PDA

View Full Version : Votto & Bruce drill 20th homers in first inning

ChatterRed
09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Congrats Joey & Jay!!!

Reds first 5 batters get hits.

Right now, Cueto and Harang are wondering where this offensive support is when they pitch. ;)

ChatterRed
09-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Votto homers again in the 3rd! Woo-hoo!!!

Not trying to be a game thread, but had to celebrate this. This is fun watching the Brew-Crew go down. They are in full panic mode. Let Suppan pitch the second inning and then yanked him.

nemesis
09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah... We really need to trade this Votto guy... All he's done in his first 158 games is hit .290, hit 26 HR, drive in 93 runs and have an OPS of .840...

You build around this type of player not trade them for veterans.

I want this team to use the Minnesota method of winning. Draft, develop, push til arbitration trade for more talent. Keep a couple of your core guys and pay them well. In Minnesota it is Mauer and Moreneau. It could be Bruce and Votto here.

I don't want Holiday or Manny or CC. Build from within. Trade Cordero. Let Weathers and Affeldt walk... Use the kids in the minors and keep the talent rising to the top...

ChatterRed
09-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Amazing what a difference a good 5th starter can make. I know I'm stating the obvious, but this revolving door has been part of the problem.

nemesis
09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
the "5th" starter is 3 -19 on this team...

Fogg 2-7 14 starts 7.58 ERA
Bailey 0-6 8 starts 7.93 ERA
Belisle 1-4 6 starts 7.28 ERA
Thompson 0-2 3 starts 6.91 ERA

31 Games our team had NO chance in.

Chatter might have a argument there... LOL

Saying those stats are ugly would be... I dont know what it would be it it would be something... BAD.

ChatterRed
09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
You beat me to it. I was just thinking about doing an analysis of our 5th starters. Good work.

Clearly a huge portion of our loss column.

jmac
09-19-2008, 10:05 PM
You beat me to it. I was just thinking about doing an analysis of our 5th starters. Good work.

Clearly a huge portion of our loss column.

True and Ramirez has performed admirably compared to the ones listed.

redhawk61
09-19-2008, 10:11 PM
5th spot will be one heck of a race.

and for me my order goes:
1.Owings
2.Ramirez
3.Thompson
4.Bailey
5.Maloney
6.Masset

George Foster
09-19-2008, 11:37 PM
If I remember right, Bruce did not come up until May, so 20 hrs, is even more impressive!

HeatherC1212
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
I was at the game tonight and that was a serious home run show the guys were putting on for the fans! :D There were only about 20,000 fans there but at times it sounded like a big party which was really fun. My mom and I said that Joey and Jay were playing the game of "anything you can do, I can do better" with their HRs tonight! ;) I think the only thing Joey did better than Jay tonight was getting 4 RBIs to Jay's 3 RBIs along with hitting a HR bomb practically into the Ohio River. Jay's were still sent a mile but the second HR Joey hit was absolutely crushed and very nearly left the ballpark! Who said Joey needs to show more power!? I think he listened tonight, LOL :laugh: Every time a Red came up to bat we thought they were going to hit another one because it was just one of those nights. I had a fantastic time and it was SO much fun to watch this game in person. Two moments that cracked me up were when Bruce grounded out to Prince and had to run to first seeing Prince Fielder plowing towards him (I wouldn't want to run right at Prince!) and then Joey grounded out to the 2B (I think) and when the throw came to Prince, it was off line so he ran to Joey to tag him out and Joey fell over! I think Prince about ran him over and poor Joey looked like the last thing he wanted was to be run over by Prince tonight, LOL :laugh: Ramirez pitched another great game although I don't think he had his best stuff tonight. He got out of jams a couple of times and got some timely pop ups and double plays when he needed them. I am SO glad he finally got that first major league win! The last time we saw him pitch he was the victim of a blown save so we were hoping for a lot of runs tonight to help him with that win. We weren't quite expecting seven HRs tonight but I'm not going to argue! The Brewers pitchers even gave up a hit to Corey Patterson! That's definitely a bad night, LOL :laugh:

