PDA

View Full Version : Instant Replay

CySeymour
08-27-2008, 10:51 AM
What do you think? It'll take some time getting use to. I am glad that only homers for now are reviewable. If they allowed plays at the bases to be reviewed, they'd have to institute some rule that managers only get one or two a game.

redsbuckeye
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
All for it.

And why stop at home runs?

CySeymour
08-27-2008, 11:35 AM
All for it.

And why stop at home runs?

What would you want to be reviewable?

Ahhhorsepoo
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
I am still convinced... once the talk of instant replay came into the convo, the umps seemed to blow more homers and such than ever before.. why not get the instant replay.. it makes the job less intensive on one guys call.. makes it less stress for a guy in the field if he "thinks" he saw the ball hit above the line.. seriously.. almost seems like they blew calls on purpose..

Jefferson24
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I would like to see them review tags on the bases, especially second base and home. I think the tag of a base stealer at 2nd is the most blown call of all. Replay's often show the umpire made a bad call. I think it's more important to get it right than to preserve the human element.

redsbuckeye
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
What would you want to be reviewable?

Anything that an umpire might've missed.

And screw homeplate umpires, put in that questec system to determine balls and strikes.

I don't see how getting an entirely objective system that is near 100% accurate (and therefore fair) could be a bad thing to the game. The only reason to keep umpires is they help the speed of the game, but that's debatable.

Orodle
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Instant replay anywhere other than Hrs would make this game 6 hour long.