Javy Valentin 1b

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Corey Patterson cf

Paul Bako c

Edinson Volquez p

OnBaseMachine
08-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I posted this in another thread:

What an incredibly bad lineup, again. Dusty continues to defy the odds. First of all, Dickerson should be playing center field to get comfortable out there in a new ballpark, plus his arm is stronger than Patterson's. Secondly, why start Valentin over Rosales? Valentin should be gone after this season, why not let Rosales gets some atbats to see if he can help this team next season? At least he's got enough sense to bat Dickerson lead off.

mbgrayson
08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Chris Dickerson lf

Jeff Keppinger ss

Jay Bruce cf

Brandon Phillips 2b

Javy Valentin 1b

Edwin Encarnacion 3b

Corey Patterson cf

Paul Bako c

Edinson Volquez p

Two guys in CF, that is just dumb....lol

Kc61
08-12-2008, 05:48 PM
The Reds just traded Dunn, Griffey and Ross. Votto is on the bereavement list. Dusty is playing lefty hitters against the righty pitcher so that maybe the team can score a couple of runs. This is the lineup you get. Lou Gehrig isn't available.

RedsManRick
08-12-2008, 05:50 PM
The Reds just traded Dunn, Griffey and Ross. Votto is on the bereavement list. Dusty is playing lefty hitters against the righty pitcher so that maybe the team can score a couple of runs. This is the lineup you get. Lou Gehrig isn't available.

And Son-In-Law is in CF over Dickerson because why? Javy is batting ahead of EE why? Javy over Rosales? It's not the players so much, where clearly Dusty is behind the 8 ball. It's the utilization.

RichRed
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
At least he's got enough sense to bat Dickerson lead off.

Leftfielders don't lead off! Somebody check Dusty's meds.

WVRedsFan
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I owuld assume since Hariston isn't ready (didn't they say he might be tonight?), that he's DL bound. I agree with Kc61, there aren't many choices, but batting Javy in the 5 hole is horrible.

I want to see Corey and Jay battle over those balls in center, too.

Reds1
08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Did we ever find out who died in Votto's family? It must have been very serious!

That line up looks very bad by the way!

RedsManRick
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Did we ever find out who died in Votto's family? It must have been very serious!

That line up looks very bad by the way!

Thought I read in the other thread that it was his father.