PDA

View Full Version : Dusty's guys, Wayne's Guys Etc.

WVRedsFan
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
C. Trent has just posted this in his blog. It's interesting.

My guy, your guy, his guy

Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 03:30 PM EST

With Dusty's comments the other day about the Reds not being his team, but being Wayne Krivsky's team, I thought I'd look at who the current Reds "belong" to.

So, we'll start with Dusty

Dusty's guys

Corey Patterson

Jerry Hairston (if you're gonna blame him for Patterson, it seems fair to give him credit for Hairston, they were signed the same day in spring training)

* Francisco Cordero (At the Cordero press conference, Baker talked about how he recruited Cordero and wanted to get him and all that, so I'll assume he's one of Dusty's guys, even if he may officially be a Krivsky guy)

Jocketty's guys

Nick Masset

Andy Phillips (yes, Krivsky signed him, but Jocketty released him, and then when the Mets released him, Jocketty brough him back, he's officially 'Walt's guy'

Wayne's guys

Jeremy Affeldt

Bronson Arroyo

Bill Bray

Josh Fogg

Mike Lincoln

Gary Majewski

Edinson Volquez

Paul Bako

Jolbert Cabrera

Jeff Keppinger

Brandon Phillips

O'Brien's guys

Johnny Cueto

David Weathers

Javier Valentin

Adam Rosales

Jay Bruce

Joey Votto

Leatherpants' guys

Ryan Hanigan

Edwin Encarnacion

Chris Dickerson

Brad Kullman's guy

Aaron Harang (although, guys with contract extensions, you could give to that guy who gave them the extension, but I just wanted Brad Kullman to have some representation on the list)

icehole3
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
3 of the 4 guys the Reds are calling the future (saw the billboard on a metro bus) are my guy O'Brien, I love it.

OnBaseMachine
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Actually I would classify Paul Bako as a Dusty guy and Votto was drafted by Bowden, not O'Brien.

OnBaseMachine
08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
3 of the 4 guys the Reds are calling the future (saw the billboard on a metro bus) are my guy O'Brien, I love it.

I'm assuming Bruce, Cueto, Volquez, and Votto are the four on the billboard?

Chip R
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm assuming Bruce, Cueto, Volquez, and Votto are the four on the billboard?

Actually it's Weathers, Valentin, Bako and Patterson. ;)

WVRedsFan
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
The roster is made up of 11 Krivsky guys, 6 O'Brien guys, 3 Bowden guys, 3 Dusty guys, 2 Jocketty guys, and 1 lone Kullman guy (the best of the bunch). My opinion is that only 13 are good major leaguers. That's shocking. Wayne has more people on the squad, but O'Brien's guys have been the most successful in my eyes. But maybe Dusty's right. His influence and Jock's are minimal at best.

OnBaseMachine
08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Actually it's Weathers, Valentin, Bako and Patterson. ;)

Dusty must have paid for that billboard.;)

wheels
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Meh.

Your guys, my guys.

It all adds up to nothing. Let's see if Walt knows the new math (or something).

REDREAD
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
By the same logic as Andy Phillips, shouldn't Weathers and Valentin be Wayne's guys?
IIRC, Wayne extended both of them. Same with Freel. If Wayne didn't feel they were his guys, he could've let them walk. Alex Gonzales is another noticable missing "Wayne guy", as well as Stanton, Castro, and Hat, who are still on the payroll.

Chip R
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
By the same logic as Andy Phillips, shouldn't Weathers and Valentin be Wayne's guys?

They've been here so long it feels like they're JimBo's guys.