PDA

View Full Version : Fans react to Dunn trade

TeamBoone
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Well, a handfull of them anyway.

The bolded quote shocked me. I've heard Adam Dunn called a lot of things but never arrogant or a blow hard.

I'm still pretty shook by this whole thing, and these comments didn't help.

Reds Fan React After Surprising Dunn Trade
'Dunn Debate' Rages Between Reds Fans

CINCINNATI -- Reds fans are hotly arguing over the so-called "Dunn Debate" after the Cincinnati Reds traded Adam Dunn to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

The fans have now seen both their super-stars leave after the Reds traded Ken Griffey Jr. earlier.

Some fans told News 5 that it was the end of an era for the Reds.

"I'm sad to see him go I guess. I thought he was a good player. I liked him,” Abby Goodstein said.

But not everyone said they’re going to miss Dunn.

"Thank you lord. Thank you Jesus. God is good. My prayers have been answered,” Coleman Henderson said.

Those who loved him, said they loved what he could do with the bat.

"You know Dunn brings a lot of fans in here and he can hit the long ball, and considering we just got rid of Griffey, I don't know what we're going to have to cheer for anymore,” Mike Hube said.

Errors in the outfield and questionable leadership kept some from ever really embracing him.

"I always thought Dunn was pretty arrogant. I was glad to see him leave. I thought he was always, you know, a big blow hard,” Travis Baum said.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

OnBaseMachine
08-12-2008, 06:28 PM
I think Travis Baum is an uninformed blow hard.

missionhockey21
08-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Talk about someone who must have never followed the Reds outside of listening to Sports Talk. Dunn frequently criticized his performance, stating he wanted to improve and he wasn't satisfied with his results at all.... Travis, dude, that is kind of the opposite from arrogant.

TeamBoone
08-12-2008, 06:34 PM
If you go to the link, I think you can post comments.

RedsManRick
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm so tired of this move towards using random fan comments. ESPN now does it too. If I wanted uninformed drivel I'd ask a coworker or read the latest from Daugherty.

Degenerate39
08-12-2008, 06:36 PM

You can post a new thread on Redszone if you go to that link.

NC Reds
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes, pray for the trade of the most prolific home run hitter the Reds have had in the last thirty years.

Coleman Henderson = Simpleton

Ltlabner
08-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Interviewer: "Pardon me man-on-the-street, do you care to comment on this topic of which you are likely ill-informed?"

Man-on-Street: "Hell ya!.....will this be on Nancy Grace tonight?"

Interviewer: "No sir, I'm with the Dayton Dail...."

Man-on-Street: "Whatever slick, get on with the question".

Interviewer: "Um....yes then. Uh......do you think the nuclear proliferation treaties signed in the 1970's have impacted the geo-political landscape and the creation of hundreds of new power-structures all of which seek to undermine our soverinty?"

Man-on-Street: Blank stare

Interviewer: Do you think nukes are bad?

Man-on-Street: Hell ya I do! Will this be on TV tonight?

KittyDuran
08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
"You know Dunn brings a lot of fans in here and he can hit the long ball, and considering we just got rid of Griffey, I don't know what we're going to have to cheer for anymore,” Mike Hube said.I'd cheer if they start winning some games...:rolleyes:

KronoRed
08-12-2008, 08:18 PM

Why bother? arguing with that is a waste of time :eek:

Joseph
08-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Travis Baum clearly isn't a fan. In fact I think he's arrogant.

Wait, I've become one of them, commenting on that of which I know nothing.

GAC
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I would like one of the anti-Dunns to name me one Reds player, since Dunn has been here, who out-performed the guy in general when one looks at the numbers? Give me a name. Anyone can "cherry pick" at numbers/stats. And that is what some liked to do with Adam. Funny how they had no problem doing that with a Dunn and this "holes in his game" argument; but wouldn't apply it to other Red players whom they seemed to like. ;)

At work last night I heard everything from "Good! About Time" to "Jocketty is a liar!"

Dunn was (or is) not the problem with this team. And that is what bothered me more then anything - fans laying the blame on a player like Dunn.

Big Klu
08-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Travis Baum clearly isn't a fan. In fact I think he's arrogant.

Wait, I've become one of them, commenting on that of which I know nothing.

Maybe Travis Baum saw Adam Dunn eating a Steakhouse Angus Burger at Burger King with Dr. Jonas Salk.

Baum: You're eating the Steakhouse Burger. What did you do to deserve that?

Salk: I discovered the vaccine for polio.

Baum: OK. (To Dunn) What about you?

Dunn: Oh, I hit 32 home runs before I got traded. And I was hungry.

Baum: 32? Is that all?! Why, you arrogant SOB!

Ron Madden
08-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Baseball has two breeds of fans.

"The Casual Fans" believe that everything they hear on radio or happen to read in the sports section is the Gospel Truth. The casual fan fails to realize what they read or hear is just the opinion of someone else and often adopt that opinion.

See Reds.com or 700WLW.

"The Hardcore Fans" also read and hear those same opinions but they dig a bit deeper, research the facts and form their own opinion.

See RedsZone.com.

:)

Tom Servo
08-13-2008, 03:30 AM
Coleman Henderson didn't want to give his real name, but they insisted that they wouldn't print him as being 'BadFundamentals'.

SMcGavin
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm so tired of this move towards using random fan comments. ESPN now does it too. If I wanted uninformed drivel I'd ask a coworker or read the latest from Daugherty.

Agreed. Although at this point a lot of the things you hear from the actual analysts on ESPN could be lumped in the uninformed drivel category as well.