PDA

View Full Version : WTS (Who To Start?): Week 2

Caveat Emperor
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I had a good week from my non-stud RB corps last week -- and with Brady gone, I need to make sure that continues.

Which 2 would you start out of this group:

Reggie Bush @ WAS
Earnest Gaham v. ATL
Chris Jonson @ CIN
Matt Forte @ CAR
Ricky Williams @ ARI

HotCorner
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
If it's PPR, Bush and Johnson. If not, Forte and Johnson.

Edd Roush
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
If it's PPR, Bush and Johnson. If not, Forte and Johnson.

I agree. Johnson is a must start against the Bengals. Forte also looked very good against a good defense Sunday night, so if it's not PPR, I'd give Forte the other spot.

I have LT who will start no matter what, but I have another RB and flex spot to fill with either Maroney, McGahee, DeAngelo Williams, Fred Taylor or Marvin Harrison. Thoughts?

Caveat Emperor
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
I agree. Johnson is a must start against the Bengals. Forte also looked very good against a good defense Sunday night, so if it's not PPR, I'd give Forte the other spot.

I have LT who will start no matter what, but I have another RB and flex spot to fill with either Maroney, McGahee, DeAngelo Williams, Fred Taylor or Marvin Harrison. Thoughts?

Maroney & Harrison would be my two picks.

Buckeye33
09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Maroney & Harrison would be my two picks.

I agree with this.

thatcoolguy_22
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Maroney will see his workload increase as the pats realize Cassel is not as good as he looked against KC. Start MARONEY! I always like Harrison as well. Manning can chuck it and he does a good job of spreading out his throws to the WR corps...

HumnHilghtFreel
09-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Tough decision week for my second team.

Out of these WR, who should be my starting 3.

Colston vs Washington
Welker vs NYJ
Crayton vs Philly
DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
Eddie Royal vs San Diego

Buckeye33
09-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Colston vs Washington
Welker vs NYJ
Crayton vs Philly
DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
Eddie Royal vs San Diego

That is who I would start. Marshall comes back for Denver and will suck up many of the catches Royal got in week #1. Royal was also playing an awful team in Oakland.

Jackson is a clear cut starter and if the Eagles have a chance in this game it will be a shoot out.

I still think Welker is a WR2, especially in PPR league, since Cassel will need to check down a lot.

RedEye
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
We start two RB, two WR, and a RB-WR-TE. I've got LT, Braylon and Marshall, so they will all start, but I need to choose one more RB and a flex player from the following list:

Reggie Bush @ Washington
Matt Forte @ Carolina
Darren McFadden @ KC

Right now I'm leaning towards Bush and McFadden (higher picks) but Forte made a good case for himself last week, too...

HumnHilghtFreel
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
McFadden hurt his shoulder, so keep an eye on that as the week progresses, RedEye. But as long as he's healthy, he'd be worth the start against the Chiefs. If it's PPR then Bush is easily the next best option.

And for myself, this may seem like a no brainer, but I'm considering starting Anthony Fasano(vs Arizona) over Kellen Winslow(vs Pitts). What do you guys think? Pittsburgh has a tough defense and I think that Pennington is going to rely heavily on his TE, especially one of catching a few balls. Also factoring in is that I've gone over Winslow's production historically against the Steelers and it isnt great.

NJReds
09-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Tough decision week for my second team.

Out of these WR, who should be my starting 3.

Colston vs Washington
Welker vs NYJ
Crayton vs Philly
DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
Eddie Royal vs San Diego

Colston's out for 4-to-6 weeks.

I'd go with Welker, Crayton and Jackson.

RedEye
09-10-2008, 01:54 PM
And for myself, this may seem like a no brainer, but I'm considering starting Anthony Fasano(vs Arizona) over Kellen Winslow(vs Pitts). What do you guys think? Pittsburgh has a tough defense and I think that Pennington is going to rely heavily on his TE, especially one of catching a few balls. Also factoring in is that I've gone over Winslow's production historically against the Steelers and it isnt great.

This is the kind of choice that makes fantasy so hard. Your logic is sound--in terms of match-ups and game plans, Fasano is the one to pick. However, against all these odds, Winslow is still the one with the talent to blow up and give you a that elite game that will win you the week. It's that kind of potential that would make me choose Winslow: I'd rather choose a guy who could give me between 2 and 30 points (Winslow) than a guy who ranges between 7 and 15 (Fasano). I go with Kellen here.

Another way to think about it: I'd rather regret leaving Fasano's 15 points on the bench than pull my hair out over missing out on Winslow's 30-point explosion.

Edd Roush
09-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am just afraid of starting Maroney when he splits carries pretty much down the middle with Sammie Morris. Also, I am afraid of starting Marvin Harrison with three other good receivers on the team (Wayne, Gonzalez and Clark).

I think I am going to end up going with Maroney and DeAngelo Williams. I know Williams is up against the Bears but I feel a lot better with some one I know will get 20 touches (Williams) than one who may not get more than 5 looks from Peyton (Harrison).

joshnky
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am just afraid of starting Maroney when he splits carries pretty much down the middle with Sammie Morris.

