PDA

View Full Version : The Freakin' Pirates

will5979
09-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Is it just me or do the Reds have a problem with these lowly Pirates?

I don't know why, but I hate that team. I guess its because it is so depressing in Pittsburgh. Also being a Bengals fan you hate the Steelers, and being a WVU fan you loathe Pitt, hence I guess my weird hatred for the Pirates. Don't know exactly why, but I wish that team would fold.

redsfanmia
09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
The Pirates are now our biggest rival, we compete every year with them for last place.

akron3344
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I would not call the Pirates lowly, have you assessed how the reds have performed in the last decade, not exactly penthouse results, more like coelenterates or benthic bottom feeding barnacles

FlyerFanatic
09-04-2008, 10:14 PM
I would not call the Pirates lowly, have you assessed how the reds have performed in the last decade, not exactly penthouse results, more like coelenterates or benthic bottom feeding barnacles

havent the pirates actually done worse over the past decade than the reds? arent they at like 17 consecutive losing seasons or something?

akron3344
09-04-2008, 10:17 PM
they have performed worse than the reds but I as a reds fan would not characterize any team as "lowly" given the vast and permeative incompetence of this dreadfully inept and laughable "front office"

BlastFurnace
09-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Is it just me or do the Reds have a problem with these lowly Pirates?

I don't know why, but I hate that team. I guess its because it is so depressing in Pittsburgh. Also being a Bengals fan you hate the Steelers, and being a WVU fan you loathe Pitt, hence I guess my weird hatred for the Pirates. Don't know exactly why, but I wish that team would fold.

It's because the Steelers annually thrash the Bengals. It's hard to separate the two.

will5979
09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
It's because the Steelers annually thrash the Bengals. It's hard to separate the two.

Actually I don't really mind that they thrash the Bengals because the Bengals have traditionally sucked with a capital S, but I really hate to see the Reds lose to the Pirates. I just hate that city, it is so freakin depressing!