PDA

View Full Version : Lack of threads = tired of Reds?

ChatterRed
08-26-2008, 09:08 AM
I come here everyday to read new threads, and maybe get some info I didn't know. Lately, it seems like everyone has disappeared.

Not a good sign for the Reds, in terms of their fans.

Slyder
08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm just waiting for the rush of offseason rumors and other stuff to begin. Until the playoffs are over its boring for this team (barring a major trade).

tommycash
08-26-2008, 10:11 AM
I have been waiting for a topic I would like to comment about.

CySeymour
08-26-2008, 10:16 AM

And we have a winner!

The thing is, just about every topic that is relevant, is already being covered OR has been beaten to death.

HeatherC1212
08-26-2008, 10:30 AM

That's kind of how I've been too lately. I've also been following the Olympic events more than the Reds games for the last two weeks so I haven't been on here as often. I'll be back now that the Olympics are over but there really isn't much to talk about besides September call ups, Louisville in the playoffs, or potential offseason trades. I'm not a fan of beating subjects to death either so I figured I would be laying low the last couple of weeks until things pick up again.

elfmanvt07
08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the olympics were exciting, but this site has always assisted me in wasting time at work, and it's letting me down! I haven't been to Cincy yet this year, and it sucks that if I DO, it's going to be in a game that doesn't count for anything. Maybe if they call up Stubbs or something, I could go check him out, but that's the most exciting thing I'll be able to see this September :(

CySeymour
08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
I honestly don't think things will get interesting until at least the Winter Meetings. What's Jocketty have of value that he can trade? Maybe Maloney...maybe Thompson...maybe Bailey.

TStuck
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM

To steal a line from the song..."I second that emotion"
The well has sure been dry here of late... a good topic might spark a feeding frenzy.:D

Fon Duc Tow
08-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I started to count my yawns after I switched over to the game the other night.

Then I got up and found something else to do.

I think that's the deal with the Reds.

Just counting the yawns at this point.

BLEEDS
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Pretty much anything that can be posted at this point is just Doom and Gloom.

But, okay fine, I'll bite. I'll put one up in a second.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

freestyle55
08-26-2008, 12:16 PM
All the Adam Dunn is the Devil vs. Adam Dunn is God threads are over and done with so what else is left to talk about this car wreck...I mean team...

OUReds
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Certainly you have to think Wells is one of the favorites for the heisman trophy this year. There are a lot of tailbacks who would love to have Boone and Rehring clearing the way for them. Given his second half performance last year, Boeckman is a bit of a question mark, but overall his numbers were good, and I can't believe he hasn't improved this off season.

What more can you say about the linebacking corp? I certainly didn't expect Laurinaitis to return for his.....

Wait, the Reds are playing the Astros this week?

I knew that.

Ghosts of 1990
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
depressing end to a depressing season. Nothing to discuss when you're disgusted I guess.

akron3344
08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
why would anyone post on an organization that signs Grant Balfour helps him get healthy and then releases him so David Weathers can pitch withTodd Coffey

bounty37h
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
With the crappy season our team has had, and the overboard arguements among fans-those who overvalued Dunn vs those that undervalues him-and the extreme feelings on each side- have just made this season, and this board, tired.

DannyB
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I would be paying alot more attention if Stubbs and a couple pitchers that had a shot next year were here and Patterson,Fogg gone.

UPRedsFan
08-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I would be paying alot more attention if Stubbs and a couple pitchers that had a shot next year were here and Patterson,Fogg gone.

I don't know if I'd say release them, but I'd sure like to see someone from AAA take the playing time of Patterson, Fogg and Majewski!

LouisvilleCARDS
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Around this time of the year, I'm pretty indifferent to the Reds anymore. So far the name players for the team have been traded, looks like Cueto will be shut down, and so on. There's nothing to really play for anymore, except I guess to get out of the cellar and try to play spoiler. I like to watch Volquez and hope he can pull off the NL league ERA lead, but there's simply not much to look forward too really. I wish the Bats were on TV personally, its exciting to see a minor league team play this well.

redsfan1966
08-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I am still a Reds fan, but havent watched a complete Reds broadcast in weeks....this horrific season leads to no interest---hence the lack of threads...

ChatterRed
08-28-2008, 01:13 AM
This thread is really interesting. ;)

cinergy energy
08-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Around this time of the year, I'm pretty indifferent to the Reds anymore. So far the name players for the team have been traded, looks like Cueto will be shut down, and so on. There's nothing to really play for anymore, except I guess to get out of the cellar and try to play spoiler. I like to watch Volquez and hope he can pull off the NL league ERA lead, but there's simply not much to look forward too really. I wish the Bats were on TV personally, its exciting to see a minor league team play this well.

Agreed on the bats. It's just a very unstable situation this time of year,for a team like ours...Wondering if your gonna gget traded, wondering what the front office is thinking? or not;-). I enjoy going up to louisville in our sec.209 that's real ball, they are looking for a job and fight to do so,. We (reds) have a lot of youngens, But I'll end this a reply with a Quote from a former red's player See if ya can quess who said it......"Talent? i dont want talent. I want baseball players,, A man with talent will not learn,,he just looks for the next dollar sign..Baseball players will learn and play rather they r paid or not".

shredda2000
08-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Agreed on the bats. It's just a very unstable situation this time of year,for a team like ours...Wondering if your gonna gget traded, wondering what the front office is thinking? or not;-). I enjoy going up to louisville in our sec.209 that's real ball, they are looking for a job and fight to do so,. We (reds) have a lot of youngens, But I'll end this a reply with a Quote from a former red's player See if ya can quess who said it......"Talent? i dont want talent. I want baseball players,, A man with talent will not learn,,he just looks for the next dollar sign..Baseball players will learn and play rather they r paid or not".

Sparky Anderson???

Chi-Town Red
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Will this team lose 90 games? Now that's something to talk about..

BLEEDS
08-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Will this team lose 90 games? Now that's something to talk about..

That's unpossible - I thought "The winning will start" after Griff and Dunn were traded.

I LOVE this small ball offense. If only our pitchers can keep the other team under 2 runs every game, we might be able to make a run.

Other than the game in Colorado we won 8-5, I seriously can't remember the last time we won a game where the opposing team scored more than 3 runs.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

gedred69
08-30-2008, 03:39 PM
It's the poor outcome. I am especially detached after I spent alot of money I really couldn't afford from Spring training, to a partial season ticket. All because hope springs eternal, and I have been a Reds fan since I was old enough to understand baseball. I shoulda' bought stock in P&G. At least I'd have something significant to show, vs. the last several tickets I've had a hard time even giving away.

kpresidente
08-30-2008, 05:27 PM
That's unpossible - I thought "The winning will start" after Griff and Dunn were traded.

I LOVE this small ball offense. If only our pitchers can keep the other team under 2 runs every game, we might be able to make a run.

Other than the game in Colorado we won 8-5, I seriously can't remember the last time we won a game where the opposing team scored more than 3 runs.

I don't know about Griffey, but we have the exact same winning % without Dunn as we had with him.