Good job tonight Reds! Please don't let this be all the offense for the rest of the weekend now, LOL ;)

ChatterRed
09-20-2008, 01:50 AM
I was at the game tonight and that was a serious home run show the guys were putting on for the fans! :D There were only about 20,000 fans there but at times it sounded like a big party which was really fun. My mom and I said that Joey and Jay were playing the game of "anything you can do, I can do better" with their HRs tonight! ;) I think the only thing Joey did better than Jay tonight was getting 4 RBIs to Jay's 3 RBIs along with hitting a HR bomb practically into the Ohio River. Jay's were still sent a mile but the second HR Joey hit was absolutely crushed and very nearly left the ballpark! Who said Joey needs to show more power!? I think he listened tonight, LOL :laugh: Every time a Red came up to bat we thought they were going to hit another one because it was just one of those nights. I had a fantastic time and it was SO much fun to watch this game in person. Two moments that cracked me up were when Bruce grounded out to Prince and had to run to first seeing Prince Fielder plowing towards him (I wouldn't want to run right at Prince!) and then Joey grounded out to the 2B (I think) and when the throw came to Prince, it was off line so he ran to Joey to tag him out and Joey fell over! I think Prince about ran him over and poor Joey looked like the last thing he wanted was to be run over by Prince tonight, LOL :laugh: Ramirez pitched another great game although I don't think he had his best stuff tonight. He got out of jams a couple of times and got some timely pop ups and double plays when he needed them. I am SO glad he finally got that first major league win! The last time we saw him pitch he was the victim of a blown save so we were hoping for a lot of runs tonight to help him with that win. We weren't quite expecting seven HRs tonight but I'm not going to argue! The Brewers pitchers even gave up a hit to Corey Patterson! That's definitely a bad night, LOL :laugh:

Good job tonight Reds! Please don't let this be all the offense for the rest of the weekend now, LOL ;)

I only have one response to your post:

:D:jump::bowrofl::rockband::KoolAid::lol::feedback ::laugh::beerme::thumbup:

Ghosts of 1990
09-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah... We really need to trade this Votto guy... All he's done in his first 158 games is hit .290, hit 26 HR, drive in 93 runs and have an OPS of .840...

You build around this type of player not trade them for veterans.

I want this team to use the Minnesota method of winning. Draft, develop, push til arbitration trade for more talent. Keep a couple of your core guys and pay them well. In Minnesota it is Mauer and Moreneau. It could be Bruce and Votto here.

I don't want Holiday or Manny or CC. Build from within. Trade Cordero. Let Weathers and Affeldt walk... Use the kids in the minors and keep the talent rising to the top...

What he does in his second 162 will decide if we trade him or not.

nemesis
09-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Well if its any indication he's OPSing .891 since the all star break.

He is also OPSinf .800 vs LH for the year.

I think he may be the biggest benifactor from the Dunn Griffey trades. i think he up'd his game once they were gone from self pressure to perform. He has done nothing but.

I knew Joey years ago when he and some other Dragons used to come to a bar i worked at and he always struck me as a leader. All the Dragons definatly followed him around. Or maybe because he was a bonus baby vs they were getting something like $22000 per season... So he felt the pressure then to prove his worth.

TheBigLebowski
09-20-2008, 11:09 AM
That was some kind of fun last night. I cannot help but have huge expectations for next season.

Ghosts of 1990
09-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Historic night last night at the ballpark. I would have LOVED to have been there.

Payback for 1999 makes it all that much sweeter.

HeatherC1212
09-20-2008, 02:36 PM
I only have one response to your post:

:D:jump::bowrofl::rockband::KoolAid::lol::feedback ::laugh::beerme::thumbup:

That's about how I felt during the game last night, LOL ;) :beerme: :jump: