PDA

View Full Version : wow 2 penalties for 12 men on the field , this is the nfl rite?

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 02:50 PM
somebody shoot me

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 02:51 PM
go from a 3 and short to a 3 and long

just wow

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 03:02 PM
way to send perry straight up the middle into haynesworth on 3 and 2 bratkowski you fool

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
come on people i know i'm not the only 1 watching this garbage

LoganBuck
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
How bad is it? Direct TV has Channel 7 from Dayton off the air because of technical difficulties.

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 03:33 PM
its the worst 'professional' football that i have ever seen. no lie it is like we are in a time machine back to 99-00

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
the wind isnt helping but thats just a losers excuse

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
bengals have 1 first down in the 2 half

MWM
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
This very well could wind up being as bad as any team of the Mike Brown era.

Michael Young
09-14-2008, 03:39 PM
i will be amazed if palmer survives the entire season without suffering a serious injury

GAC
09-14-2008, 03:43 PM
How bad is it? Direct TV has Channel 7 from Dayton off the air because of technical difficulties.

Yep. I guess the wind storm, which is horrific, blew the Bengals game right off the screen. Thank God for our whole house generator, because the whole area up here has no power.

I'm watching the Panther-Bears game on Directv, and its a humdinger too!

GAC
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
24-7 final score

Maybe it was a merciful God who blew Dayton 7 off the air, to spare those watching - seeing just how bad the Bengals played in the 2nd half.

WVRed
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
This very well could wind up being as bad as any team of the Mike Brown era.

I think I will skip on watching the Bengals-Giants game next week.

It's time to blow the whole thing up.

Fire Marvin, Fire Bratkowski, trade Chad, TJ, and anybody else besides Palmer of value, and stockpile draft picks. This team is a downright embarrassment.

MWM
09-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I really hope the trade Palmer. He's a class guy and a great QB. I honestly think he could be one of the top QBs in the game on just about any other team. I sincerely hope he's not punished to an entire career in Cincinnati.

WVRed
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
I really hope the trade Palmer. He's a class guy and a great QB. I honestly think he could be one of the top QBs in the game on just about any other team. I sincerely hope he's not punished to an entire career in Cincinnati.

I don't think it would be financially possible to trade Palmer. He has a hefty contract I believe and even though a lot of the problems on the team are not his fault(patchwork O-Line, no RB, aging wideouts), teams are going to pay top dollar for performance.

As much as I agree with you, I suffice to say Carson Palmer is the type of player you build a franchise around. Stockpile picks and put the primary focus on building up an offensive line. That's why I liked the Jets draft a couple years ago with Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The Bengals really need to take notice.

MWM
09-14-2008, 11:14 PM
The Bengals really need to take notice.

They haven't taken notice of anything for 17 years. Mike Brown knows as much about what it takes to build a football team as I know about building a lasre guided missile.

bucksfan2
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM

Maybe he is classy but he has played like absolute crap this season. He has the ability to audible at any time. He isn't making the right reads. He isn't finding the hot receiver. He isn't playing well at all. For years Carson has gotten a free pass. He isn't the top 5 QB we have seen in the past. Where does the blame come from?

On a side note Larson and Grahm are awful. The Titans kicker kicked two balls into the endzone dead into the wind, Grahm can't even kick the ball into the endzone down wind. Larson can't kick the ball out of his shadow.

cincrazy
09-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Maybe he is classy but he has played like absolute crap this season. He has the ability to audible at any time. He isn't making the right reads. He isn't finding the hot receiver. He isn't playing well at all. For years Carson has gotten a free pass. He isn't the top 5 QB we have seen in the past. Where does the blame come from?

On a side note Larson and Grahm are awful. The Titans kicker kicked two balls into the endzone dead into the wind, Grahm can't even kick the ball into the endzone down wind. Larson can't kick the ball out of his shadow.

You're correct, Carson Palmer is playing like crap. That can't be disputed. but after three years of complete chaos, of no running game, of no protection, its taken its toll on him. He's physically and mentally beaten. I don't know if there's a QB in the game that could survive in this scenario.

This ship has hit the iceberg, and there's really not much the captain can do about it.

