PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP! Phillilps IS NOT batting 4th!

Matt700wlw
08-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Dickerson, lf

Keppinger, ss

Bphillips, 2b

Votto, 1b

Encarnacion, 3b

Bruce, rf

Patterson, cf

Hanigan, c

Harang, rhp

Highlifeman21
08-22-2008, 05:40 PM
And Patterson isn't leading off....

I just don't get it....

Reds1
08-22-2008, 05:47 PM
that's actually a pretty decent line up. If you have lemons make lemonade

_Sir_Charles_
08-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Other than Patterson starting...that lineup's not to shabby. But good lord, who's Adam have to bribe in order to get a start?!? Sheesh!

Big Klu
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Other than Patterson starting...that lineup's not to shabby. But good lord, who's Adam have to bribe in order to get a start?!? Sheesh!

Which infielder are you going to bench to start him? Because according to another thread, he's only played two games in the OF in his entire minor-league career. Keppinger is starting to swing the bat, so I don't want to take him out, and the other three infielders are key members of the offense.

RedsManRick
08-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Which infielder are you going to bench to start him? Because according to another thread, he's only played two games in the OF in his entire minor-league career. Keppinger is starting to swing the bat, so I don't want to take him out, and the other three infielders are key members of the offense.

If there's any possibility of EE or Votto to LF for 2009, now is a good time to give it a try.

red-in-la
08-22-2008, 08:28 PM
As long as Patterson is in there......I'm OK! :yikes: :censored:

GAC
08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
He's the new "Dunn" :p:

Spring~Fields
08-22-2008, 08:59 PM

These key members of the offense at this stage of the season could use a day off

August Hitting Stats
B. Phillips .197 .247 .451 .697
J. Keppinger .191 .233 .235 .468
E. Encarnacion .188 .257 .344 .601
Jay Bruce .227 .256 .493 .750
C. Patterson .250 .298 .442 .741

and it would not hurt a thing, it might actually help.

Big Klu
08-22-2008, 09:37 PM
If there's any possibility of EE or Votto to LF for 2009, now is a good time to give it a try.

Two things:

1) We don't know if the idea of moving Encarnacion or Votto to LF next year exists anywhere except in the collective hive-mind of RedsZone.

2) Cavernous Coors Field is not the place to start experimenting with corner infielders moving to the OF. Better to begin that experiment at home (or at least in Houston next week).

I am not opposed to Joey Votto playing some in LF. I thought he did a decent job out there last year. However, this is not video game baseball, and he hasn't played out there in nearly a year. I don't know if he has been taking any balls out there in pregame, but you can't reasonably expect him to go out there cold. As for Edwin, I don't not think he is a legitimate consideration for LF next year. IMO, he will either be back at 3B, or he will be playing for someone else.

I also would not be opposed to moving Keppinger to the OF to make room for Rosales at SS, but again, Coors Field is not the place to try that.

These key members of the offense at this stage of the season could use a day off

August Hitting Stats

I'm not opposed to giving any (or all) of those three a day off, but I would prefer not to do it in the first game of the series.

Big Klu
08-23-2008, 03:03 AM
The lineup worked pretty well tonight. Look for it to be the same tomorrow (with the possible exception of Bako at C instead of Hanigan). With a night game on Saturday, and a day game on Sunday, Bako and Hanigan will likely split the starts behind the plate in the two games.

_Sir_Charles_
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM

I would either bench Edwin...or begin the move to Left right NOW. If he botches some plays in Left, then he botches some plays. It's not like this team is going anywhere this season.

He showed us all again why he needs to be moved off of 3B with his spectacular grab and then the rather UN-spectacular throw in the 7th (or was it the 8th inning?). He's got the legs, the glove, the bat and the arm....but his accuracy...good lord. Get him OFF the hot corner.

As for Kepp to the OF and Rosales at SS...I don't have any clue in regards to Kepp in the OF, but Rosales does NOT have the range for a MLB SS. His is about equivalent to Kepp's range (okay, maybe not THAT bad). Rosales is destined for third or first.

Big Klu
08-23-2008, 11:43 AM
I have no idea about Rosales' ability at SS, except that it is the position he has played the most in the minors--though upon looking it up, I see that he hasn't played there regularly since 2006. Keppinger only played a couple of games in the OF for the Reds last year. So that is probably not a viable option, either.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll be more than happy to admit it if I am, but I don't see Encarnacion playing LF for the Reds in 2009. I think that he will either remain at 3B for the Reds, or he will be playing for another team.

VR
08-23-2008, 01:27 PM

August Hitting Stats

Not sure who was the source.....but whomever put Patterson in list of 'key memebers of the offense' should be facing a ban from Redszone. :all_cohol

Spring~Fields
08-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Not sure who was the source.....but whomever put Patterson in list of 'key memebers of the offense' should be facing a ban from Redszone. :all_cohol

:eek:
I apologize for omitting Bako :devil:

Patterson is the bench mark, not saying the bench mark for what though, but when the "key members of the offense" are hitting worse than the bench mark, or poster boy for poor performance, there is room for them to have a day off. ;)