PDA

View Full Version : Bengals vs. Lions Game

Caseyfan21
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Anyone have any tips for a first timer at Paul Brown Stadium? My girl got some free tickets from work so we're going to go to the game and this will be the first NFL game I've been to since a preseason game back at the old Riverfront Stadium. I've heard PBS is a great place to see a game but I've never been there myself and I'd love to hear any tips some veterans might have.

Since the Reds game has a great pitching matchup I think we will hit that before and then grab dinner before the Bengals game at PBS. A whole day of Cincinnati fun.

camisadelgolf
08-16-2008, 12:50 PM
When the Lions have the ball, yell like crazy. When the Bengals have the ball, be quiet unless it's immediately after a good play (but shut up when they break out of the huddle).

Keep an eye on Calvin Johnson of the Lions--at the end of his career, we may be saying he is one of the best wide receiver to have ever played the game.

Caseyfan21
08-16-2008, 02:05 PM
When the Lions have the ball, yell like crazy. When the Bengals have the ball, be quiet unless it's immediately after a good play (but shut up when they break out of the huddle).

:laugh:

Thanks, and this should suit my Ohio State cheering strategy well since we don't like Michigan here either. ;)

I was thinking more like stuff to see in the stadium, good stadium food, etc.

Yachtzee
08-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Thanks, and this should suit my Ohio State cheering strategy well since we don't like Michigan here either. ;)

I think they have a Gold Star stand at the stadium if you have a craving for cheese coneys.

Reds Fanatic
08-16-2008, 03:45 PM

I have season tickets so I can probably answer any questions you have. It is a great stadium. There is really not a bad seat in the stadium. In terms of things to see there is a nice large Bengals gift shop on the first level of the stadium. You enter it after you go into the stadium. Food is pretty standard stadium food unless you have club seats on the 2nd level which has its own concession stands. The stadium will open 90 minutes before the game so it should open around 6:05 tomorrow night. Might be an interesting traffic situation in the afternoon as the people that arrive early for tailgating will run into those leaving the Reds game. That is about all I can think of. If you have other questions I can try to answer them.

redsfandan
08-16-2008, 04:07 PM
depending on your transportation/parking you may want to be aware of the parking advisory for sunday if you're not already.

WVRed
08-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Keep an eye on Calvin Johnson of the Lions--at the end of his career, we may be saying he is one of the best wide receiver to have ever played the game.

I would say that about Calvin Johnson if he were playing for any other team.

redsfan30
08-16-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm doing the Cincinnati sports double play tomorrow and I can't wait!

Caseyfan21
08-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm doing as well....looking forward to a great day with 2 wins hopefully.

Matt700wlw
08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Anyone have any tips for a first timer at Paul Brown Stadium? My girl got some free tickets from work so we're going to go to the game and this will be the first NFL game I've been to since a preseason game back at the old Riverfront Stadium. I've heard PBS is a great place to see a game but I've never been there myself and I'd love to hear any tips some veterans might have.

Get to drink free beer and eat free food like I will be. That's my suggestion.

:)

Caseyfan21
08-16-2008, 06:23 PM
I think they have a Gold Star stand at the stadium if you have a craving for cheese coneys.

I have season tickets so I can probably answer any questions you have. It is a great stadium. There is really not a bad seat in the stadium. In terms of things to see there is a nice large Bengals gift shop on the first level of the stadium. You enter it after you go into the stadium. Food is pretty standard stadium food unless you have club seats on the 2nd level which has its own concession stands. The stadium will open 90 minutes before the game so it should open around 6:05 tomorrow night. Might be an interesting traffic situation in the afternoon as the people that arrive early for tailgating will run into those leaving the Reds game. That is about all I can think of. If you have other questions I can try to answer them.

depending on your transportation/parking you may want to be aware of the parking advisory for sunday if you're not already.

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't really have any specific questions...just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any "must see" things in PBS since I've never been there and probably won't make it out to too many Bengals games (unless we get free tickets again). I'm hoping to just find some cheap parking over the river in Kentucky and leave the car for the day. Then hit the Reds game, grab dinner somewhere in Newport/downtown, and then the Bengals game. Looking forward to it!

bthomasiscool
08-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Anybody know if the game is on in the Lexington kentucky area tonight?

Matt700wlw
08-17-2008, 03:00 PM
http://www.bengals.com/team/OntheAir.asp

cincrazy
08-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I haven't been to a Bengals game in a while, and I scored a couple of tickets for tonight's game. The question I have is, when I go to Reds games, I park in the parking lots on Mehring Way, I take it those lots are still available for Bengals games, or do you need some kind of pass?

CrackerJack
08-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Wow, a masochist.