Reds4Life
09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
He plays like he's afraid of being hit, he's rushing, with that O-line it's no wonder why. He's going to be lucky if he gets to finish the season without being injured.

MWM
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Baloney. Carson didn't wake up and forget how to play QB all of a sudden. Petyon Manning himself couldn't do much better than he's doing in this situation. Carson gets a pass because he deserves it trying to play in the situation he's in. There's not a QB in the history of the game who could possibly be good playing for the Bengals right now.

bucksfan2
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Baloney. Carson didn't wake up and forget how to play QB all of a sudden. Petyon Manning himself couldn't do much better than he's doing in this situation. Carson gets a pass because he deserves it trying to play in the situation he's in. There's not a QB in the history of the game who could possibly be good playing for the Bengals right now.

Baloney! When I watch Manning he doesn't get hit. He gets the ball out quickly to avoid the hit. He finds the hot route and hits it. The Bengals don't hit any quick slants. They have done a very very poor job of getting the ball into their playmakers hands. Its really a shame to see Perry run right up the guy when he has proven that is not his forte.

Carson threw one ball down the field yesterday. I don't know who is calling the plays but they are awful. IMO Carson is too worried about getting hit and has developed happy feet. You don't win football games with a QB back there afraid to get hit. After two weeks both Flacco and Collins have outplayed Palmer. Say what you want about him but he isn't the same guy who was out there just a few years ago.

MWM
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Baloney! When I watch Manning he doesn't get hit. He gets the ball out quickly to avoid the hit. He finds the hot route and hits it. The Bengals don't hit any quick slants. They have done a very very poor job of getting the ball into their playmakers hands. Its really a shame to see Perry run right up the guy when he has proven that is not his forte.

How quickly people have forgotten Peyton's dismal performances over his career when other team's have been able to get pressue on him. Manning doesn't get hit? That's just not true at all. He's had some awful games, and it's always been in the face of relentless pressure. There have been plenty of them as recently as last year's playoffs. Tom Brady looked pretty dimsal in the Super Bowl last year in the face of serious pressure. That's what Carson is facing every single game and he looks pretty much like Manning or Brady in those situations. No QB alive could handle what's being thrown at Carson right now.

Dom Heffner
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I think the Madden video game has turned everyone into an armchair quarterback.

"Hot routes." That's great.

MWM
09-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Yap. And it's not like defenses are completely oblivious to what the "hot routes" are. Sometimes, even those guys are covered. I didn't see Manning hitting a whole lot of hot routes against Pittsburgh in the playoffs a few years back after he had the best year of his career. That was one of the best QB seasons ever. Manning was brilliant that year, and Pittsburgh pressured him relentlessly in the AFC title game and he looked awful, about like Plamer has looked this season thus far.

Michael Young
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
i think the truth is somewhere closer to the middle. carson isnt the reason for the bengals struggles, but even when he has had time to throw he has often been late or inaccurate

however i don't see how you can blame him for having happy feet. who wouldnt with that line in front of them?

Tony Cloninger
09-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Last year he had more time and still struggled more than he had.....plus not having real 3rd WR when henry was out.

He seems to need Henry and a good pass catching RB more than we realize...but then again what QB could not use those things.

bucksfan2
09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
I think the Madden video game has turned everyone into an armchair quarterback.

"Hot routes." That's great.

Don't play Madden. What is so hard to understand about the "hot routes"? In order for Carson to be successful he needs to be able to read the defense. If a certain play is called yet the defense is lining up to blitz he needs to know where he can get the ball off to first. If a deep pass is the first option and the D sends 7 guys Carson is highly unlikely to complete that pass. On the other hand if a TE slips out to the spot that a blitzing LB vacated that is more likely to be completed.

Carson isn't playing well and there is no doubt about that. The protection has been poor and no one is going to doubt that. But the offense has scored 1 offensive TD in 8 quarters. I don't know who ultimately makes the play calls but the Bengals aren't moving the ball. Running the ball right up the gut with Perry isn't working. Perry isn't the type of runner to be successful running between the tackles. It is kind of ironic that the sole TD the Bengals have scored came on an outside run in which Perry made a move to break out of a tackle.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Wasn't there also the fact that he played the Ravens as well as the Titans in a 75 mph wind storm?