homerun King". BP didnt sound that happy about losing dunn.

Which is why im saying i feel sorry for him. If management drops the ball on replacing the two guys they just traded. BP is in for a Playoffless career. You think he's not worried about that.

What are you so certain he will be a Red next year? I see Jocketty completely rebuilding this team with new players with new attitudes. When he talked about untouchables, he did not mention Phillips.

I love what Phillips can do, but he really is a great glove 2B who should be batting 6th. He is not player you build your team around. He also has the most trade value of any Reds that is not untouchable.

Why would we drop BP?

If we drop BP. Over this offseason. I will have big ISSUES.

Cant Touch This
08-12-2008, 01:24 PM
SS Patterson
CF Patterson
RF Patterson
2B Patterson
3B Patterson
LF Patterson
1B Patterson
C Patterson

This is funny.

SarasotaFan
08-12-2008, 01:28 PM
SS Keppinger
CF Patterson
RF Bruce
2B Phillips
3B Encarnacion
LF Cabrera
1B Rosales
C Hanigan
dang, no pitcher ?? gonna be hard to win...

Ghosts of 1990
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
SS Patterson
CF Patterson
RF Patterson
2B Patterson
3B Patterson
LF Patterson
1B Patterson
C Patterson

Thats so perfect

texasdave
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
SS Patterson
CF Patterson
RF Patterson
2B Patterson
3B Patterson
LF Patterson
1B Patterson
C Patterson

7 out of 8 ain't bad. Just stick Bako at catcher and you're money.

JohnnyBench
08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
SS Patterson
CF Patterson
RF Patterson
2B Patterson
3B Patterson
LF Patterson
1B Patterson
C Patterson

Good stuff.