PDA

View Full Version : Those stubborn Redlegs

Jr's Boy
09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
These boys refuse to lose.These young player's are really fun to watch,and what a game saving diving catch from Jay Bruce.Team seems real loose and playing with heart.

redhawk61
09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
How about that Jay Bruce, over his last 10 games, 12-33 .364AVG, 2 HR, 6 RBI's, and the most impressive 10 BB's to only 5 K's. He is now hitting .263/.322/.446 .768 OPS. My goal for him his first year was a .780 OPS so if he continues on this pace, he should reach that and have had a very successful Rookie year and be well on his way to be the hitter that he has been touted to be

ChatterRed
09-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah, even without knowing the stats, I noticed he was hitting better and taking more walks. I think he finally caught on about taking walks. ;)

HeatherC1212
09-09-2008, 12:32 AM
I love watching these young guys battle to the very end! It makes me feel good about the future of this team. :jump:

Kingspoint
09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Young guys with their ups and downs.

71 RBI's for a starting 1st Baseman is pretty horrible, but I love what Votto has done in his the 1st 540 AB's of his career.

Dickerson next season should drop to something in the 770's for OPS and that would be great for a CenterFielder. Bruce should improve his OPS next year. Encarnacion's OPS has improved every season, and it will improve again, approaching the 840's for the season. Phillips will have a season similar to his last two. Keppinger will be a perfect Utility player. Patterson will be gone. Shaun Cumberland will take his place and hit better while being. Hairston has earned a return, if he wants it, otherwise there are other Outfield options. Gonzalez will finally earn that contract of his at SS. We have more Catching options than we had going into this season.

carmack42
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
We should just go ahead and tell them next season that we've already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Who knows how far we'll go! :)

CySeymour
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Young guys with their ups and downs.

71 RBI's for a starting 1st Baseman is pretty horrible, but I love what Votto has done in his the 1st 540 AB's of his career.

Considering he's been jerked around the lineup so much, that isn't so bad.

bounty37h
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
certainly leaves reason for optimism for next season at least! Hopefully next year we dont have to get our usual excitment towards end of season just by playing spolier to other teams, it is fun, but more fun to be in it I am sure! But, I love this style of ball, more fun to watch an entire game of this kind then what we have seen most of the year! It is an exciting team with an exciting future, and now that the team seems to have accepted it is a future and are working with that goal, we should start to see a better product, one with an identity.

mace
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Considering he's been jerked around the lineup so much, that isn't so bad.

Considering, also, the number of distinctly low OBPs in the lineup, meaning there haven't been a lot of guys to drive in. Hairston is an exception, but he was far removed from Votto in the lineup. Dunn and Griffey were exceptions, but neither was much of a threat to score from first on a double. Then there's Patterson, Keppinger, Phillips, Bruce . . .

That said, Votto, as a first baseman, has to supply a bit more muscle next year. That said, chances are good that he will. You have to love the way he swings the bat.

Orodle
09-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I hate this because it happens every season.

I love watching these young guys battle to the very end! It makes me feel good about the future of this team. :jump:

HeatherC1212
09-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I hate this because it happens every season.

Why did you quote my post? :confused: There are other people who feel the same way as me. It is nice to see the younger guys stepping up and showing what they can do right now. If you want to be negative that's fine but don't bring me down with you. Apparently any optimism isn't allowed here even when the guys are playing good baseball lately which is nice to see after all the games of complete and utter crap we've been subjected to this season. :rolleyes:

Orodle
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm sorry. I'm full of optimism every year...but this season is different, fed up with it. Not so much the players themselves but some of the decisions and lack of decisions made my the organization/personel. Corey Patterson blows my mind to high heaven.

Jr's Boy
09-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes Heather,I was hoping for a positive thread on watching the young players and how they have come together and playing with a lot of fight in them.I forgot this was RZ,where every thread is open to scrutiny,no matter how positive and well meaning it may be.

Kingspoint
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
EE and Bruce Wayne going back-to-back tonight and Wilkin Castillo batting .600! right now.

I love the REDS right now.