PDA

View Full Version : Photo's of Yonder Alonso from Sarasota last night

dougdirt
08-29-2008, 02:49 PM
A photographer friend of mine that also loves baseball stopped in Sarasota last night to get some pictures of Alonso.

http://redsminorleagues.com/images/yonder01.jpg
http://redsminorleagues.com/images/yonder02.jpg
http://redsminorleagues.com/images/yonder03.jpg

OnBaseMachine
08-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Nice pics. I also like the uniform.

redhawk61
08-29-2008, 02:55 PM
those are some really good photos!:thumbup:

OnBaseMachine
08-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Yonder looks a bit like Albert Pujols in that first photo?

Strider
08-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Yonder looks a bit like Albert Pujols in that first photo?

I'd rather he hit like Albert Pujols!

:D

redhawk61
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
he has been my comp. to him all along. I know that is lofty expectations b/c of what Albert is, but their games are just sooooo similar

Oxilon
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Albert Pujols is a future HOF'er. Please don't start the comps for Alonso as a perennial MVP candidate.

OnBaseMachine
08-29-2008, 03:30 PM
FWIW, I'm not comparing Yonder to Pujols as a player. I said he looks similar to Pujols in the face.

RedsManRick
08-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Looks like his build very similar to Votto's. Though that crouch he's got looks a little Pujols-esque, as does his soft face.

RedEye
08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Pujols has a soft face? I always thought it was rather severe. Yonder does have a rather soft face though, almost like he still has baby fat.

redhawk61
08-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Albert Pujols is a future HOF'er. Please don't start the comps for Alonso as a perennial MVP candidate.
I am not saying he is a future HOF, I am just saying he has similar skill sets as Pujouls..low K's, high BBs, spread the ball around the field, similar builds. Whether is relates to anything even half of what Pujouls is as a pro, the tools are similar.

RedEye
08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I am not saying he is a future HOF, I am just saying he has similar skill sets as Pujouls..low K's, high BBs, spread the ball around the field, similar builds. Whether is relates to anything even half of what Pujouls is as a pro, the tools are similar.

Wasn't Pujols already a year into his pro career by this age? I'm not discounting your comparison, just pointing out that Yonder is already Albert him in terms of development (which is no knock on Yonder).

RedEye
08-29-2008, 05:04 PM
To me, Yonder projects more as Nick Johnson with a bit more power. Still a damn fine player though. I don't think anyone compares favorably to Pujols, really in the history of the game.

RichRed
08-29-2008, 06:11 PM
FWIW, I'm not comparing Yonder to Pujols as a player. I said he looks similar to Pujols in the face.

Maybe he's his son.

toledodan
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
those are some really good photos!:thumbup:

just seems like yesterday when we had the same photos of bruce playing down there.:thumbup:

i hope alonso's climb is fast.:beerme:

redsmetz
08-29-2008, 06:19 PM
As annoyed as I was with the shennigans surrounding the signing, etc., I just have say I'm excited seeing these shots of him in a Reds organization uniform.

camisadelgolf
08-30-2008, 02:48 AM
When I just saw Alonso's face, I thought of Sean Watson and Roger Clemens.

Thanks for the great photos, Doug and Dave. Very cool.

VR
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
It's nice to see a player who doesn't have his pants pulled over his shoes. Man I hate that.

Leggings. I remember the ritual of folding them and the socks under the pants just perfectly, good enough to hold up on a slide.

kpresidente
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
It's nice to see a player who doesn't have his pants pulled over his shoes. Man I hate that.

Leggings. I remember the ritual of folding them and the socks under the pants just perfectly, good enough to hold up on a slide.

HA! I was going to say just the opposite. Maybe not pulled over his shoes, but those tight pants scream 1985.