PDA

View Full Version : Another Redszone FF league

joshnky
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
We had a second league last year with a live draft and ppr rules as an option or addition to Chip's league. Last year we went overboard with 16 teams but this year we'll limit it to 10. Live draft will be this Sunday afternoon.

If you're interested its a Yahoo! league and you'll need the following to sign up:
ID#: 459908
Password: adamdunn

Gallen5862
08-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I signed up. I used FSJREDs as the yahoo screen name. You told me about the league in email you sent to Gallen5862@AOL.com. Please continue to send me Info about the league using the Gallen5862 emailor pm my redszone inbox. Thanks.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-20-2008, 06:58 AM
I joined. I'm in as Overzealous TD Dance

cinredsfan2000
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Id be interested if you still have any spots left? P.M. here or Email me at cinredsfan2000@yahoo.com thanks :beerme:

bthomasiscool
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
just login to yahoo and login with the password above that he gave to get in.

I'm in as NastyNati's.

joshnky
08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
We still have 4 spots left. Sign up with the info above if you're interested.

joshnky
08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
We still have 4 spots left. Sign up with the info above if you're interested.

Still need at least one more to make eight and preferably 3 more.

CTA513
08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I signed up as the 8th team.

joshnky
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
From talking to others we need to get 2 more for ten or just not do it.

So two more spots...

Buckeye33
08-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Looks like it filled up to 10. Talk at everyone on Sunday.

joshnky
08-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Looks like it filled up to 10. Talk at everyone on Sunday.

Looks good. The draft will be Sunday at 2 pm.

Joseph
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Sorry I missed getting in Josh. Maybe next year pal.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-24-2008, 02:45 PM
I missed the first 2 rounds trying to get my java software upgraded, oh well could have been worse.

Buckeye33
08-24-2008, 05:53 PM
So what did everyone think of their drafts? Who do you think had the best draft?

I took a different approach to this draft that I have never tried. Might as well try it in a free league right? With it being a PPR league and with there being 4 spots that could use a WR, I went WR heavy then picked up some under the radar starting RBs.

My 4 starting spot WRs = Braylon Edwards, Marques Colston, Anquan Boldin, and Calvin Johnson :eek::eek:

Of course, that left me with Matt Forte as my RB2 which I don't like a lot.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Outside of Larry Johnson, who I think is an iffy pick to rebound from his year last year, I like my team.

I tried something new this year taking the top 2 defenses so I can go on a matchup by matchup basis to get the most points each week.

I could probably use a stronger 3rd WR though.

joshnky
08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
It seems to me that most of the teams are fairly even. That said I'm satisfied with my team:
QB Carson Palmer
WR Andre Johnson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Earnest Graham
TE Todd Heap
W/T Jerricho Cotchery
W/R Selvin Young
K Josh Brown
DEF Tampa Bay

with Driver, Gaffney, Burleson, and Greg Olsen on the bench.

I'm a little weak at running back but Graham should be decent and Selvin Young is due to break out as Denver's number one. Really, the pick I like the least is Carson Palmer. I love the Bengals but I really wanted to stay away from all of them given how they looked last year and this preseason. But I picked him up in the fifth round so the top tier was off the board.

bthomasiscool
08-25-2008, 11:52 AM
My team:

QB: Favre
WR: T.O.
WR: Housh
RB: Barber
RB: Kevin Smith
W/T: Holmes
W/R: Chad Johnson
TE: Tony Gonzalez
K: Gostkowski
Def: Green Bay

Bench: Cutler, Ricky Williams, J. Jones, Ted Ginn Jr.

Fairly happy as well. Tried getting a stud rb, then going strong on the WR. Really depends on how chad's shoulder holds up, if holmes truly does break out, favre stays healthy, etc. etc. I do believe Ginn. Jr. is going to have a big year.

joshnky
08-25-2008, 12:09 PM
My team:

QB: Favre
WR: T.O.
WR: Housh
RB: Barber
RB: Kevin Smith
W/T: Holmes
W/R: Chad Johnson
TE: Tony Gonzalez
K: Gostkowski
Def: Green Bay

Bench: Cutler, Ricky Williams, J. Jones, Ted Ginn Jr.

Fairly happy as well. Tried getting a stud rb, then going strong on the WR. Really depends on how chad's shoulder holds up, if holmes truly does break out, favre stays healthy, etc. etc. I do believe Ginn. Jr. is going to have a big year.

Ginn was a great pick. Having both TJ and Chad is going to cause you problems because they'll take catches from one another and if the Bengals tank so will your team.

bthomasiscool
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Agreed, I have two fantasy teams, this one i ended up with c.j and t.j., and the other team I have Boldin and Fitzgerald. All good players, but risky having both. I'm looking to get rid of either c.j. or t.j in this league and upgrade slightly over kevin smith.

That's the reason I offer so many trades which I apologize for. I do it at work and just do it out of boredom.

NJReds
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I almost forgot about the draft, and did not do any pre-draft planning. As such I ended up with the suspended Brandon Marshall, and a number of injury questions (Berrian, Galloway, McGahee, White). I'm not optimistic.

QB Tony Romo
QB Jake Delhomme
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Laveranues Coles
WR Bernard Berrian
WR Joey Galloway
RB Steven Jackson
RB Willis McGahee
RB LenDale White
RB DeAngelo Williams
TE Jason Witten
TE Heath Miller
K Rob Bironas
DEF Jacksonville

CTA513
08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I forgot about the draft, but I think I it was a pretty good draft anyway.

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Plaxico Burress
WR: Hines Ward
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Reggie Brown
WR: Javon Walker
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Brandon Jacobs
RB: Fred Taylor
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
TE: Vernon Davis

K: Adam Vinatieri

DEF: Chicago

Buckeye33
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Marques Colston
RB Frank Gore
RB Matt Forte
TE Jeremy Shockey
W/T Anquan Boldin
W/R Calvin Johnson
K Neil Rackers
DEF
--empty--

Bench: Santana Moss, V. Jackson, Perry, Chris Johnson, Eli

I could not be more happy with my WRs of course. I love Gore and think Forte will be a solid RB. My only regret is not having a stronger RB2, although I love the potential of Chris Johnson and Perry. In a PPR league, I really like Shockey to have a huge year. I hate the Steelers but believe in Ben to have a good fantasy year, not quite as good as last year but still good.