PDA

View Full Version : Scout's opinion on Homer Bailey

OnBaseMachine
09-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Homer Bailey won a game. Bailey wins, Bailey wins, Bailey wins!!!

Poor Homer had gone 21 starts in the majors and minors without a win, but he got one in the International League playoffs Thursday, a 19-3 Louisville win over Durham. And Homer had a 19-0 lead.

But a scout from another team saw the game and said, “Best I’ve seen Homer this year. He was very good. He was throwing strikes and throwing four pitches. And he was throwing 95 and 96 miles an hour in the sixth inning.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/

kpresidente
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
That's encouraging.

TC81190
09-05-2008, 05:35 PM
No point in selling low. Let's see if he can't put it together (especially if we are trading Cueto for Holliday ;) )

SirFelixCat
09-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Let's hope that this is the beginning of Homer re-finding himself. I mean, he's still 21 isn't he?

OnBaseMachine
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Let's hope that this is the beginning of Homer re-finding himself. I mean, he's still 21 isn't he?

He turned 22 on May 3rd.

kpresidente
09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Homer's pitching better now that he's off the radar again?

I really think the guy's had too much pressure hefted on him. Some guys can handle it at that age, but from his quotes in the papers, Homer doesn't sound like one of them.

They need to take their time with him. I'd leave him in Louisville all year next season. No mid-season call-ups unless he's really dominating, which he hasn't yet.

Will M
09-05-2008, 10:45 PM
the only way i trade homer is for another 'failed prospect'. someone who (like Homer) may need a new start.

trading Homer when his value is so low otherwise makes little sense.

Mario-Rijo
09-06-2008, 12:49 AM
the only way i trade homer is for another 'failed prospect'. someone who (like Homer) may need a new start.

trading Homer when his value is so low otherwise makes little sense.

Phillip Hughes? But seriously that is encouraging for Homer to maybe start finding himself and settle into a forte so to speak.

fitz1
09-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Hopefully Homer has found the solution to his problems this year. What a disaster it has been for someone with so much talent. Let's hope he can put together a couple more great starts so he can head into the offseason with a better frame of mind than if he had terrible games since April with no turnaround. If he has "found himself" it sure gives great competition for the #5 starter for next year. Bailey, Rameriz, Livingston, Maloney, Pettyjohn????? What a great state the Reds are in; how long has it been that we have four solid starters (assuming Harang is back to form) plus very viable #5 starters? It enable us to trade one of the promising starters for an everday position starter.

UPRedsFan
09-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Don't forget Owings for the 5th starter!

redhawk61
09-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Don't forget Owings for the 5th starter!
and RH power bat to play LF:thumbup: