PDA

View Full Version : Next to go after the season?

Wheelhouse
08-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Who do you think Jocketty will dispose of next?

camisadelgolf
08-12-2008, 07:36 AM
I think he'll get rid of Edinson Volquez, just to spite Wayne Krivsky. But seriously, I could see Jocketty trading Brandon Phillips and justifying it by saying Jeff Keppinger and Danny Richar could handle the job in his place while the money saved will go to a big-name free agent. I think really (too) big things are expected of him, and I think he wants to do something just as big, or bigger, as trading Griffey and Dunn.

Wheelhouse
08-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I think he'll get rid of Edinson Volquez, just to spite Wayne Krivsky. But seriously, I could see Jocketty trading Brandon Phillips and justifying it by saying Jeff Keppinger and Danny Richar could handle the job in his place while the money saved will go to a big-name free agent. I think really (too) big things are expected of him, and I think he wants to do something just as big, or bigger, as trading Griffey and Dunn.

I can see that...

wolfboy
08-12-2008, 09:10 AM

I'd be okay with that. If Dunn's value was lower than it should be, then Phillips has a value higher than it should be. The Reds should take advantage of that.

HokieRed
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Arroyo wasn't on the list. If a major-league ready starter comes over in the Dunn deal, I think he'll still look to move Arroyo to get out from under the stupid contract of the next two seasons. The goal is to get flexibility to move in many directions in the rebuild; that means getting rid of as many as possible of WK's contracts. But I take it for granted that many on the list will be gone: Majewski, Weathers, Fogg, Javy, Patterson. Those are just questions of time. This team is going to look very different, rightly, IMO.

flyer85
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM
everyone on the list, other than Weathers, is flotsam.

KronoRed
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Hopefully Phillips, although I wonder if he's missed the boat on that.

REDREAD
08-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I imagine the next activity will be announcing the Reds have no interest in signing Patterson, Weathers, etc.

I picked Weathers because there's a small chance he'll get moved in a waiver wire deal (although I doubt it).

I suspect Maj might be back next year because he's a cheap body. Even if he's eligible for arb, he won't cost much. Same with Coffey. With Lincoln, Affedlt, and Weathers pending FAs, Walt really can't empty cut every body he has from the bullpen. He needs some depth to cover contingencies. However, I expect Belisle to be gone. I think Walt has seen enough of him.

Team Clark
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Patterson. I mean REALLY!!! You can not continue to keep this hack.

indy_dave00
08-12-2008, 03:45 PM
As far as I'm concerned they all should be dumped.

marcshoe
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
On that list, I think only the first two stand a decent chance of being back next year. I chose Fogg, because teams get really, really desparate for pitching.

wheels
08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Why is Arroyo not listed?

WVRedsFan
08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Patterson. I mean REALLY!!! You can not continue to keep this hack.
And hack is the appropriate descriptive name for him.

Totally agree.

redsfan30
08-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Todd Coffey.

Though FAR from the biggest problem in this organization, it's just time to move on. He's not going to the job done here.

WebScorpion
08-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Bavasi? ;)