PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas must be stopped

improbus
08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I've read some of the reviews for the upcoming Star Wars movie, and the consensus is that only kids 12 and under will enjoy it. This is coming off of the heels of the Indiana Jones movie that had me shaking my head. George must be stopped for his own good.

Oxilon
08-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah, you tell a man to stop making an easy few hundred million.

Raisor
08-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I'll probably go see it, but I really wish he'd stop with the Clone War era. If they're going to be making digital films, go forward to the New Republic era. We need the Thrawn story in CG yesterday.

Red in Chicago
08-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I never understood how anyone could watch any of that garbage. It's a big snooze-fest for me.

Caveat Emperor
08-15-2008, 01:28 AM
I'll probably go see it, but I really wish he'd stop with the Clone War era. If they're going to be making digital films, go forward to the New Republic era. We need the Thrawn story in CG yesterday.

I support this idea -- the Thrawn trilogy is, IMO, the only worthwhile material to come out of the Star Wars "universe" since Return of the Jedi was released. Making them into a "sequel" is a no-brainer, and making them into a CG movie is a real no-brainer, considering how much easier it would (hopefully) be to convince the principals like Hammil, Fisher and Ford from the original movies to come back for voice work vs. actually doing any acting.

They'd have to let Timothy Zahn write the script, though, or at the very least keep Lucas away from the project. I'd cringe at what Lucas would turn characters like Thrawn and Mara Jade into, given the opportunity.

TheOnlyRedsFan
08-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Thrawn Trilogy were the best Star Wars books I have ever read.

improbus
08-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Lucas is turning his two beloved franchises into laughing stocks. Star Wars was never the Godfather, but it had a good combination of Special Effects, likable characters, and fun story. His new movies only have a plethora of special effects. The characters couldn't be more dull and the story isn't fun at all.

Raisor
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
I support this idea -- the Thrawn trilogy is, IMO, the only worthwhile material to come out of the Star Wars "universe" since Return of the Jedi was released. .

Now, while I agree that they are the best of the new stuff, I disagree that they're the only "worthwhile". Both the New Jedi Order series, and the just completed Legacy of the Force series were tremendous.

Chip R
08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/moviesfeature/dvd/george-stop-now/?GT1=28002

improbus
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/moviesfeature/dvd/george-stop-now/?GT1=28002
Patton Oswalt did a great bit about stopping George Lucas. He said that if he had a time machine, he wouldn't watch history, he would go back to 1993 and hit George over the head with a shovel. Great stuff.

improbus
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Now, while I agree that they are the best of the new stuff, I disagree that they're the only "worthwhile". Both the New Jedi Order series, and the just completed Legacy of the Force series were tremendous.

Wow, I am a nerd, but I am TOTALLY out of my league here...

Chip R
08-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Wow, I am a nerd, but I am TOTALLY out of my league here...

Raisor is in a league by himself as far as being a nerd goes. :p:

improbus
08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
So, do I go to him for my Battlestar Galactica and Stargate questions?

Raisor
08-15-2008, 10:40 AM

Only Classic Galactica.

Johnny Footstool
08-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Only Classic Galactica.

AKA "Battlestar Craptactica"

RFS62
08-15-2008, 02:59 PM
AKA "Battlestar Craptactica"

Yeah, but young Jane Seymour

:pimp:

Johnny Footstool
08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah, but young Jane Seymour

:pimp:

I dug the girl who played the original Athena.

Rojo
08-15-2008, 04:02 PM

Or if you want to swap ideas for Babylon 5 fan fiction.

westofyou
08-16-2008, 01:15 AM
The saddest fact about all the Star Wars mania is that American Graffiti is Lucas's most original and engaging film, yet it is buried beneath the dollars and cents the SW franchise has heaped on his legacy.

RedsBaron
08-16-2008, 07:41 AM
I dug the girl who played the original Athena.

Oh my yes. She was Maren Jensen. Not that Jane Seymour was bad.:thumbup::thumbup:
I also agree with WOY. While I loved the original "Star Wars," "American Graffiti" is probably Lucas's most original work, and certainly his best directorial effort.