PDA

View Full Version : I Love Cris Collinsworth

improbus
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Is there a better Analyst? (as long as he stays away from Michael Phelps mom...)

bubbachunk
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I personally can't stand him. He is pompous.

RBA
09-08-2008, 11:19 PM
He's an idiot.

Yachtzee
09-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I've always found him to be a good analyst in that he is one who does his homework. I like guys that not only know the teams that are playing, but understand their basic schemes and pay attention to basic things like who is on the field and who made what play. Analysts I can't stand are those that make loud pronouncements about how the game is supposed to be played, but then think every big play is made by Ray Lewis, even when Ray Lewis isn't on the field.

Lately I've also been bugged about the hero worship analysts tend to have with certain players. Watching the end of the CBS early games, it was ridiculous. It was apparent that Brett Favre won his first game as a Jet and threw his 4 millionth TD pass, Tom Brady got hurt, and some other teams played a little football today. Give me bonus coverage on the games and the scores first, then worry about interviewing Lord Brett or updating us on the Golden Child's knee.

*BaseClogger*
09-09-2008, 12:33 AM
He's on numerous worst announcer lists...

Yachtzee
09-09-2008, 09:55 AM
He's on numerous worst announcer lists...

Which are matters of opinion of course. When it comes to football announcers, I generally like Dr. Z's list for SI, (even though I don't care for some of his other stuff) because he rates announcers based on criteria I find important, like attention to the game, giving correct information, providing insight and not going off on long tangents while play is going on. If there's one thing that bugs me about watching sports is having an announcer miss an entire series of downs because they thought people were more interested in their dumb story instead of the game.

Another person people slag all the time but I feel is a great color announcer is Deion Sanders. I saw him call a Bengals game last season for the NFL Network where he had clearly studied the Bengals playbook and tendencies and was able to identify plays on formation.

nate
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
I always think of shampoo when I see him on TV.

George Anderson
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I used to kinda like CC till he started co hosting McConnells show on WLW a few years back and Mike made him look like a complete goof.

He has a very strange hatred for the Indianapolis Colts also.

Unassisted
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I thought he seemed out of his element at the Olympics. Maybe NBC was short-handed?

Matt700wlw
09-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I used to kinda like CC till he started co hosting McConnells show on WLW a few years back and Mike made him look like a complete goof.

He has a very strange hatred for the Indianapolis Colts also.

Mike had a co-host?

I know he did back in the Dayton rock n roll days (Eddie Fingers, I believe), but I didn't know he did as a talk show host.

George Anderson
09-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Mike had a co-host?

I know he did back in the Dayton rock n roll days (Eddie Fingers, I believe), but I didn't know he did as a talk show host.

Yes it was like 5 years ago. Collinsworth was like a cohost with McConnell for something like three days a week. It only went on for like maybe 2-3 months tops, but I just remember CC and his left wing views getting roasted pretty hard by Mike and the callers.

redsfan1966
09-09-2008, 11:12 PM
I kind of like Collinsworth---once you get past the "aw shucks" factor, he seems well prepared. Deion Sanders was also mentioned earlier; I too find him to be a lot better than most give him credit for. On a related note; what was the deal with the second MNF game last night?? Golic, Greenburg and Ditka sounded like three morons in a sports bar trying to talk over each other.....

paintmered
09-09-2008, 11:30 PM
On a related note; what was the deal with the second MNF game last night?? Golic, Greenburg and Ditka sounded like three morons in a sports bar trying to talk over each other.....

Mike and Mike need to stick to their radio show. The only thing worse than the announcing in that game was the game itself.

NorrisHopper30
09-09-2008, 11:31 PM
If you've ever played a game of Madden 09 you'll hate Cris Collinsworth.

Matt700wlw
09-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Yes it was like 5 years ago. Collinsworth was like a cohost with McConnell for something like three days a week. It only went on for like maybe 2-3 months tops, but I just remember CC and his left wing views getting roasted pretty hard by Mike and the callers.

I'll have to ask him about that....sounds like a good story :)

Dom Heffner
09-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I just remember CC and his left wing views getting roasted pretty hard by Mike and the callers.

The guy was probably outnumbered 1,000,000 to 1. "Roasted" is a relative term.

And most of the audience was probably listening just to get to the commercials to learn how to trade out their cash for gold.

GAC
09-16-2008, 02:28 PM
It's that Jacksonville accent. ;)

thatcoolguy_22
09-17-2008, 07:32 AM
I like CC for the majority of the reasons listed above.

Worst announcer slash analyst probably in the history of the NFL... Emmit Smith

Great RB, garbage analyst. I cringe listening to him talk