PDA

View Full Version : Next years starting lineup ?

ol'Sparky
09-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I was just listening to the game and we got some issues next season ?

Is edwin gone ?

what do you think will be the lineup next year

jerry jr., dickerson ?
keppinger
bruce
b.phill
votto
yonder ?
dickerson ?

what ?

what a great situation to be in !!

GO REDLEGS !!!!

BigRed
09-23-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't think anyone can say what the lineup for next year will be. It makes for an interesting offseason. I think Votto, Bruce, and Phillips are the only certainties and even Phillips could be traded.

ChatterRed
09-24-2008, 01:01 AM
The payroll flexibility and commitment by Castellini and Jocketty to bring a winner, mean there could be some serious turnover.

One thing for sure is the starting pitching and possibly the relief pitching will remain the same. It has been solid this second half of the season.

Votto, Bruce, Dickerson (will be given a chance), Phillips, Hanigan.

What happens at 3B, I have no clue. Same with SS (but they have options). It's no secret they are looking for an everyday LFer.

RedLakerFan24
09-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Chris Dikerson
Brandon Phillips
Joey Votto
Matt Holliday
Jay Bruce
Edwin Encarnacion
Alex Gonzalez
Ryan Hanigan
Pitcher

fewfirstchoice
09-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Next years lineup.....If were lucky.

1) Dickerson( I could see maybe someone else via the trade route maybe)
2) Phillips
3) Votto
4) Magglio Ordonez or M. Holliday
5) Bruce
6) EE( if hes not part of a trade)
7) Gonzo( theres really no one out there at SS besides Furcal that much better than him)
8) a veteran C for Hanigan to learn behind one year(maybe pudge is he price is right or trade for a Molina theres aways one of thme out there)

bench
C Hanigan
IN/OF Keppinger
In/OF Hairston JR
In/OF Freel
left handed stick for the last spot or W. Castillo

Rotation
1) Harang
2) Volquez
3) Arroyo
4) Cueto
5) Garland (not my first pick but I believe the Reds will sign a SP to plug in the 4 or 5 hole and Garland is as good as any not named Burnett, Lowe, CC, or Sheets. He also will not cost 15 mil. a year or more. I wouldnt mind seein teh Reds go after O. Perez but not sure how much hes going to get on the open market)

Bulpen
Cl Cordero ( i know alot of you guys are calling for the Reds to trade this guy...why. He has 34 saves out of 40 right now,thats pretty solid. Hes signed for three more years. If the reds think they can contend in those next 3 seasons they need to keep this guy.)
Rp Burton
Rp Bray
Rp Weathers ( I believe the Reds will resign him against better judgement)
Rp Affeldt ( ibelieve he gets resigned aswell)
I believe they will sign a bull pen guy aswell maybe Biemel
Then I believe the last spot goes to a young kid loek Roenicke
I dont see them resigning Lincoln. the seven above would make a solid Pen.

That would make a solid team with a monster lineup. reat lefty righty balance like Dusty likes. A mix of young and veteran guys. They would have to add around 35 million to the payroll to make it happen but they said they were going to put JR and Dunns money back into the team. That team would probably be around 85 million salary wise and wasnt they some think like 80 million to start this season. So i think its doable, but Im not totaly sure it will happen.

fewfirstchoice
09-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Hey lakerfan our lineup is exactly the same. Except I got Ordonez in front of Holliday. I think they get Mags before they get Holliday.

RedLakerFan24
09-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Few First Choice i also had the same pitching rotation but instead of signing Garland i had Oliver Perez, i think our pitching rotation needs a left hander

akron3344
09-24-2008, 02:04 AM
I cant believe the discrimination against ramirez, he has pitched bettere than almost anyone whats not to like about him

RedLakerFan24
09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
akron im thinking that with Ramirez perfornance he is going to be involve in the trade for Matt Holliday. thats my thinking

CySeymour
09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
akron im thinking that with Ramirez perfornance he is going to be involve in the trade for Matt Holliday. thats my thinking

I think at least 1 of the young pitchers, between Bailey, Maloney, Thompson, and Ramirez, won't be here next year because they will be traded for a need this offseason.

Orodle
09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I really have no idea what the lineup would be...all I know is if Corey Patterson is leading off and playing CF I might jump off a bridge.

kpresidente
09-24-2008, 09:41 PM
VS.LH
Freel
Votto
Phillips
Holliday
Encarnacion
Bruce
Hanigan
Gonzalez

VS. RH
Dickerson
Encarnacion
Bruce
Holliday
Votto
Phillips
Hanigan
Gonzalez

Ghosts of 1990
09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I think Freel, Phillips, Homer Bailey, and possibly Coco Cordero (longshot) and Aaron Harang could be dealt.

Slyder
09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Remember who were talking about here. If Duhhhsty has a say he'll find a way to not only resign but start Hairston, Patterson, and maybe even Bako and then next year we will be saying.....

:lastyear:

Until WJ shows he's dropping the hammer Im going to resign myself to being optimistically pessimistic.