Personally, I think Morris will provide better numbers for fantasy owners than Maroney, especially in PPR leagues. He performed well last year and also had a good first week. At the very least, he will keep Maroney from putting up RB1 type numbers.

Michael Young
09-11-2008, 10:46 AM
alright folks here is my conundrum

start 1 WR and 1 W/R from this list:
ted ginn jr.
kevin walter
sammy morris
tim hightower

i'm thinking walter and morris.

walter really did great for me in week 1 and i think he'll have a solid fantasy season...

i'm not ready to give up on ginn, but he seems the clear-cut choice to head to the bench in this situation

thoughts?

Edd Roush
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Okay, I have one more question. I drafted Dallas Clark in the seventh round of my 10 team draft and after his injury last Sunday night, I think I need to pick up another TE to cover me for at least this Sunday. Considering Rosario's big day for Carolina last Sunday I am considering him or Bo Scaife for Tennessee. Scaife is going against the Bengals, any thoughts?

Edd Roush
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM

ted ginn jr.
kevin walter
sammy morris
tim hightower

walter really did great for me in week 1 and i think he'll have a solid fantasy season...

i'm not ready to give up on ginn, but he seems the clear-cut choice to head to the bench in this situation

thoughts?

I do agree you are in a tight spot. Like you stated, Walter will like give you less variance in his week-to-week starts, but I think Ginn has a much better chance of putting up some big weeks. You just have to decide how many points you think you are going to need from that WR spot, if you need a big day, I'd go with Ginn, but if you just need 5 points, I'd go with Walter.

As for the Flex, I'm pretty sold on Sammy Morris. He's stealing a lot of carries from Laurence Maroney and he had a good week last week. I always prefer starting a RB over a WR at the flex unless I have no real choice.

NJReds
09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Okay, I have one more question. I drafted Dallas Clark in the seventh round of my 10 team draft and after his injury last Sunday night, I think I need to pick up another TE to cover me for at least this Sunday. Considering Rosario's big day for Carolina last Sunday I am considering him or Bo Scaife for Tennessee. Scaife is going against the Bengals, any thoughts?

I'm assuming Fasano's not available? Pennington doesn't have a big arm, and will check down to the TE. I think Fasano will get a lot of looks.

Not sure about Rosario or Scaife.

FutureRedsGM
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I had a good week from my non-stud RB corps last week -- and with Brady gone, I need to make sure that continues.

Which 2 would you start out of this group:

Reggie Bush @ WAS
Earnest Gaham v. ATL
Chris Jonson @ CIN
Matt Forte @ CAR
Ricky Williams @ ARI

Bush / Johnson

FutureRedsGM
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM

ted ginn jr.
kevin walter
sammy morris
tim hightower

thoughts?

Definitely Ginn and Morris. No question.

FutureRedsGM
09-12-2008, 10:23 AM

Scaife was a good (not great) option when VY was favoring him. Now, with Collins throwing the ball, I'm not sure how many touches he will get. In a ten team league, you should have better options on the waiver wire than Scaife and Rosario. What about Olsen from CHI, Scheffler from DEN, Miller from OAK?

Edd Roush
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming Fasano's not available? Pennington doesn't have a big arm, and will check down to the TE. I think Fasano will get a lot of looks.

Not sure about Rosario or Scaife.

Fasano was available. In the end, I seem to agree with your rationale. I really only need a tight end for this week, because as soon as Dallas Clark is back, he will be in the lineup. But with Rosario only practicing a couple of times because of his foot, I think Fasano should put up better numbers. Plus, I'd rather have my tight end go up against the Cardinals than the Bears.

Dom Heffner
09-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Gosh, Caveat. I'd almost sit Bush and play Graham. He should have a great week against the Falcons, especially since Gruden said he will get him involved more.

I also like players at home versus the road, and while I haven't checked, Bush can't be faster/better on grass, can he?

Caveat Emperor
09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Gosh, Caveat. I'd almost sit Bush and play Graham. He should have a great week against the Falcons, especially since Gruden said he will get him involved more.

I also like players at home versus the road, and while I haven't checked, Bush can't be faster/better on grass, can he?

After this week's effort, Graham is a must-play every week for me. He's just an impressive runner that never seems to go down on first contact and has actually shown a bit of explosion as well.

I'll rotate in Chris Johnson (who I started this week), Matt Forte, and Reggie Bush based on the matchups.

Even though I didn't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds, I really like the group I ended up with.

Edd Roush
09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
After this week's effort, Graham is a must-play every week for me. He's just an impressive runner that never seems to go down on first contact and has actually shown a bit of explosion as well.

I'll rotate in Chris Johnson (who I started this week), Matt Forte, and Reggie Bush based on the matchups.

Even though I didn't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds, I really like the group I ended up with.

As long as you avoided Tom Brady and Marques Colston in the first couple rounds, it looks like you ended up with a pretty good team.

Too bad I had to draft LT who seems to be falling apart and Willis McGahee who can't stay healthy.