PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Ramirez

TheOnlyRedsFan
08-29-2008, 03:51 AM
I heard Marty and Hal saying that Ramon will start Saturday? Is that official?

Ghosts of 1990
08-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I dont know who this is

bounty37h
08-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Cool. I met him in Durham last year, he had just been signed not long before I think, and was called up briefly to L-ville. I was at a bar across the street after the game, and nearly the entire L-ville roster came over for drinks, and I got to talk to them- Ramirez was one of them, he didnt talk much, and seemed kind of in awe of what was going on around him.

ChatterRed
08-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Ramirez is probably having the best season of any of the Louisville starters. Not overwhelmingly good, but he has gotten better and better as the season goes on, and is probably their best pitcher, statistically, right now.

TheOnlyRedsFan
08-29-2008, 04:13 PM
I saw him pitch earlier in the year when the Bats came up to play the Clippers. I liked him then

batsfan
08-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Ramirez is probably having the best season of any of the Louisville starters. Not overwhelmingly good, but he has gotten better and better as the season goes on, and is probably their best pitcher, statistically, right now.

Lately, Ramirez has been overwhelmingly good!

GoReds33
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
His 2007 Stats:

Team League W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG
CHA SOU 2 3 4.70 11 9 0 0 0 46.0 41 29 24 6 15 52 0.80 .237
LOU INT 4 5 3.08 19 15 0 0 1 99.1 76 37 34 8 42 93 1.16 .215

HeatherC1212
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Ramirez did a REALLY nice job tonight! He had a couple blips in the first two innings but he kept his composure and then pitching five more innings only giving up a couple more hits overall. He had one inning where I swear he only threw like five pitches! :eek: I couldn't tell what all he was throwing but the pitch speeds were all over the place so he must have been using several different pitches on the Giants throughout the game. He seemed pretty comfortable on the mound and I'd like to see him pitch regularly for the rest of the season because he could be another one to watch for either the rotation or the bullpen next year. Good job by him tonight! :)

scounts22
08-31-2008, 02:24 AM
Ramirez did a REALLY nice job tonight! He had a couple blips in the first two innings but he kept his composure and then pitching five more innings only giving up a couple more hits overall. He had one inning where I swear he only threw like five pitches! :eek: I couldn't tell what all he was throwing but the pitch speeds were all over the place so he must have been using several different pitches on the Giants throughout the game. He seemed pretty comfortable on the mound and I'd like to see him pitch regularly for the rest of the season because he could be another one to watch for either the rotation or the bullpen next year. Good job by him tonight! :)

Great synopsis, Heather, I totally agree. He was well composed and I think getting 5 runs in the 1st definitely helped his confidence. I was quite impressed with what I saw tonight and wished he would have gone one more inning, though at the time, the Reds were up by 3. I think he ended the night with 6 K's. Fantastic outing, good for him!

TheOnlyRedsFan
08-31-2008, 04:04 PM
He def. deserved the win out there last night. Hopefully he can get it in his next start. We dont see a kid make his debut and go 7 innings very often.